Default Just Read the First Volume of the Justice League Archives

Man I must say these silver-age stories are excellent. The wacky sci-fi concepts and drug influenced artwork is incredible to me. If Geoff Johns is such a silver age revivalist maybe he should revive guys like Xotar and Snapper Carr for his future stories.

All in all, a great book.

Many readers tend to forget about the silver age DC stories. I always thought Gardner Foxes original JL run was the best we had for the team.

I strongly recommend getting the rest of the archives, especially if you enjoyed this one.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

I'm really of two minds when it comes to the early Justice League stuff, and a lot of the silver age stories in general. One the one hand, there are some really fun stories, and compared to today's 6-8 issue arcs, the ammount of story we get in one issue feels huge. On the other hand, so many of the stories blend together and feel repetative. Some alien, robot, scientist traps the leaguers usually in teams of two, until one of them figures out a way to trick the vilian. Again, good stories, but I usually find I can only read two or three issues at a time.

ACTION! DANGER! ROMANCE! Paul Newell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Many readers tend to forget about the silver age DC stories. I always thought Gardner Foxes original JL run was the best we had for the team.
    I don't know. I have a soft spot for the issues between #125 & #200. Satellite League at its finest. :)

Had these reccomended to me by a few friends, definitely going to pick them up sometime soon