Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

At the time I hated Rucka Woman. Now I would give a fortune to have it back. I just needed perspective I guess...

His run still exists. Go read.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Mostly for exactly the same reason Azzarello is hated: trying new stuff, disrespecting Marston, disprespecing saint Lynda Carter's legacy etcetera etcetera etcetare. An also swords, axes, using the lasso as a weapon, portraying the Amazons wrongly, portraying the gods wrongly...

A lot of these angry anti-Azz posts, I swear they're copy/pasted from when Rucka was on the book.
    Yeah I think this run is kind of like an even more liberal version of Rucka's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    Rucka's first issue was universally applauded. Almost immediately, his run became bogged down. The main objection was that there was no action in them. He began his run with issue #195. That image that is always being posted of Diana chopping off Medousa's head doesn't occur until issue #211. During the 15 issues up to #211, there is very little action. Diana talks a lot. She threatens to use her magic lasso, but doesn't. She threatens to keep the Flash from saving a forest from a forest fire, but nothing happens. She never uses her superstrength or super speed. At one point she talks to a bird. We get lots of hints that she is bi. Io mopes around a lot. Veronica Cale takes up lots of screen time.

Once Diana blinded herself, suddenly it was as if Rucka remembered he was writing a superhero book and Diana starts doing more blind than she ever did with sight.

But the initial 15 issues (that's over a year) were a slog. If you go back and read them in hardcover, it isn't so evident. But at the time it was very frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Mostly for exactly the same reason Azzarello is hated: trying new stuff, disrespecting Marston, disprespecing saint Lynda Carter's legacy etcetera etcetera etcetare. An also swords, axes, using the lasso as a weapon, portraying the Amazons wrongly, portraying the gods wrongly...

A lot of these angry anti-Azz posts, I swear they're copy/pasted from when Rucka was on the book.
    People didnt like Rucka's run at the time? I didnt know that.

Looking back, it was indeed a slow burner but because i read the collected run, i didnt have to wait a month for each issue. Yeah that must have been excrutiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
    At the time I hated Rucka Woman. Now I would give a fortune to have it back. I just needed perspective I guess...
    5 years from now, you can be saying the same thing about Azz run.

Especially if Liefeld takes on board.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.