Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Mar 30, 2012

Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso digs into "Avengers Vs. X-Men" #0, explaining how Brian Bendis and Jason Aaron explored the pasts and futures of Scarlet Witch and Hope Summers with an exclusive first look at "AVX VS" #1.

Full article here.

BANNED

Gabriele dell otto is drawing avenging spider-man! Gabriele dell otto is drawing avenging spider-man!
    Gabriele dell otto is drawing avenging spider-man! Gabriele dell otto is drawing avenging spider-man!
    Mother of god thank you!
    that said while i will buy everything/anything that man draws i hope spideys not just teaming up with kar zar for the issue (it looks to be in the Savage land, need someone cooler, more badass for gabe to draw! OH OH OH mabye Kraven will be in it!
    Last edited by Movieartman; 03-30-2012 at 04:16 PM.

BANNED

Terry D has Made me like Carol's new outfit thank you sir, now only if they had him or frank cho drawing the coming book and got rid of the Mask id be happy as i could get (why are her gloved fingers webbed)
    Last edited by Movieartman; 03-30-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Avenging Spider-man has been racking up a fantastic artist line-up. The extra details on Carol's new suit don't look so bad by Dodson. Also, those Del'Otto pages? Fantastic. Love seeing Spidey using a raptor as a weapon.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

BANNED

First off sooooo very very sick of hearing about AvX now. I get it's out this week but it doesn't change that fact.

Anyhow just talking about AvX #0 doesn't make it any more interesting or relevant. It was a weak anthology style title. I get it's there to bring people up to speed on the main characters but lets not pretend it's anything more than a glorified recap.

Plus the Bendis half was painful to read due to him not getting the characters as per usual.

Well Avenging Spider-man has turned into a bit of a mess and oddly very representative of Marvel right now. That being said Yost taking over isn't bad news by any means as long as they don't have Land drawing again. Not that I would buy it at $3.99 (despite what Marvel like to pretend) but it will certainly make for a tpb buy for the 12 or so issues more it will last. Because you know all the filler material will kill any momentum this book had.

Alonso: Simple and plain, X-Men titles that feature teen or obscure X-Men are a hard sell, Spider X. What draws readers to X-Men titles is the iconic characters they know and love. Our best strategy to keep "b-tier" X-Men characters vital is to have them bump shoulders with the Wolverines and Cyclopses of the X-Men Universe. Like Warpath, for instance, who is gong to appear in "AvX." As for Jubilee...? You’re going to have to wait a little while longer, Taurean.

That pretty much sums up everything that's wrong with the X-books for me. X-Factor for me is the best X-book out there and maybe there is truth in the sales aspect of what he says but just shoving Wolverine and Cyclops in every book is not a solution and more than anything sums up how limited Alosnso is.

BANNED

HA! She hulk and spider-man are taking down the frog/fish alien that was bitch slapping Will smith around china in the Men in Black 3 Trailer. See this Proves i Am God!, i said to the universe give me more Stuart Immonen Art and now it has granted my Wish!
    Last edited by Movieartman; 03-30-2012 at 04:12 PM.

BANNED

Welp, Carol and Spider-Man team up is another Avenging Spider-Man to look forward to.

BANNED

That is some amazing artwork in Avenging Spider-Man. I'm sad to see Wells go, but Yost will be fine, and I like that he's still doing the Spidey/Elektra thing with Joe Mad. This is all great news to me!

Noticed upcoming Avenging Spidey issues featured different creative teams and Zeb Wells nowhere in sight.

Sad to see Wells not the regular writer anymore but Chris Yost writing 2 Spidey Office ongoing titles? AWESOME!

Also happy to see his storyline with Joe Mad still happening.

Av vs xmen just looks to be awesome in so many levels.
    The duality of the roles of hope and scarlet witch will is interesting in the issue 0.
    Avenging spider man besides being a fun title have been visualy speaking a great title.double win!
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Avenging Spider-man has been racking up a fantastic artist line-up.
    Minus Greg Land of Course

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post

Well Avenging Spider-man has turned into a bit of a mess and oddly very representative of Marvel right now. That being said Yost taking over isn't bad news by any means as long as they don't have Land drawing again. Not that I would buy it at $3.99 (despite what Marvel like to pretend) but it will certainly make for a tpb buy for the 12 or so issues more it will last. Because you know all the filler material will kill any momentum this book had.
    Well I wouldn't say that it's a mess. The book is behaving as advertised - Spidey teaming up with the broader Marvel Universe. If Marvel can keep cycling in their name artists and fan favorites, the book could keep going for a while.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

So Is Avenging Spider-man just Marvel Team-up? LOL, I love how they said Joe Mad was gonna be the artist and then actually he is never going to be on it again lol. Whatever I'm not paying 4 bucks for 20 pages anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BizzleTheBear View Post
    So Is Avenging Spider-man just Marvel Team-up? LOL, I love how they said Joe Mad was gonna be the artist and then actually he is never going to be on it again lol. Whatever I'm not paying 4 bucks for 20 pages anyway.
    They stressed it was a Spider-Man teamup since, day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Welp, Carol and Spider-Man team up is another Avenging Spider-Man to look forward to.
    Do you buy AMAZING SPIDER-MAN?