Default Battleship vs. ?

I'm waiting for the movie, just having seen trailers. However, I wonder what would happen if we added some other warships to the mix against the Aliens. The rules are that they are naval in origin or land in water.

1. Space Cruiser Yamato
    2. Shield Carrier from the upcoming Avengers Movie
    3. Seaview
    4. Seaquest

or other such craft.

I'll throw in the Blue Noah, since the Arcadia seems to have been built specifically as a space craft.

That aside, the SeaView won't bring much to the table; it doesn't seem to have much armour. The rest of them though, would turn the aliens into swiss cheese; the SeaQuest's regenerative armour hull took a small nuke to breach enough to incapacitate the ship at the end of S2. The Yamato and the BlueNoah, I doubt the aliens have enough firepower to even scratch their hulls from the trailers(will need to wait for the movie to get their better feats though) In contrast, the Yamato and the BlueNoah, have main guns that IIRC are designed to be used across planetary distances.

And then there's the Wave Motion Gun, which might end up causing more collateral damage than its worth; given the thing's feats(star-busting, blowing up ships the size of planetoids, etc) it might go straight through the alien's shield and blow up the nearest city in its line of sight, with the aliens.

I reckon the SeaQuest alone would give the aliens a run for their money; the thing's like a mile-long underwater Indycar(it even moves about as fast) and has a nuclear arsenal in its belly. The full-yield torpedoes, when dumped in a single volley, causes islands to form when used to blow up a volcano. Want more? Poseidon himself couldn't damage the hull, or keep it in his hand(yes, THAT Poseidon, the God of the Sea)
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    And then there's the Wave Motion Gun, which might end up causing more collateral damage than its worth; given the thing's feats(star-busting, blowing up ships the size of planetoids, etc) it might go straight through the alien's shield and blow up the nearest city in its line of sight, with the aliens.

I reckon the SeaQuest alone would give the aliens a run for their money; the thing's like a mile-long underwater Indycar(it even moves about as fast) and has a nuclear arsenal in its belly. The full-yield torpedoes, when dumped in a single volley, causes islands to form when used to blow up a volcano. Want more? Poseidon himself couldn't damage the hull, or keep it in his hand(yes, THAT Poseidon, the God of the Sea)
    Yeah, the WMG is likely to take the planet with the aliens. I think it has a warning label - do not use in planetary skirmishes.

About the Poseidon thing - there are Poseidons and there are POSEIDONS. Which kind was this? There is the one from Immortals, who would probably get taken out by a fast class 10, and there is the one from Marvel, who bitchslaps class 100s but lacks speed, then there is the one from Illium/Olympos, who likely takes out the JLA (Dan Simmons loves him some totally insane superspeed caused by time distortion - see: The Shrike).

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

About the Poseidon thing - there are Poseidons and there are POSEIDONS. Which kind was this? There is the one from Immortals, who would probably get taken out by a fast class 10, and there is the one from Marvel, who bitchslaps class 100s but lacks speed, then there is the one from Illium/Olympos, who likely takes out the JLA (Dan Simmons loves him some totally insane superspeed caused by time distortion - see: The Shrike).
    I think the Poseidon that appeared in S2 of SeaQuest DSV was written more in line with the original Greek mythology. So, we're looking at a more authentic representation here(causing earthquakes, cursing people, water manipulation, IIRC)
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    I think the Poseidon that appeared in S2 of SeaQuest DSV was written more in line with the original Greek mythology. So, we're looking at a more authentic representation here(causing earthquakes, cursing people, water manipulation, IIRC)
    Cool, thanks - I barely watched that show and definitely never saw god(s) there.

Yer not missing much really, its basically the Star Trek concept transposed into a different context. S1 had an environmental angle, S2 had a sci-fi angle due to studio wanting it, and S3 caught the failboat before the franchise was axed. Either way, when its used in anger and under Khazan conditions, there's nothing in the Battleship trailers to suggest that the aliens will be able to effectively combat the Seaquest due to it originally having been designed by a younger Bridger not as just a battleship, but the ultimate battleship(i.e. before he turned treehugger)