Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    Sorry! Sorry! I look at the Dr. Strange icon and just imagine that's who's posting.

Who can blame HER for not waiting?
    Hehe.

I read most comics in the car. I can't help it. I just want to know what happens.

The one thing that really surprised me is that Daimon Hellstrom's defection seems to be genuine. I though he was going to stick with Sin until the time for an opportune betrayal, but he's still with them.
    Last edited by chariset; 04-04-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Yay! Valkyrie kicked ass! I loved this issue. Now bring on the Lady Liberators!

Mr. Bunn, do you know if Val's new armor is supposed to be her new default costume from now on?
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    Yay! Valkyrie kicked ass! I loved this issue. Now bring on the Lady Liberators!

Mr. Bunn, do you know if Val's new armor is supposed to be her new default costume from now on?
    Well, she's wearing that other look in Secret Avengers, so I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Well, she's wearing that other look in Secret Avengers, so I doubt it.
    Could the Secret Avengers stuff be taking place before the conclusion of The Fearless? Marvel is becoming known for their wonky timelines anymore...
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    Could the Secret Avengers stuff be taking place before the conclusion of The Fearless? Marvel is becoming known for their wonky timelines anymore...
    Nope.
    Secret Avengers is happening AFTER Fearless. Rememender said he was taking Fearless into account when he wrote Val.

As Fraction is also writing the Defenders, I think we got a preview of one of the new Valkyrie.

This was from the Concordance Engine warping time?/reality? in Defenders #3.
    Last edited by Hrungr; 04-04-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Hehe.

I read most comics in the car. I can't help it. I just want to know what happens.

The one thing that really surprised me is that Daimon Hellstrom's defection seems to be genuine. I though he was going to stick with Sin until the time for an opportune betrayal, but he's still with them.
    This was one of the things I was holding out for in the last installment of Fearless, so it surprises me that Hellstrom has gone over to the dark side (Why am I surprised the son of Satan is on the Dark side)? I so wished Hellstrom would work on the New Avengers.

As to the series? We have had 12 issues of an epilogue story, some of it set in 1945, and the distant past, about Brunhilde's journey from where she came from and a slave after the defeat of a proto-humanity, and her enslavement by Odin to her role as one of the Valkior. All along the way, in the more modern era, Brun has been following the trail of the hammers. And like Thor, her destiny was linked to the hammers ultimate fate, and her demise with them. But that was not all that Odin made of her. Brun was cited to be bored with heaven, so she decided to bring herself back life, despite Dr Strange's strong magic, kill the last Sleeper and dispatch the Hammers to the nine worlds for hiding, but live again. That wily Odin. He knew Brun was for the adventurous life and not death with her beloved, so Odin built the distaste for heaven into her and so she could return as the shock to Sins plans.

Sin? Young Sinthia Schmidt was resurrected from her brain washing long ago by Brubaker and Crossbones, and it's fitting she returns to a form of obscurity with Crossbones. Her journey mirrors Brunhilde, in that her destiny was to recover the 8 hammers, first to give to her father, and the Worthy. But then, after her fathers defeat, (both Cul and the Red Skull), Sin was to reclaim the hammers again to use solo for herself to destroy the Earth. Her destiny was also to be different to her desires, as she soon fell and her plan to raze the Earth was just as thwarted as Bruns to die.

Both Brunhilde and Sin had their destiny's tied to 1945, as the Red Skull began the Thule on the road to gaining power. Brunhilde attracted to the hammers, her own destiny, and, the Red Skull, eventually handing his destiny, to his daughter on his death, to seek the hammers.

Was this series worth an epilogue for Fear Itself? What was the Fearless? As far as I could tell Brun wasn't affected by that Fear Wave like all the others, so Brun was the Fearless. In the Secret Warriors issue of Fear Itself, Brunhilde resisted the fear in that too, so that was a clue. On the Philadelphia Battle field of FI, Brun recalls the time when she was with Sigmund her lover, dead from his wounds, and ODIN gave her a promise, to collect the dead, and after long Ages, she can reunite to her lost love. We saw Brun first in the announcement party for Starks Resilient new Asgardia, when she apparently went to Asgard space with ODIN. Then she appeared in the Secret Avengers, and at last she began her collection of the hammers. Why did Fear Itself need this reconciliation of the hammers? Because Brun was the hammer safe house. We are supposed to imagine that when the Valkior scattered the hammers to 9 worlds, that this is where they were all along, when Cul summoned them into existence into Midgards realm. When Cul comes again, the hammers will similarly be summoned from their hiding place, so from that standpoint, we had the hammers appear from space, and now, disappear into the 9 worlds again. How fitting.
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-05-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    For those of you who read this, there was a tease at the end of 8 maidens of Midgard that will be lead by Valkyrie when the time calls for them.

It shows Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Black Widow, Storm, Mockingbird, Invisible Woman and Storm.

Now, call me overly optimistic, but I'm VERY giddy that this is a potential series we might get! I mean, how cool would it be?!
    That would be awesome in my opinion I haven't read the Fearless books but if that is a hint about a 'Lady Liberators' team or whatever they're going to call it then I'd be pleased for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Okay, Storm is named twice. Assuming Marvel has not come up with an "awsome new character" called White Storm or any other such nonsense, who is the missing eigth character? Maybe a soon to be ressurected Wasp? Or even better, Photon (Monica Rambeau)?

Peace
    Lol I noticed that Storm was mentioned twice myself.

As for the team possibly having a resurrected Wasp? Yes please is all I've gotta say about that lol.

BANNED

Trying to get twitter and tumblr rolling, though I think it's not getting much headway. Anyone else want to try?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrungr View Post
    As Fraction is also writing the Defenders, I think we got a preview of one of the new Valkyrie.

This was from the Concordance Engine warping time?/reality? in Defenders #3.
    Is this a Wonder Woman as Valkyrie hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Is this a Wonder Woman as Valkyrie hybrid?
    Just in case you weren't kidding -> Red She-Hulk.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Lol I noticed that Storm was mentioned twice myself.

As for the team possibly having a resurrected Wasp? Yes please is all I've gotta say about that lol.
    i think she should be Giant-Woman for the Liberators squad and can use 'Wasp' for whatever Avengers team she joins.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i think she should be Giant-Woman for the Liberators squad and can use 'Wasp' for whatever Avengers team she joins.
    Are we talking Giant Girl from Marvel Adventures? If so, YES PLEASE!

Also, making some headway on Twitter. Contacted the person with the Marvel Women kicking ass blog and it's starting to get people talking! I hope it's the start!

Hmm. If Moondragon and Mantis come back to Earth to be on the team, they could bring Cosmo! Then people get to have their male character, and I get to have a puppy.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco