Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1135
  1. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambit78 View Post
    I remember back in 2000, Marvel suddenly decided no more Romy and some blogsters were boohooing. There was a Geocities webmistress of a Romy site who wailed about it. And then we got Xtreme XMen with tons of RR.

    Another lookback: XM #30 the Jean/Scott wedding issue where I hadn't realized that Remy looked AMAZING when he lit up that card and tore the men away from the thrown garter and caught it. It also didn't hit me that he could've tried to put it on Rogue's leg ? (we hadn't seen it) And that Strongman or someone called her Mississippi Marauder? Dang, details I missed over the yrs?

    They were all for RR then, with those hints of the Next Xcouple to wed, and that big 1994 Marvel survey about whether RR should marry or not.
    Different people were in charge then and books sold better.

  2. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    I saw the panel in Magneto Wars with Rogue fantasizing about two men fighting about her. I saw in my XM #58 issue that she was disgusted about two men fighting about her. Whippylash much? ;-)

  3. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,728

    Default

    There's a Gambit solo due out soon, and over on the main X Men forums a lot of posters are saying 'keep Rogue away from him' and the awful thing is i understand it. Because the Legacy rogue isn't Rogue - she's a complete stranger.
    Marvel for crying out loud bring her back. Where is the heroine men wanted and women wanted to be!

  4. #49
    Junior Member Askia32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy View Post
    X-Men Legacy? Or X-Treme X-Men?
    Woops. Yea... X-treme x-men. Don't know how that mix up happened, must of been anonymous playing a joke or something.

  5. #50
    Junior Member Sparta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    There's a Gambit solo due out soon, and over on the main X Men forums a lot of posters are saying 'keep Rogue away from him' and the awful thing is i understand it. Because the Legacy rogue isn't Rogue - she's a complete stranger.
    Marvel for crying out loud bring her back. Where is the heroine men wanted and women wanted to be!
    I assume it'll be a mini series. I hope it is so the story can have a beginning-middle-end...rather than plot danglers when the book gets cancelled.

    Rogue appearing wouldn't bother me (she probably won't), it all depends on the writer and the idea and how the character/s fit into the story.

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    There's a Gambit solo due out soon, and over on the main X Men forums a lot of posters are saying 'keep Rogue away from him' and the awful thing is i understand it. Because the Legacy rogue isn't Rogue - she's a complete stranger.
    Marvel for crying out loud bring her back. Where is the heroine men wanted and women wanted to be!
    Yes, my current reaction to Legacy Rogue tends to involve eye-rolling and bad words.

    Damnit, I miss this woman:



    I miss Rogue being sassy and fun. I miss banter.

  7. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambit78 View Post
    Another lookback: XM #30 the Jean/Scott wedding issue where I hadn't realized that Remy looked AMAZING when he lit up that card and tore the men away from the thrown garter and caught it. It also didn't hit me that he could've tried to put it on Rogue's leg ? (we hadn't seen it) And that Strongman or someone called her Mississippi Marauder? Dang, details I missed over the yrs?


    I've starting appreciating Kubert's art more in recent years. This picture is gorgeous.

  8. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambit78 View Post
    I saw the panel in Magneto Wars with Rogue fantasizing about two men fighting about her. I saw in my XM #58 issue that she was disgusted about two men fighting about her. Whippylash much? ;-)
    The one from the 'Magneto one shot' isn't of Rogue fantasizing, it's one of Magneto's Acolytes (Rem Ram) manipulating the dreams of the X-Men, Rogue being one among many. She was actually dreaming about ballroom dancing and eventually (unless Rem Ram inserted Gambit in there which is unlikely) she dreamt up Gambit in that dream to combat the 'proposal'. Contrary to that, the one in #58 was real and she wasn't happy about Gambit and Joe fighting.

    Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    There's a Gambit solo due out soon, and over on the main X Men forums a lot of posters are saying 'keep Rogue away from him' and the awful thing is i understand it. Because the Legacy rogue isn't Rogue - she's a complete stranger.
    Marvel for crying out loud bring her back. Where is the heroine men wanted and women wanted to be!
    Yes, it's very understandable. Shame really, she used to be a good character before they replaced her with Legacy.




    Quote Originally Posted by Askia32 View Post
    Woops. Yea... X-treme x-men. Don't know how that mix up happened, must of been anonymous playing a joke or something.


    Quote Originally Posted by halla View Post
    Yes, my current reaction to Legacy Rogue tends to involve eye-rolling and bad words.

    Damnit, I miss this woman:



    I miss Rogue being sassy and fun. I miss banter.
    Gambit is classic in that with the 'who can blame you' line. Awesome lol :)

    Quote Originally Posted by halla View Post


    I've starting appreciating Kubert's art more in recent years. This picture is gorgeous.
    I have never seen that pic (could be because I didn't read the marriage issue) but that is cool. Thanks for sharing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I assume it'll be a mini series. I hope it is so the story can have a beginning-middle-end...rather than plot danglers when the book gets cancelled.

    Rogue appearing wouldn't bother me (she probably won't), it all depends on the writer and the idea and how the character/s fit into the story.
    One wonders what the idea pr premise would be.

  9. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Moonshine, I couldn't find a flying one but here's a fanart piece of the same tone:-


  10. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Here's the one from the roof, faith4


  11. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    I'll try and post Remy catching the garter pic this weekend. The wedding pic from above was from the official wedding issue a separate issue which I have.

    I really don't want current Rogue in Remy's solo. THough I will point out the last Remy solo and the second one sans Rogue were very unmemorable aside from Remy sleeping with a nun.

    I liked the one with Rogue taking Remy in the air while she was blind. Have no clue where my issue is these days. The only blind Rogue issue I have is the one on the platform where Remy told her to trust no one and Professor X offered commentary about their relationship.
    Last edited by gambit78; 04-11-2012 at 04:31 PM.

  12. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy View Post
    Here's the one from the roof, faith4
    That's only half of it. I meant the scene when he comes back with the blanket. Love the cute flying pic.

    FYI on the main Comic Vine X-Men forum if you go down the page a little, they had a an add/subtract vote for the twenty X-Men couples and Gambit and Rogue won #1 by a huge margin with Kitty and Colossus second.

    Guess which "couple" was voted out first?
    Last edited by f4faith; 04-11-2012 at 06:26 PM.

  13. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambit78 View Post
    I'll try and post Remy catching the garter pic this weekend. The wedding pic from above was from the official wedding issue a separate issue which I have.
    Yes, they did a separate X-Men: The Wedding Album to commemorate the marriage. I never actually bought it, since . . . well, I didn't care too much about Jean and Scott's wedding. When I read #30, I was mostly entertained by how they managed to shoehorn Gambit and Rogue into half the panels. They were so the Power Couple of X-Men.

    I'll save you the trouble of scanning it, since they have it on the Marvel Digital Comics site, and I just have to hit print-screen. :)

    Rogue FLYING for the bouquet:



    Gambit catching the garter:


  14. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    That's only half of it. I meant the scene when he comes back with the blanket. Love the cute flying pic.

    FYI on the main Comic Vine X-Men forum if you go down the page a little, they had a an add/subtract vote for the twenty X-Men couples and Gambit and Rogue won #1 by a huge margin with Kitty and Colossus second.

    Guess which "couple" was voted out first?


    It was such a well-done scene. It was subtle and cute and everything it should be. I think 297 is probably my favourite issue of all time, and not only for this moment.

  15. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halla View Post
    It was such a well-done scene. It was subtle and cute and everything it should be. I think 297 is probably my favourite issue of all time, and not only for this moment.
    Nice. I remember loving that issue too. There are things you can fault Lobdell for but 297 was darn near perfection as down time issues go.

    The Xavier - Jubilee interaction was stunning. Ah I miss that Xavier too before they turned him into a near bastard with feet of clay being sneared at by another bastard and his blond mistress with feet of clay doing the exact same thing yet getting away with it.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •