Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Heartless charltonsect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    46

    Default Assailant Comics

    Just wanted to announce the opening of the site - http://AssailantComics.com

    This is kinda my baby. Over the last year it went from idea to script to pencils/inks/colors/letters and now I have something to share. The site is what it is. I'm not a web designer and did the best I could. haha. It wasn't easy. It actually kinda sucked. BUT.. it's up and it works, and that counts for something I suppose.

    The first two issues of my ongoing series, "Binary Gray" are available in digital format, with print coming in about two weeks. Not to mention, miscellaneous Assailant merchandise.

    In addition, there's a 12-page preview of Binary Gray #1 that I hope you guys will check out.

    Here's the pitch for the book (I suck at pitches)..

    Alex Gray is down on his luck until the day an accident at his job as an IT Technician grants him the extraordinary ability to communicate with any electronic device! But will Alex use his new powers for good or to exact vengeance upon his enemies?

    Elements of both Classic and Modern era comics collide in this super hero action-drama with a biting sense of humor.


    Anyway.. that's it. Hopefully you guys like it. I appreciate any feedback!

    Binary Gray #3 and Sleepless #1 (my short story book) are currently in the works! Binary Gray #1 is also available on Graphicly. #2 will be there shortly!


    Thanks!

    Chris

  2. #2
    snowcrashed. brokentool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    the hills gone sour.
    Posts
    124

    Default

    the site looks great! very neat design, and I like the color scheme.

    also, definitely gonna get both e-issues of Binary Grey a bit later today =))
    Wanderers

    [a free online graphic novel]

  3. #3
    snowcrashed. brokentool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    the hills gone sour.
    Posts
    124

    Default

    so.. I made my first digital comix purchase! will download them tonight @ home and check them out
    Wanderers

    [a free online graphic novel]

  4. #4
    Heartless charltonsect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokentool View Post
    so.. I made my first digital comix purchase! will download them tonight @ home and check them out
    Thanks very much man! I really appreciate the purchase and the compliments on the site. I struggled through a lot of the setup so that's nice to hear. :)

  5. #5
    Heartless charltonsect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Binary Gray #2 is up on Graphicly!

    http://graphicly.com/assailant-comics/binary-gray/2

    Some cool news is on the horizon but I can't spoil it yet! Thanks!

  6. #6

    Default

    like your bold step. just quit my job and intend to get some of my own stories drawn...any tips on how i get noticed?

  7. #7
    snowcrashed. brokentool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    the hills gone sour.
    Posts
    124

    Default

    hey man, finally had time to read the Binary Gray issues. aand I want more! =)

    seriously, for someone not into superhero stuff I really enjoyed them. You are a good writer! the artwork is definitely on the level, I quite like the colors.

    Binary Gray has a kind of.. natural feeling to it, and the flow of the story is seamless. do you make the panel layout, or even a dummy, or is it both you and the artist, or what? I like them panels =)
    Wanderers

    [a free online graphic novel]

  8. #8
    Heartless charltonsect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jarrcho View Post
    like your bold step. just quit my job and intend to get some of my own stories drawn...any tips on how i get noticed?
    are you talking about paying an artist or finding a publisher? if you're not already working to get yourself out there, i guess my only advice would be to do what i did.. start reviewing comics. its a great way to your name out there and make connections. go to a few conventions and just start talking to people. let me know if i've misunderstood what you were asking. :)

  9. #9
    Heartless charltonsect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokentool View Post
    hey man, finally had time to read the Binary Gray issues. aand I want more! =)

    seriously, for someone not into superhero stuff I really enjoyed them. You are a good writer! the artwork is definitely on the level, I quite like the colors.

    Binary Gray has a kind of.. natural feeling to it, and the flow of the story is seamless. do you make the panel layout, or even a dummy, or is it both you and the artist, or what? I like them panels =)
    Thanks man! I really appreciate that! I tried to pace it quickly while still giving the reader as much of the story as possible. It's just my personal preference, but I like a book I can sit down and read in a 5-10 minutes. It's probably just my short attention span. Glad you liked the flow. The books build on each other until they're just really moving at a good rate and the action ramps up and all the pieces start to fall together with the other characters. I'm looking forward to getting the next issue out.

    I don't do the panel layout, just the break down in the script. I try not to overload panels on a page and emphasize which panels should be larger or smaller.. that type of thing.

  10. #10
    Heartless charltonsect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    46

    Default

    crap.. i forgot why i came here. Good news!

    first review for Binary Gray #1 and #2 are up! 4 out of 5 stars!

    http://investcomics.com/reviews/comi...inary-gray-1-2

    If anyone is in the Columbus area, I'll be at SPACE next weekend! April 21st-22nd!

  11. #11
    snowcrashed. brokentool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    the hills gone sour.
    Posts
    124

    Default

    oh, and the cover of vol. 2? very nice
    Wanderers

    [a free online graphic novel]

  12. #12
    Heartless charltonsect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Thanks man! I really appreciate it!

    SPACE was great - everyone really loved the book. I was curious how it would play since SPACE is primarily and "indie" convention and not really super-hero-centric. But it seemed to play to both crowds. I think the combination of indie vibe with the super hero bit worked really well and everyone commented on how professional the book looks. (the print copies are gorgeous, by the way)

    And also - there are two more reviews for the book up and some more on the way. Thanks!

    http://www.omnicomic.com/2012/04/rev...ay-1.html#more

    http://www.comicbooked.com/review-binary-gray/

  13. #13

    Default

    This comic looks really good - art and story. The website is great! Easy to navigate, nice visuals. Simple is best. I will be picking up both issues digitally from your site. Are you just distributing through your site? And is the print version POD or did you print them yourself?
    Last edited by Grigoris; 04-28-2012 at 12:02 AM.
    Out Now! Satanic Hell - a comic book about a metal band trapped in a religious dystopia. Join us on Facebook

  14. #14

    Default

    I just noticed that the buying process is rather too much on your website, and you're requesting personal info just for a digital comic. It also wouldn't let me put more than one issue in my cart at a time. On your store page, you should have an "add to cart" button as well underneath the comics - I had to keep clicking back and forth to try to get both issues in the shopping cart. In this look & click world, these are unnecessary barriers to selling your comics. It should be fast & easy to buy your comics: one click. Allowing people to login with Twitter would help or just buy it with their paypal account without all the info and steps. Its one benefit of selling through Amazon or an established marketplace. I see you are selling through Graphicly as well, which I think you should put on your website, along with any other places you decide to sell it. The one issue with Graphicly is that they killed their app for phones and tablets.
    Out Now! Satanic Hell - a comic book about a metal band trapped in a religious dystopia. Join us on Facebook

  15. #15
    Heartless charltonsect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grigoris View Post
    I just noticed that the buying process is rather too much on your website, and you're requesting personal info just for a digital comic. It also wouldn't let me put more than one issue in my cart at a time. On your store page, you should have an "add to cart" button as well underneath the comics - I had to keep clicking back and forth to try to get both issues in the shopping cart. In this look & click world, these are unnecessary barriers to selling your comics. It should be fast & easy to buy your comics: one click. Allowing people to login with Twitter would help or just buy it with their paypal account without all the info and steps. Its one benefit of selling through Amazon or an established marketplace. I see you are selling through Graphicly as well, which I think you should put on your website, along with any other places you decide to sell it. The one issue with Graphicly is that they killed their app for phones and tablets.
    Thanks for the compliments on the book and comments on the site. I'm sorry you found it frustrating. The store was the biggest problem when I was building the site and the store that came with that wordpress theme is basically what I had to work with. The links for Graphicly and MyDigitalComics.com are on the "Where to Buy" page. I prefer MyDigitalComics personally. Graphicly really did a piss poor job converting my files and I'm working with them to get it resolved. For some reason MyDigitalComics had no issues converting them - both books look great. And for some reason I thought there was a "guest" account to purchase, so I'll look into that. I definitely appreciate the feedback though and thank you very much for your interest in the books! Issue 3 is due out in July! :)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •