Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Ive never read 297, can anyone give a quick summary please?

297, I recall snippets where there wasn't an action/plot driven issue like how it is now. Rogue was sulking on the roof so Remy comforts her. Jubilee agrees to go to Massachusetts Academy and Generation X is launched. I nearly forgotten Emma was a teacher there for six-year run our time!

Thanks everyone for the scans!

That's good to know about Comicvine. I am sure there are more Romy fans who would contribute if they registered (including me) tipping the scales even further!

Quote Originally Posted by gambit78 View Post
    I'll try and post Remy catching the garter pic this weekend. The wedding pic from above was from the official wedding issue a separate issue which I have.
    I see, thanks for that info.

Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    That's only half of it. I meant the scene when he comes back with the blanket. Love the cute flying pic.

FYI on the main Comic Vine X-Men forum if you go down the page a little, they had a an add/subtract vote for the twenty X-Men couples and Gambit and Rogue won #1 by a huge margin with Kitty and Colossus second.

Guess which "couple" was voted out first?

To be expected really. The book itself began to tank because of that so, no surprise there.

Romy won, huh? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by halla View Post
    Yes, they did a separate X-Men: The Wedding Album to commemorate the marriage. I never actually bought it, since . . . well, I didn't care too much about Jean and Scott's wedding. When I read #30, I was mostly entertained by how they managed to shoehorn Gambit and Rogue into half the panels. They were so the Power Couple of X-Men.

I'll save you the trouble of scanning it, since they have it on the Marvel Digital Comics site, and I just have to hit print-screen. :)

Rogue FLYING for the bouquet:

Gambit catching the garter:

Thanks for these and especially the one on the roof for faith4.

Did you like the fanart, Moonshine?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shogun View Post
    Ive never read 297, can anyone give a quick summary please?
    It was the epilogue to the BIG CROSSOVER of the time, X-Cutioner's Song, where Stryfe tries to assassinate Xavier by giving him the techno-organic virus. As a result of it, Xavier temporarily regains the ability to walk, and Jubilee takes him rollerblading. It sounds cheesy, but it's seriously touching and well-done, especially the end part where Xavier is losing the ability to walk again and Jubilee has to help him back to his chair. Stryfe also blinded Rogue IIRC, and Gambit acted as her eyes for a while after that, which led them to the point where they had a talk about their relationship - about whether it was serious or just a game. Lastly, Beast and Archangel rebuild Harry's Hideaway, which had been destroyed a few issues before.

Also, you have Rogue delivering the AMAZING line: 'Changing an object up and throwing it away - that’s your “special gift”. Ah ain’t an object, Gambit. Ah’m a woman. If ya can’t - if ya won’t - treat me like one, then please…leave me alone.'

God, she had actual self-respect back then, and so did Gambit.

You can find a longer one here: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/issues...sp?fldAuto=683

Quote Originally Posted by halla View Post

It was such a well-done scene. It was subtle and cute and everything it should be. I think 297 is probably my favourite issue of all time, and not only for this moment.
    I especially love the part with the closeup shot of Rogue and those green eyes telling Gambit how her powers are about restraint, and Gam has no control over himself. She uses Gambits power as an analogy about how he treats women, and how she doesn't want to be treated. Truly an amazing issue. The professor X Jubilee parts were incredible too. When Jubilee started crying asking for a few more steps for Xavier was so powerful. An amazing issue indeed.
    Last edited by Askia32; 04-12-2012 at 08:07 PM.

I haven't really posted any of the covers yet so if anyone wants to go ahead and post, cool.

Also, some of the more obscure stuff (like the ones gambit78 and halla mentioned/posted) would also be cool because I, personally, hadn't seen the romy wedding pic before this thread.

I'm still searching out some flying ones. Anyway, enjoy these:-

The green dress Rogue with Remy dance scene was from the special wedding issue.
    The Ed Benes one with Remy charging up Magneto's helmet and ready to kiss Rogue, I had no idea he also did my other fave RR pic, the one with Rogue sitting in Remy's lap and shedding a tear for him (he's smoking).

I'm wracking my head on what nice pic I can upload.
    Love this pic:
    http://bit.ly/wnZbpi

Ignore the posters' comments under it. Too ominous

One panel I've never seen was Polaris' bachelorette party where she got herself a Gambit lookalike to strip for her. The lookalike looked exactly like Remy? And how she said if she were Rogue she'd do anything to tap that Cajun.
    Last edited by gambit78; 04-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Thumbs up

Romy in TV, part 1.

Last edited by Sylarmax; 04-13-2012 at 09:43 PM.

That sweet valley high picture was hilarous! I never knew there was a special wedding issue for scott and jean's wedding. I wasn't reading consistly then.

The green dress Rogue with Remy dance scene was from the special wedding issue.
    The Ed Benes one with Remy charging up Magneto's helmet and ready to kiss Rogue, I had no idea he also did my other fave RR pic, the one with Rogue sitting in Remy's lap and shedding a tear for him (he's smoking).

Love this pic:

Ignore the posters' comments under it. Too ominous

One panel I've never seen was Polaris' bachelorette party where she got herself a Gambit lookalike to strip for her. The lookalike looked exactly like Remy? And how she said if she were Rogue she'd do anything to tap that Cajun.

There's a ton of Rogue/Gambit stuff on deviantart.

Love this pic:

Why is that not a real thing? I would buy every book in that series twice. I loved Sweet Valley High so much when I was growing up.

I'll see if I can track down the Gambit stripper, though it will mean exposing myself to Austen. You're lucky that I like you people. I've always found Romy fans to be incredibly nice for some reason, and this thread is no exception. :)

Here are the scans for UXM #425, which is Lorna's bachelorette party.

Jean has terrible taste in men. She thinks Cyclops is hot, but doesn't get what people see in Gambit.

Lorna's advice for Rogue, which struck me as eminently sensible at the time, and I wished a writer would just take to eliminate the angst:

"Sexy" Gambit stripper. The art's not the best in the issue:

Any other requests?

I was the biggest Sweet Valley fan, so Rogue looking to the side like that, SO Sweet Valley. And Remy looking befuddled takes the cake.

YAY, all the pics I wanted to upload, I already did years ago and kept them on an album. Here's the first one, from Avengers 369? I don't have a scanner, it was from an old camera. Also, thanx for the remy stripper scans, I'd never seen this issue.

Sylarmax, those are great. Thank-you. I have to say , I didn't mind the romy in the cartoons.

Halla, you know Jean knows how hot Remy is

I never saw that before, gambit78. So many rare finds in this thread.

Also, halla, some of my best friends in comics used to be Romy people. I guess they didn't mind this Gambit fan tagging along. :) They are friendly.
    And, if you're taking requests, in my search for pics, I came across two of the times Rogue mentioned marriage/settling down with Remy. I know there are two more but haven't found those yet. So, maybe you can post the one from the ROGUE ongoing when she says Remy is the only guy she'd ever.....yadda yadda yadda
    and the one from the issue where Mystique shapeshifted into Gambit and Rogue went on about wanting husband/Remy etc

I'll post the other two times from Cable and XXM later.

There's also the one time Gambit mentioned it, in X-Pose.

There's a beautiful Romy cover in the ROGUE ongoing as well. I remember the art was stunning on it and Gambit looked good!