Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default A MAJOR Change in the status quo of Phil Urich/"Hobgoblin"

From ECCC'12:
    Slott later answered a question about Phil Urich in "Amazing Spider-Man" and teased an upcoming arc "where his status quo will change."
    Thoughts? Opinions? Etc.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Please let him die.

Considering the Venom preview, we are about to see his downfall or lowpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    Please let him die.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    Considering the Venom preview, we are about to see his downfall or lowpoint.
    This stuff never happened to Roderick Kingsley

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Phil will become a world famous photographer/cameraman for snapping a photo of Spider-Man in some crisis, absolutely putting him on the map, but at the same time making it more difficult for him to moonlight as the Hobgoblin.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I think Phil turns hero.

Not that he'll be overly heroic, of course. I just think he'll realize that being a villain is way more dangerous and not nearly so profitable. Even though Slott plays it up way more than Tom DeFalco did in the old Green Goblin series, even there he was kind of apathetic about "doing good" with his powers much of the time, so I don't think a return to just-for-kicks Phil is out of the question, albeit a little more selfish and sinister.

Or Roderick Kingsley reveals himself at last. Then all bets are off.

-Pav, who thinks Phil's cool enough to survive the return of Roderick, but maybe others (who didn't read his GG series) disagree...

Quote Originally Posted by preppistonpav View Post
    I think Phil turns hero.

Not that he'll be overly heroic, of course. I just think he'll realize that being a villain is way more dangerous and not nearly so profitable. Even though Slott plays it up way more than Tom DeFalco did in the old Green Goblin series, even there he was kind of apathetic about "doing good" with his powers much of the time, so I don't think a return to just-for-kicks Phil is out of the question, albeit a little more selfish and sinister.

-Pav, who thinks Phil's cool enough to survive the return of Roderick, but maybe others (who didn't read his GG series) disagree...
    Being a villain is one of the safest and most profitable jobs in the MU. Heroes won't kill you, there's no death penalty and you spend your days working for well-paying criminal masterminds.

And he can never be a hero, he's a psychotic murderer, and last time I saw him he was lusting after the hot blonde he couldn't get because she has a boyfriend he resents. That would be the most bizarre heel-turn in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarriorBlake View Post
    Being a villain is one of the safest and most profitable jobs in the MU. Heroes won't kill you, there's no death penalty and you spend your days working for well-paying criminal masterminds.

And he can never be a hero, he's a psychotic murderer, and last time I saw him he was lusting after the hot blonde he couldn't get because she has a boyfriend he resents. That would be the most bizarre heel-turn in recent memory.
    They are dating now, I believe. Though I agree I don't see the hero thing, unless they do something about the fact he is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    They are dating now, I believe. Though I agree I don't see the hero thing, unless they do something about the fact he is insane.
    O_O Ulrich is dating Norah? wtf!?

He had better not be turned into an "anti-hero". I refuse to accept it, just like I refused to accept Venom/Brock's promotion to anti-hero years ago. Too much blood on his hands, too psychotic, there's no redemption in my eyes.
    If anything, I hope that Norah breaks up with him and he reveals himself as a psycho, if not necessarily a Goblin. And has Pete still failed to notice the guy with glasses and tattoos working at Horizon was also working for the Kingpin?

Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

He should stop being used, or have him get killed by Taskmaster, or the Lizard.

Quote Originally Posted by preppistonpav View Post
    I think Phil turns hero.

You forgot to mention Tom Defalco's Spider-girl series as well...

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Randy accused Norah of being more concerned for the news story than their relationship. Then, after Randy and Phil fought, Phil shows up all beat up and tells Norah, "I got jumped for my camera, but I wouldn't let them have it because it's important that people get the full story of what happened here today." Or somesuch. And Norah kissed him.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Norah would discover she will birth a Goblin baby.

It happened in that SI satellite book (I think), Robbie went with Norah to film, he got in danger and she refused to help him. They broke up and she went with Phil. Oh and Robbie had been fighting the Hobgoblin that is why he was there.

Edit: Damn it Cyberhubbs! You beat me and explained it better!
    Last edited by charlesthehammer; 04-03-2012 at 01:23 PM.