The whole Phoenix shard thing is annoying bullshit tbh. I feel like i need a spreadsheet when it comes to that fucking bird.
It's not as hard to follow as people like to claim.
Latest word on Phoenix before AvX completely fudges everything I'm about say, especially regarding Jean Grey's involvement:
1. Jean Grey was Phoenix.
2. Crackhead Magneto gave her brain a stroke which shattered her and her self/familiar the Phoebnx into a billion pieces.
3. Dumbass bird people try to put the Phoenix together again to overkill it. It drags the redhead out of her grave.
4. Jean separates from the Phoenix while it fucks Emma and Scott..until she gets bored and reveals that she owns the Phoenix because she and it are one thing.
5. Jean almost goes Dark Phoenix due to the psychic bird's confusion.
6. The X-Men bring Jean back under control.
7. Jean goes away with the Phoenix to collect the other billion pieces of herself.
8. Stray pieces are found in Rachel, The Cuckoos, and a bird-guy's knife.
9. The pieces run away randomly.
10. Random uber-baby is born with every mutant power and the Phoenix Force...randomly.
11. Lots of people get killed over the uber-baby.
12. Phoenix pieces are coming to earth for uber-now-teenager. More fighting over uber-now-teenager.
Not all that complicated. Just lots of history.
Sorry Brevoort, Alonso and Lowe, but Jean Grey is a classic character. She'll outlive you regardless. :)
The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!
It's more complicated when you don't use the character's actual names.
Hey guys, are you proud of me? I managed to refrain from creating a thread Should Jean Grey's perineum be smashed in
You know Bronze Badger wouldn't have managed.