Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    lol that would be hilarious. I would actually prefer to see a big sister little brother type of relationship as I mentioned earlier. Thats the one thing this book is missing and it drives me crazy. No awesome character interactions, we don't even get the sense the JL are friends except for Hal and Barry. All we get is Green Lantern messing with Batman.
    I kind of prefer that they're not friends yet, with the exception of Hal and Barry. To me, it's much more interesting to watch them grow towards friendship.

yeah I think we know why Lois gets mad at Wonder Woman

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hN7X5gUkta...008_08_060.jpg
    LOL. That comic never stops being funny.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSuper View Post
    I kind of prefer that they're not friends yet, with the exception of Hal and Barry. To me, it's much more interesting to watch them grow towards friendship.
    See I'd agree with you if there wasn't a 5 year time skip. They've been working together for five years. But it seems like its only been 5 weeks

I know it doesn't feel like, and personally in my mind I simply can't acknowledge certain events DC says were still canon happened. Identity Crisis and Final Crisis and a few other events, I just tell myself they never happened.

See I'd agree with you if there wasn't a 5 year time skip. They've been working together for five years. But it seems like its only been 5 weeks

I know it doesn't feel like, and personally in my mind I simply can't acknowledge certain events DC says were still canon happened. Identity Crisis and Final Crisis and a few other events, I just tell myself they never happened.
    Actually, DC has said the Crisis events didn't happen. Some people think Didio backpedaled on this, but he actually didn't (if one reads the Twitter message). There have been events we haven't seen yet and some we have (Sinestro Corps War), but none of the Crisis events are canon.

Actually, DC has said the Crisis events didn't happen. Some people think Didio backpedaled on this, but he actually didn't (if one reads the Twitter message). There have been events we haven't seen yet and some we have (Sinestro Corps War), but none of the Crisis events are canon.
    oh really? well thats comforting. Did any events happen? What about Brightest Day and Blackest Night.

And didn't Final Crisis have to happen in order for Dick to have been Batman for a year

You want DC continuity to make sese? You ask too much, sir. ;)
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

oh really? well thats comforting. Did any events happen? What about Brightest Day and Blackest Night.

And didn't Final Crisis have to happen in order for Dick to have been Batman for a year
    Some of the GL events happened, but with changes. We're not sure if Hal still died or became Parallax, or whether Kyle was ever the only Lantern at one point (his recent flashback seems to imply he was more like John and Guy--another Earth GL, not THE GL) or even whether the Anti-Monitor still exists. But we do know Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night happened, albeit differently. But ALL the major Crisis (as in stories with that word in the title) events are gone.

Luckily, most GL events were self-contained so most can stay intact.

My OWN view is that Hal never died and Kyle was recruited DURING the Sinestro Corps War. Parallax probably joined with Sinestro instead of Jordan for the war and might have only possessed Hal during Blackest Night. I don't think Coast City was ever destroyed either.

We also know Superman died, but haven't been told HOW. It might not involve Doomsday at all. Or Doomsday might exist but be different. I'm sure Morrison will eventually address that in Action.

Batman is a little bit trickier without FC.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Whatever the case, I'm hoping we don't get some Twilight-esque love triangle between Diana, Bruce, and Kal. That would only cause people to rage-quit the title.

Then again, why are we assuming Diana is monogamous? Maybe she likes casual sex with different people or she could just not be attracted to her teammates or any other number of explanations.
    Oh Good Lord.

Might as well just dress her with pulple band aids over her nipples and have done...

Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Oh Good Lord.

Might as well just dress her with pulple band aids over her nipples and have done...

ugh I really don't like that book at all. So much wasted potentially.

Seven issues in and there's been almost zero character development - period.

I don't know, from what I've heard the Outlaws has increased in quality greatly since that controversial first issue. From what I can tell people are digging this new Kori now as she's being developed instead of just eye-candy.

But yeah, I have a feeling they're completely done with Bruce as a love interest for Diana. I think that was just one of many things that died with the reboot. To this day, I still feel it was something only approved by editorial to tease since Superman was off the table for so many years. If there's going to be any sort of triangle in the league it'd be Diana/Kal/Steve, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-13-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Oh Good Lord.

Nice straw, man. I'd appreciate you not imply I'm advocating something I'm not. Read what I said again: "Then again, why are we assuming Diana is monogamous? Maybe she likes casual sex with different people or she could just not be attracted to her teammates or any other number of explanations." What the hell is so controversial about that? Did I even once say anything about how she should dress or that she should be used for eye-candy? No, but you immediately went there because you assume that all female sexuality has to be portrayed as eye-candy or it can't be portrayed at all. I don't buy into those extremes, it's all about how the sexuality is portrayed.

Also, you really shouldn't slut-shame, as it's highly offensive. There's NOTHING wrong with women having sex with who they want.
    Last edited by NotSuper; 04-13-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Frankly, the idea that someone is bad or acting wrong because they don't believe in monogamy is laughable. The only reason anyone would object to people having sex with whoever they want is due to inner insecurity. Otherwise it just wouldn't bother them and they'd focus on what THEY want instead of dictating to other people what they should want. The world would be a much better place if people didn't worry about the sexual behavior of consenting adults.

NotSuper you are being too modest. You are Super after all!

Nice posts bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    NotSuper you are being too modest. You are Super after all!

Nice posts bro!
    Heh, thanks man.

I always like to dispel the notion that portraying diverse female sexuality (straight, lesbian, bi, monogamous, non-monogamous, ect) means you support female characters being used exclusively for the male gaze.