Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thanx for the XXM pics. I remember getting busy with school and dropping the series when LaRocca left. WHERE did the rose petals in bed come from? If I can remember, I'll post other gems that we've hardly seen of RR, like the XXM annual where Remy paws at Anna in a tunnel (well, Anna accuses him of copping a feel) and where she calls him Louisiana in an Avengers issue.

Other gems: Andy Kubert drew XM #24's RR date and had them touching, but apparantly that black line was a space between their faces.

Also realized, we've never seen Remy carry Anna, ever??? I just see her carrying him and taking him when she was still flying.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit78 View Post
    Thanx for the XXM pics. I remember getting busy with school and dropping the series when LaRocca left. WHERE did the rose petals in bed come from? If I can remember, I'll post other gems that we've hardly seen of RR, like the XXM annual where Remy paws at Anna in a tunnel (well, Anna accuses him of copping a feel) and where she calls him Louisiana in an Avengers issue.

Other gems: Andy Kubert drew XM #24's RR date and had them touching, but apparantly that black line was a space between their faces.

Also realized, we've never seen Remy carry Anna, ever??? I just see her carrying him and taking him when she was still flying.
    IIRC, this was the ploy by Rogue and Sage to jump-start Remy's powers, by having Sage pretend to be Rogue. Therefore, the petals were probably placed there by both women.

I think Remy had Rogue over his shoulder once (carrying her) . It was a Claremont issue.

Enjoy more of these XXM pics, to follow.

This's nice

Ahh, Claremont. Even Kordey's questionable pencils can't mar the brilliance of your Rogue & Gambit.

The way it plays out in my head, Rogue and Remy complement each other perfectly as a team, his playfulness and snarky arrogance working with her tough-gal brashness and straightforward attitude towards problem-solving to create a brilliant team of heavy-hitting Claremazon and sneaky back-door operative. And their strength as a couple seemed, under Claremont's pen, to come from a place of mutual admiration and respect, something we haven't seen much of in fictional couples.

Even though I don't think it's even possible to hook them up anymore and have audiences take it seriously, I can still enjoy the times when they were together, and better and stronger for it (as opposed to the co-dependent, angst-ridden mess Lobdell tried to make of them).
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

This thread makes me sad and nostalgic. Marvel had one of the greatest couples of all time, and somehow managed to ruin it. I think that Rogue & Gambit could be great again, but that it would require rebuilding both characters and the amazing dynamic between them. They both haven't been sexy and flirty and FUN for a very long time, thanks to a certain Mr Carey who turned Rogue into Cyclops and Gambit into some sort of love-sick loser.

That said, I will confess that I had a moment of "aww" in the recent X-Men Legacy when they hugged. It was like things were right again in the X-Men Universe for one brief second. Part of me - a big part of me - will totally always be a Romy fan. I'll post scans later, and wallow in glorious nostalgia. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    Ahh, Claremont. Even Kordey's questionable pencils can't mar the brilliance of your Rogue & Gambit.

The way it plays out in my head, Rogue and Remy complement each other perfectly as a team, his playfulness and snarky arrogance working with her tough-gal brashness and straightforward attitude towards problem-solving to create a brilliant team of heavy-hitting Claremazon and sneaky back-door operative. And their strength as a couple seemed, under Claremont's pen, to come from a place of mutual admiration and respect, something we haven't seen much of in fictional couples.

Even though I don't think it's even possible to hook them up anymore and have audiences take it seriously, I can still enjoy the times when they were together, and better and stronger for it (as opposed to the co-dependent, angst-ridden mess Lobdell tried to make of them).

Claremont definitely had a handle on the characters. He knew who they were at their core. Not just Gambit and Rogue but most of the characters. Whatever he did to them, he still stayed true to the characters.

One thing I will say about Kordey, he did labor to pencil expressions. May not have been pretty expressions but little things here and there (like Rogue pouting in that earlier pic when Remy slapped her hand from pinching food) stand out in his work.

Quote Originally Posted by halla View Post
    This thread makes me sad and nostalgic. Marvel had one of the greatest couples of all time, and somehow managed to ruin it. I think that Rogue & Gambit could be great again, but that it would require rebuilding both characters and the amazing dynamic between them. They both haven't been sexy and flirty and FUN for a very long time, thanks to a certain Mr Carey who turned Rogue into Cyclops and Gambit into some sort of love-sick loser.

That said, I will confess that I had a moment of "aww" in the recent X-Men Legacy when they hugged. It was like things were right again in the X-Men Universe for one brief second. Part of me - a big part of me - will totally always be a Romy fan. I'll post scans later, and wallow in glorious nostalgia. :)
    Yeah, nostalgia. I miss my friends and how excited pics like these made them But, yes, nostalgia for how Rogue especially was written in character. Gambit also being confident and flirty etc

BTW, I haven't been posting fanart. There's just so much from the comics themselves, I thought I would post those. But, if any Romy fan wants to add art, then feel free.
    Also, since this is a Romy memorial thread, I'm only posting pics of Rogue not Legacy. When they replaced Rogue with Legacy is the cut off point for the pics posted since that's a different character.

Glad you guys are enjoying.
    Last edited by Gemmy; 04-08-2012 at 07:14 AM.

They were so amazing in X-men legacy.... Than it just went all down hill after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Askia32 View Post
    They were so amazing in X-men legacy.... Than it just went all down hill after that.
    X-Men Legacy? Or X-Treme X-Men?

I remember back in 2000, Marvel suddenly decided no more Romy and some blogsters were boohooing. There was a Geocities webmistress of a Romy site who wailed about it. And then we got Xtreme XMen with tons of RR.

Another lookback: XM #30 the Jean/Scott wedding issue where I hadn't realized that Remy looked AMAZING when he lit up that card and tore the men away from the thrown garter and caught it. It also didn't hit me that he could've tried to put it on Rogue's leg ? (we hadn't seen it) And that Strongman or someone called her Mississippi Marauder? Dang, details I missed over the yrs?

They were all for RR then, with those hints of the Next Xcouple to wed, and that big 1994 Marvel survey about whether RR should marry or not.

This thread: nostalgia-fetish or obsessive fanwank?