Page 97 of 668 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 10008
  1. #1441
    Honeru! Miburohunter929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Betwixt and Between
    Posts
    17,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    One major difference is that the Alaphim characters can break the 100 stat limit with boosting.

    Worse is that in team fights, multiple members can boost the entire team or weaken all their opponents.
    They also have Power/Durability in one stat, making it easier to reach the max.

    And yeah, I almost forgot about all the mass boosts/weakens.

    And that's like..Without even getting into powersets, lol.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

  2. #1442
    Elder Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    They also have Power/Durability in one stat, making it easier to reach the max.

    And yeah, I almost forgot about all the mass boosts/weakens.

    And that's like..Without even getting into powersets, lol.
    Think about it though, a bunch of those zombies we killed had stats comparable to an unboosted James, and the Alaphim slaughtered them pretty easily.

  3. #1443
    Honeru! Miburohunter929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Betwixt and Between
    Posts
    17,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Think about it though, a bunch of those zombies we killed had stats comparable to an unboosted James, and the Alaphim slaughtered them pretty easily.
    Can't say I'm shocked.

    I was pretty sure the Alaphim was by far the most hax cast sometime ago...Now it's just a matter of recalling powersets. XD
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

  4. #1444
    Señor Jykxopykle Daiyoukai Ramza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    3,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    Can't say I'm shocked.

    I was pretty sure the Alaphim was by far the most hax cast sometime ago...Now it's just a matter of recalling powersets. XD
    Gil repulses them.

    You know this to be true.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

    Admiration is the furthest thing from understanding.

    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.


    Won the internet twice (and destroyed it once). 1 2

  5. #1445
    Honeru! Miburohunter929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Betwixt and Between
    Posts
    17,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daiyoukai Ramza View Post
    Gil repulses them.

    You know this to be true.
    He repulses their very powers from their bodies.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

  6. #1446
    The good kind of evil Rhyvurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Admittedly, this is mostly for abilities, while you're probably not talking about these skills, but it leads me to wonder what specific skills he learned from the government that couldn't be picked up elsewhere.
    That depends on what kind of software engineer he is.
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 04-10-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

  7. #1447
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    He repulses their very powers from their bodies.
    And then seals them in Revya's briefcase.

    Good luck getting them back.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  8. #1448
    Honeru! Miburohunter929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Betwixt and Between
    Posts
    17,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    And then seals them in Revya's briefcase.

    Good luck getting them back.
    Gil and Revya clearly become Power Brokers on the black market.

    They catch the powers and sell them for like, a billion percent profit.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

  9. #1449
    Elder Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,390

    Default

    From a personal standpoint, I think I preferred playing Jack to James.

    Don't get me wrong, James was fun, but he was pretty much a static character. He started out as a good natured hick who loved a good fight and never gave up, and he ended as a good natured hick who loved a good fight and never gave up. The only real difference is that he may have been a bit quicker to violence in the end than the beginning.

    Jack's a lot more fun to play because his character is a bit more complex, driven as much through his own inner darkness as he is through virtue....actually much more often by his darkness than his virtues.

    I'm actually kind of sad that Codex is ending so soon. I'd love to revisit the character at a later date, but I got to figure out how to wrap up his story at a later date.

  10. #1450
    Master of Dickery Chrosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Far Side
    Posts
    13,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    One major difference is that the Alaphim characters can break the 100 stat limit with boosting.

    Worse is that in team fights, multiple members can boost the entire team or weaken all their opponents.
    Don't forget the huge amount of mental attacks the Alaphim have too.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

    So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.


    I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

    Reached Demon-God Status

    My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

  11. #1451
    Honeru! Miburohunter929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Betwixt and Between
    Posts
    17,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    From a personal standpoint, I think I preferred playing Jack to James.

    Don't get me wrong, James was fun, but he was pretty much a static character. He started out as a good natured hick who loved a good fight and never gave up, and he ended as a good natured hick who loved a good fight and never gave up. The only real difference is that he may have been a bit quicker to violence in the end than the beginning.

    Jack's a lot more fun to play because his character is a bit more complex, driven as much through his own inner darkness as he is through virtue....actually much more often by his darkness than his virtues.

    I'm actually kind of sad that Codex is ending so soon. I'd love to revisit the character at a later date, but I got to figure out how to wrap up his story at a later date.
    I'll be honest.

    I prefered SHR2 to Codex, and it was not even close.

    Not even slightly.

    Codex was more or less a miss for me personally. Admittedly, I never got into it to begin with--I almost did not join if not for Ramza and Yun--and I wasn't even sold on the premise.

    Not that the premise was bad--my cohorts loved it, for example-- but it wasn't my thing. Still, I did manage to make things work with that, I suppose. I like Nephtys and such.

    But....Drake is a much less interesting character than Gil to me. I like him, but honestly, my work in Codex is not anything I'd go out of my way to show anyone, and would...It's probably my worst work RPG wise.

    Partially because I'm retired (Mostly) and unmotivated, and half assed a lot of Drakes stuff, and partially because I just never really felt Codex.

    A maybe because he was an adaptation of a PC from the Guild with a much more complex story.

    ...And Drake never really got a chance to explore what I was hoping to do with him, given we were always rushing from one place to another.

    I like Drake, but I wouldn't classify my work with him as a success for several reasons.

    ..That said, I do think he's still awesome.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

  12. #1452
    Master of Dickery Chrosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Far Side
    Posts
    13,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    I'll be honest.

    I prefered SHR2 to Codex, and it was not even close.

    Not even slightly.

    Codex was more or less a miss for me personally. Admittedly, I never got into it to begin with--I almost did not join if not for Ramza and Yun--and I wasn't even sold on the premise.

    Not that the premise was bad--my cohorts loved it, for example-- but it wasn't my thing. Still, I did manage to make things work with that, I suppose. I like Nephtys and such.

    But....Drake is a much less interesting character than Gil to me. I like him, but honestly, my work in Codex is not anything I'd go out of my way to show anyone, and would...It's probably my worst work RPG wise.

    Partially because I'm retired (Mostly) and unmotivated, and half assed a lot of Drakes stuff, and partially because I just never really felt Codex.

    A maybe because he was an adaptation of a PC from the Guild with a much more complex story.

    ...And Drake never really got a chance to explore what I was hoping to do with him, given we were always rushing from one place to another.

    I like Drake, but I wouldn't classify my work with him as a success for several reasons.

    ..That said, I do think he's still awesome.
    Miburo you think everything you do is awesome.

    You think your own farts are awesome.

    They are not.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

    So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.


    I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

    Reached Demon-God Status

    My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

  13. #1453
    Honeru! Miburohunter929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Betwixt and Between
    Posts
    17,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Miburo you think everything you do is awesome.

    You think your own farts are awesome.

    They are not.
    You know that one restaurant you go to?

    The one that makes that meal you love, and how the aroma is delicious?

    I work there.

    In the kitchen.

    I do not prepare the food, I do not assist the cook, I do not clean the dishes.

    I have one job---and only one job.

    To make the food smell even better.

    I will not say how I do it; I will just say it's a natural talent, and that if your consumption of your meals are any indication, your post cannot be taken seriously.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

  14. #1454
    Junkyard Willie's Son Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    One inch off the gutter
    Posts
    17,397

    Default

    I kind of wanted to do something along the lines of Marcus once again for SHR 3, but the character outline wouldn't allow it. I guess having a character armed with state of the art military tech and still having a good portion of his sanity running around with crazy characters was fun to me. Even though I like Norma...I think doing Marcus mite end up being much more fun.
    Have beer, will drink!

  15. #1455
    Master of Dickery Chrosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Far Side
    Posts
    13,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    You know that one restaurant you go to?

    The one that makes that meal you love, and how the aroma is delicious?

    I work there.

    In the kitchen.

    I do not prepare the food, I do not assist the cook, I do not clean the dishes.

    I have one job---and only one job.

    To make the food smell even better.

    I will not say how I do it; I will just say it's a natural talent, and that if your consumption of your meals are any indication, your post cannot be taken seriously.
    The jokes on you!

    I don't go to restaurants!

    Though I'm glad you'd travel all across the country just to try to improve my food.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

    So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.


    I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

    Reached Demon-God Status

    My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •