Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine and the X-Men, Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Batman, Aquaman and Swamp Thing, just to name a few, deserved to be nominated way more than this turd.

Daredevil is brilliant, but for me it's a dirty fight between Daredevil, Batman, Animal Man and Uncanny X-Force for the best book. It's been some time that DC and Marvel released so many good books at the same time.
    You have said many times you have never read Ultimate Comics: Spider-man. So how would you know if it should be nominated or not. I don't like Ultimate Spider-Man and I think they should get rid of Brian Micheal Bendis and just cancel the series. The Ultimate Universe does not need a Spider-Man it would be better off without web-slinging teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by darkcow_101 View Post
    You have said many times you have never read Ultimate Comics: Spider-man. So how would you know if it should be nominated or not. I don't like Ultimate Spider-Man and I think they should get rid of Brian Micheal Bendis and just cancel the series. The Ultimate Universe does not need a Spider-Man it would be better off without web-slinging teenagers.
    How is my opinion any less valid if I barely talk about the book and indicate books that were criminally missing from that list? I did give the Miles Morales book a chance, by the way. I think that Bendis should be writing Ultimate Peter Parker again and Miles should get his own name with a new writer, Zeb Wells is a good name for the job, IMO.
    Last edited by Zauri; 04-05-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Ugh... there are better books at Marvel. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome for Bendis and the Ultimate Marvel team, and it would be great for the book if it won. But come on. How did Fantastic Four, Uncanny X-Force, or the other fan favorites not make the cut? Daredevil probably deserves both awards, though.

Also interesting to see that Marvel outperformed DC's non-Vertigo titles as far as nominations go.
    I agree. I'm a big fan of UC:SM, but with the mad decompression and a couple of art issues, I'm surprised this is nominated above some other Marvel titles. I'm also surprised that a couple of DC titles aren't there, such as Batman or Action Comics.

Anyway, I hope Daredevil takes it all.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Ultimate Comics Spider-man...Eisner nominated...

A big Daniel Bryan YES!!

BANNED

I still find it insulting Ultimate Comics: Ultimates was not nominated and the much inferior UC: SM was.

Elder Member

UC:SM is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    UC:SM is better.
    UC: Ultimates is better.

I'm surprised at the amount of saltiness running through this thread.

And it looks like the bigotry is back out in full force, priceless
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by babybro View Post
    And it looks like the bigotry is back out in full force, priceless
    Hey, you're the one who refuses to check out GLTAS because it has a white Lantern. Where have you seen "full force bigotry" here? If anything, it's people quotating Joe Quesada on cross-overs = running out of ideas.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Hey, you're the one who refuses to check out GLTAS because it has a white Lantern. Where have you seen "full force bigotry" here? If anything, it's people quotating Joe Quesada on cross-overs = running out of ideas.
    Please, i stay away from gl because it stars hal, plain and simple. Hence why i said i would watch the show if it starred john OR kyle, whose half hispanic but racially looks completely caucasian. Hal to me isn't interesting, as for bigotry? Simple look at the posts that talks about race as gimmick and placing negative context on race, its not that hard to find.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

BANNED

i couldnt get into this book , way to slow for a monthly read. Venom,batman,swamp thing are few that i thought have been better.

Please, i stay away from gl because it stars hal, plain and simple. Hence why i said i would watch the show if it starred john OR kyle, whose half hispanic but racially looks completely caucasian. Hal to me isn't interesting
    It's because he's white, right? You darn racist. =p Honestly the show is worth checking out, you'd think Bruce Timm and Josh Keaton would make a bland protagonist? Puh, please!

as for bigotry? Simple look at the posts that talks about race as gimmick and placing negative context on race, its not that hard to find.
    In this topic? I haven't seen any, not sure if you're talking about some random comments of NY news site, but here? Eh it's just people being disappointed how "unoriginal" this is. Not bigotry.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    It's because he's white, right? You darn racist. =p Honestly the show is worth checking out, you'd think Bruce Timm and Josh Keaton would make a bland protagonist? Puh, please!
    oh it must be, even though superman and captain marvel are my two most favorite superheroes lol (even though johns has bastardized captain marvel, but that's a different story.). Of course its not cause he's white otherwise id never would have bought the gl comics or watch the movie, but unless the cartoon is way different than either of these two appearances, not sure how I'd like him.

In this topic? I haven't seen any, not sure if you're talking about some random comments of NY news site, but here? Eh it's just people being disappointed how "unoriginal" this is. Not bigotry.
    Putting negative remarks on multiculturalism is bigotry. Saying being a mixed race marketing ploy is bigotry. There are plenty of people that disagree with this suggestion that didn't put negative context on race. They of course had no issue with race, but when u start blasting miles cause he's mixed, thats bigotry

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    How is my opinion any less valid if I barely talk about the book and indicate books that were criminally missing from that list? I did give the Miles Morales book a chance, by the way. I think that Bendis should be writing Ultimate Peter Parker again and Miles should get his own name with a new writer, Zeb Wells is a good name for the job, IMO.
    If you adamantly admit that you don't even read the book then you completely lose any credibility when judging it on it's quality or lack thereof. It's that simple.
    "And in a few years, some rebellious little kid is going to turn up at your school with me on his t-shirt. 'Cyclops was right.'"