Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

I love the art of Clay Man, look at the detail of the second image lol.

Clay does a lot of Gambit/Rogue/Magneto stuff doesn't he?

Must be a fan of the trio...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Clay does a lot of Gambit/Rogue/Magneto stuff doesn't he?

Must be a fan of the trio...
    He's done way more Magneto stuff honestly, and seems to like to have Rogue drapping off of him. I'd never gotten the impression he cared about Gambit much at all but he does nice work so its good to see him on the Gambit book and maybe I was mistaken.

The one thing I can say about Gambit and Rogue art that I always love and seems to reflect how equal the two are, is I can't hardly recall ones where Rogue is drapped over Gambit. They may be holding each other but its never like Rogue is the girl friday there to support her powerful man.
    Last edited by Moonshine; 04-16-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Clay Mann could walk into any series (Marvel or DC) ...I don't think he'd agree to illustrate a Gambit series if cared little about the character...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    He's done way more Magneto stuff honestly, and seems to like to have Rogue drapping off of him. I'd never gotten the impression he cared about Gambit much at all but he does nice work so its good to see him on the Gambit book and maybe I was mistaken.

The one thing I can say about Gambit and Rogue art that I always love and seems to reflect how equal the two are, is I can't hardly recall ones where Rogue is drapped over Gambit. They may be holding each other but its never like Rogue is the girl friday there to support her powerful man.
    Agreed with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Clay Mann could walk into any series (Marvel or DC) ...I don't think he'd agree to illustrate a Gambit series if cared little about the character...

Maybe he won't turn down good work and good pay.

Anyway, be back later with more pics for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy View Post
    Agreed with this.

Maybe he won't turn down good work and good pay.

Anyway, be back later with more pics for you guys.
    Please do, those are awesome.

You people are too analytical. Clay Mann likes Gambit...

http://marvel.com/news/story/18542/c2e2_2012_gambit

“Gambit has always been a favorite of mine,” says Mann. “When I first got into comics, Jim Lee was drawing he X-Men and Gambit was so cool to me. It’s funny, the first two things that come to my mind are my Dad taking me to Pizza Hut when they had an X-Men promotion going and saving he placemats Gambit was on drawn by Joe Madureira, and the other is how cool he was in X-Men Vs. Street Fighter. I’ve been a fan of Gambit for some time.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy View Post
    You're welcome.

I still have yet to post the 'Rogue wanting to settle down with Gambit' ones. I guess I'll wait till halla posts his/hers.

In the meantime, I'll post some more for you.
    I'm so embarrassed to say this, but I have zero recollection of those issues. If you could give me a clue where to start looking, I can see if I can find them.

I only remember this weird-ass short story that Marvel published where Rogue has a dream about being married to Gambit, and then gets bored by suburban life. It was part of a collection.

And I'm a she. :)

And I'm a she. :)[/QUOTE]
    And a smart one at that! ROMY FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by halla View Post
    I'm so embarrassed to say this, but I have zero recollection of those issues. If you could give me a clue where to start looking, I can see if I can find them.

I only remember this weird-ass short story that Marvel published where Rogue has a dream about being married to Gambit, and then gets bored by suburban life. It was part of a collection.

And I'm a she. :)
    UXM #359 and 'Rogue #4'

Okay, won't call you a 'him' anymore...lol

i was tickled by folks saying Mann disliked Gambit, and then we get news he'll do the new series

I had this anthology once. It was like Mad X-Men .

Anna talks about family in Cable #20. I can post that scan in the coming days. Remy talks about it in his first limited series where he explains to her? about wanting to settle down.

I'm absolutely okay with Remy being alone or w/someone else in his series. It wasn't like in the final issue of his first ongoing (where Lobdell took over the final) and we saw him with that round rotund chick and he was still with Rogue (or still connected to her where Claremont had to scrap up Rogue/Colossus). In fact, haters want Rogue to show up as a cameo to see him in bed with another. I'm surprised that they would even want that as that would still evoke reaction for a Romy interaction. Opposite of love is apathy not anger.
    Last edited by gambit78; 04-16-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit78 View Post
    i was tickled by folks saying Mann disliked Gambit, and then we get news he'll do the new series
    I never said he disliked him, I just said I never got the impression he cared that much for him and admited I could be wrong. However, a job is a job afterall.

The only writer that stated he hated Gambit (and also Rogue) was the dude during the cabbage patch kids X-run. Where the X folks had pudgy faces and I was thrilled he had "given" Gambit/Rogue to XXM to Claremont. Some British bald guy?

Living is easy with eyes red eyes's Avatar

The only writer that stated he hated Gambit (and also Rogue) was the dude during the cabbage patch kids X-run. Where the X folks had pudgy faces and I was thrilled he had "given" Gambit/Rogue to XXM to Claremont. Some British bald guy?
    Grant Morrison?

I literally just read what he intended to do. He wanted to kill of Rogue and replace her with another character. Gambit greif stricken would leave the X-Men, a while later Logan later goes in search for Gambit who then brings him back to the X-Men (i think).

So yeah sounds like he disliked Rogue.

The guy who outright hated him and refused to write him at all was Millar on the new Ultimate line. He was always talking about make Ultimate Gambit show up as a dead body in the early stories.