Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chester99 View Post
    I'd rather see this...

I had to! Imagine a Rogue and Gambit crime caper series!
    Nicely done. Spunky Rogue with a gun is hot given her power change. That should have been used more given Rogue'e terrorist background with Mystique. She should be good with a gun. Gambit and Rogue foiling criminal capers would be too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to put in some pics chester!

@motherofpearl1, I understand what you're saying but, this isn't Rogue anymore, she was given a redo into AoX's character, Legacy. While the real or old Rogue wouldn't be a member of Avengers, NuRogue would. And to be honest, most of her fans have gone. Even those who were buying XML basically pleaded with the writer to make it less Rogue because hardly anybody can stand her now. In a way, casting her off to UA might be a way to salvage NuRogue. Who knows
    I actually was looking forward to seeing her in UA - then they revealed one of the first mssions is to take out X Force. Rogue and another character I once loved, Logan, hunting down people they used to love.

Maybe one day it will be revealed they're both Skrulls!

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I actually was looking forward to seeing her in UA - then they revealed one of the first mssions is to take out X Force. Rogue and another character I once loved, Logan, hunting down people they used to love.
    That always happens in comics though. I'm sure Cable and crew will being involved with something that "looks" bad though they didn't actually do it and therefore the Avengers group will have to try to capture them. Its the big misuderstanding thing. At least they likely aren't Cyclops and order Cable killed on really flimsy information. What I'm a lot more sick of all the authority and humans in the MU having to look like bigoted jerks just so Cyclops extreme actions can be acceptable. I mean you know that Cyke had to be thrown into a mutant control prison that hates mutants and is run by a corrupt warden because all (scarcasim) authorities, governments, prisons and law are always more corrupt than the prisoners they hold. So power corrupts all governments and leaders but not Cyclops and any rebel fractions? It was always a bit there in Claremont's run but there was some balance. Now its so absurd that you might as well consider the MU its own little distopian future.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    That always happens in comics though. I'm sure Cable and crew will being involved with something that "looks" bad though they didn't actually do it and therefore the Avengers group will have to try to capture them. Its the big misuderstanding thing. At least they likely aren't Cyclops and order Cable killed on really flimsy information. What I'm a lot more sick of all the authority and humans in the MU having to look like bigoted jerks just so Cyclops extreme actions can be acceptable. I mean you know that Cyke had to be thrown into a mutant control prison that hates mutants and is run by a corrupt warden because all (scarcasim) authorities, governments, prisons and law are always more corrupt than the prisoners they hold. So power corrupts all governments and leaders but not Cyclops and any rebel fractions? It was always a bit there in Claremont's run but there was some balance. Now its so absurd that you might as well consider the MU its own little distopian future.
    Right on the money, and personally I don't think it really benefit's Cyclops character for marvel to be throwing these soft ball situations, where you're suppose to think how can he NOT do this or that.Honestly,the human/mutant tension leaves alot to be desired when it is actually shown in the pages and I think Eva's rescue (New X-Men#1) and the other mutant who healed someone with his powers, was pretty weak introduction to Cyclops rebellion.Generic bigots just annoy me.

Considering what thread this is... Romy rules!

I haven't given my thoughts on Romy in a while:

I would love to see a ROMY issue by Claymann!

It kinda sucked that creative politics got in the way of showing anyway dynamism between Rogue & Gambit in Legacy. In my opinion it is still the best X-couple because both characters are on equal footing and have the strongest dynamic that you could hope for and I am shocked how unwilling some authors are to take advantage of it.

They are both great characters independent of each other, I don't think that is in question, but life is too short to give us 8 years of shabby Romy when the story potentials are there and a pretty strong fanbase is present! Emma/ Scott are going to break up after 8 years or so, and I don't think anyone will really care ,what does that say?

Rogue is rumored to enter a new relationship in Uncanny Avengers, and I am sure Remender will give it a big push, but I doubt there will be as good chemistry going for it whether it be Thor, Havok or Cap.
    Last edited by damage_inc; 11-16-2012 at 11:31 AM.

I am also highly anticipating Clay Mann's Romy, assuming he will continue to be involved during that arc. Hi, by the way. I am new to this forum, but not to X-Men Comics. I've been reading since I was 12, definitely before forums were around. I just want to say thanks to this thread and the Boysenberry Pie Tumblr. I took a hiatus on comic books for a long while, and the Romy fans' enthusiasm drew me back in. I have been enjoying buying back issues based on the pictures posted on these sites, so thanks again. As for Romy, I actually feel hopeful about their future, especially due to their current character development. I truly believe that writers will always find reasons to bring these two back to one another.

Maybe one day it will be revealed they're both Skrulls!
    Heck yeah, if Marvel decides to fix blunders, Rogue deserves that much and so do her poor fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes617 View Post
    I am also highly anticipating Clay Mann's Romy, assuming he will continue to be involved during that arc. Hi, by the way. I am new to this forum, but not to X-Men Comics. I've been reading since I was 12, definitely before forums were around. I just want to say thanks to this thread and the Boysenberry Pie Tumblr. I took a hiatus on comic books for a long while, and the Romy fans' enthusiasm drew me back in. I have been enjoying buying back issues based on the pictures posted on these sites, so thanks again. As for Romy, I actually feel hopeful about their future, especially due to their current character development. I truly believe that writers will always find reasons to bring these two back to one another.
    Hi Dante617, welcome to the thread. Wow, can't believe this thread provided help! That's pretty awesome :)

damge_inc, the funny thing is while Mann was on XML, he never really drew 'Romy', so with the GAMBIT issues coming up, it may be the first time he's done it.

Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    Nicely done. Spunky Rogue with a gun is hot given her power change. That should have been used more given Rogue'e terrorist background with Mystique. She should be good with a gun. Gambit and Rogue foiling criminal capers would be too funny.
    Thanks but I can't take that much credit. It's the cover to Gambit #9 and it was such a perfect picture, but I had to substitute Joelle for Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    I rather liked her House of M version - we didn't see enough of her!

Quote Originally Posted by chester99 View Post
    Thanks but I can't take that much credit. It's the cover to Gambit #9 and it was such a perfect picture, but I had to substitute Joelle for Rogue.
    It is really good. Seamless edit from Joelle to Rogue. I noticed you substituted the faces as well ;)

I rather liked her House of M version - we didn't see enough of her!
    That braid was pure Rogue-y!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy View Post
    That braid was pure Rogue-y!
    I know. The hair was spot on. If you can't have jacked to Jesus high hair, those braids were a great other way to go.

Off topic but am I the only one who's noticed that many of the posters on this thread no longer contribute to the X Men threads?

Are you like me, sick and tired of what they've done to our favourite characters?

Off topic but am I the only one who's noticed that many of the posters on this thread no longer contribute to the X Men threads?

Are you like me, sick and tired of what they've done to our favourite characters?

I'm not sure what the reasoning is, but, I do find myself posting less often to the main x-boards. I am like you though, in that, I am super disappointed in what they've done to characterc, most notably, Rogue.

Romy is loved by those of us posting here not just because they made a great couple but because in a lot of ways they represented what was so memorable about the X Men. A former 'bad girl' and a ladies man thief found a new home, a new direction in life and each other after coming to Xavier's. Yes, a lot of the 'old stuff' might look dated now but it had a heart and soul I just don't find in the 'New' X Men. Which is why I can't be bothered to waste my time and money on the current X books. I do like Wood's stuff in Ultimate though - it has a lot of potential. I'd like to see more 'sassy' Rogue though - I' ve had enough of 'emo' Rogue to last a lifetime!