NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Default Anime Discussion - Casshern Sins

So, has anyone ever watched this anime? I have seen it 2 or 3 times now and I really regard it as being one of the most interesting (and morbid) anime series I've seen in quite some time, I really enjoyed the storytelling and the odd animation mixed with the post-apocalyptic setting presented in it's 20-something episodes. I'm re-watching it right now for lack of nothing else to watch, I'll probably go back and watch other animes from the past few years too, but I decided that this one would be the next in line for me to revisit and I'm glad I'm checking it out again because it really is something to behold.

Anyone have anything to say about this anime series?

Casshern SINS is easily one of the best anime series I've watched in the last 5 years. Grim, brutal, and sometimes sweet. Its one of the best post-apoc stories I've ever read. It isn't perfect, its ending is rather vague and wrapped up to quickly. But that can be said about a lot of anime shows.

The animation is GORGEOUS. Easily one of the crown jewels of my blu-ray collection.

I think what I love the best about this series is the relationships Casshern develops throughout his journey, he gets to meet a lot of people but aside from Ringo and her keeper nobody really sticks around because they either die or leave. Some of the individuals are just downright tragic, but they've been touched by simply meeting Casshern and seeing that he's not as destructive as the world has made him out to be, its reall quite cool.

I really need to purchase the Original Soundtrack for this series or find a way to download it, some of this atmospheric music is just simply amazing and I would love to kick back and listen to it while enjoying a nice cigar and a glass of bourbon on the rocks some weekend. I've noticed that lot's of anime's have amazing soundtracks, but there is something about the background music of Casshern Sins that really strikes me as something special.

Anyone agree?

My older brother has this dvd set in blue ray and I watched the first few episodes and thought it was ok. I wasn't big into the way it was animated and I didn't like the little kid and her cuteness but it wasn't a bad story and had some bright spots. I would consider watching the whole thing someday but I'm more into the mainstream anime.