Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lowe/Piece/Understatement Artycool8or's Avatar

This time we are going to examine, if the grass is greener on the other side of the music fence?
    The Plumber Boys phenomena.
    You know those well dressed and groomed, Boys from the Blockstreets, who's singing talent was only evident while they were stationed in the sink, relentlessly popping up everywhere in mid- '90, like mushrooms after the rain. Yeah, those Boys. You were probably wondering where the heck were they coming from? What was their pedigree? Who are these boys, not affraid to expose to the world their feminen side?
    Well... let's see.
    It was much earlier than that, when I overheard a conversation amongst few guys during the recess; how there is a new music movie playing in theaters near us, with a bunch of Village Characters put together. Immediately, I thought: That must be great! I, even imagined; a Redneck, a Hillbilly, a Karl Marx look-alike rowdy pesant with a strong foreign accent, a Local Yokel straight from the Ingmar Bergman movie who mostly hum's and ocasionally puffs, a flamboyant Amish Mennonite, and of course the unmissable Village Idiot, on their rise to stardom. Boy, was I wrong. Throughout the whole presentation I couln't think of anything else but HOW TO STOP THE MUSIC. And it was keep playing and these Characters were keep dancing, and singing like someone was seriously squizing their testicles in harmony. I'm telling you it was once in the lifetime experience. Yet, they managed to influence the Y Generation imensly. Y? Why? Oh, Y? Apparently it was all for the Milk Shake. With todays technology, one would asume they should be able to just stop the Music, and digitaly remove all those Characters that bare no resemblence to my visualization of the Farm Folks, and leave the rest of the personage intact to do the shaking. However, this hasn't been done, yet. Until then, you'll have to do that, with your mind's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Artycool8or View Post
    You mean this one:Attachment 90949
    Sure, why not?
    It is after all what inspired the title of this thread. I have the CD collecting dust on the shelve, for few decades now.
    Nothing has ever made me feel as old as seeing the words 'CD' and 'decades' in the same sentence.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Nothing has ever made me feel as old as seeing the words 'CD' and 'decades' in the same sentence.
    but... I put the word "dust" in between the 2 offending phrases, just to make the fact more digestible.

Heavy Metal music; if done right can convert all sorts of musicians into their tribe.
    Sometimes even Rappers.
    The most notable victim to this irresistible style was the notorious White Rapper from the '90's.
    No, not this guy.
    Rather, that dude.
    Once he heard Judas Priest, he was hooked for life. Simply, couldn't resist his persistence until his dream to lead that prominent band of NWOBHM came through.
    All he got to do was scream and shout.
    Little did he know that, there is always someone else who can scream and shout just a bit longer and louder.

So, he chickened out.
    Yeah, Yeah. Everything is possible in the movies.
    But you and I (the True Believers), we know the truth behind their shenanigans. They pulled a Milli Vanilli on us.

There is only one Jeff Scott Soto... and he is the voice behind the curtain.
    Last edited by Artycool8or; 05-18-2012 at 05:28 PM.

BLUES comes in many shape and sizes. Sometimes it doesn't even relate to music, at all. However, when it does, it is a respected genre to majority of the people, yet it's not popular as the above statement might suggest it. Why? Well, your guess is good as mine, but let me bring up few examples from my experience.
    Seen it many times when two or more passionate music lovers (each to it's own music style) engages in a heated argument over non-existing issues trying to inflate the importance of his taste above his rivals, often in a prolonged discussion. When they realise the argument is not going to end in favour to any of them, someone is bound to bring up Blues as a No-Man's Land, or a White Flag - if you will, and things start to calm down. Then they all agree how Blues is "something different". The next stage is the most ridiculous of the whole conversation, and believe me when I tell you, I heard people say things like; Britney Spears has some great Blues songs, or Alice In Chains can Blues like no one does. Yep, they wrapped their previous point of view in Blues, and they're selling it like hot cakes.
    True story.
    One of my friends came up to me and asked me if I can recommend to him a great Blues CD. He played Guitar, so I suggested Robert Johnson.
    Few weeks past, and he said nothing. Strange as it was, I asked him if he bought the CD, which he confirmed, but also confessed his disappointment in it. It sounded "old". Well, I wasn't going to give up that easy, so I asked him to name few examples he likes.
    Mostly this, but also that was a great Blues influence.
    I decided to play a prank on him. Acted surprised that he din't like my recommendation, because it was up to his ally, I mean how can you like "those" songs and not like Eric Johnson.
    "Eric"- I thought you said Robert, he was surprised?
    There you go. You didn't hear me right.
    Check out THE song, and let me know what you think.
    Next time we met he was all vocal how even his wife liked the CD, and that was The Real Deal.
    Don't be surprised. Tell me honestly, which song comes first to your mind when you think about the Blues Brothers movie? For most people it's this one:

As for me, I associate Blues Brothers with "this" song. Go figure.
    Last edited by Artycool8or; 06-01-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Jail is a confined place to keep the bad people separate from the good ones. However, some will argue it only contains people who were caught doing bad things, keeping them apart from those who are more cunning in their criminal activities. Either way, there are rules to be followed in freedom as they are in prison.
    The only difference is:there is lot more rules and laws in freedom. You follow and oblige to them, and you'll be fine. Break them, and there will be consequences.
    For the rules obligated to you, check with your local law enforcement agency, but know this; if you break them you'll end up in Jail.

Now let's look at the rules in a Male prison:
    1. Don't piss off the Warden.
    2. Don't drop your soap in the shower. (or at least don't bend over to pick it up)
    3. Don't piss off the Warden.
    Other than that, do what you will. Lot's of people live in misconception that prisoners lift weights, read books, watch TV, shoot hoops, and what not.
    All that can't be further from the truth. What they do is this.
    ...And what's their punishment for misbehaviour? - NO SINGING!

On the other hand, the rules in the Female version of the same are:
    1. Don't piss of the D.J.
    2. On your first day find the biggest, baddest FaFo, and beat the sh*t out of her. That will establish you as an Alpha.
    3. Don't piss off the D.J.
    Other than that, enjoy your stay. Lot's of people think it's nice in women's prison, but little do they know it's like this.
    ... And the punishment for ruckus? - NO MICROPHONES WILL BE LENT OUT OVERNIGHT!

I know you are probably thinking; How come I never heard of this?
    Because..., it's a secret shielded from the public to make it easier to apprehend an escaped felon
    All you got to do is organize a singing contest, and voilą.
    They can't resist the opportunity to sing, and will most certainly sign up.
    Beware though, they will disguise themselves with fake ZZ Top beards, so it's impossible to recognize them. But... they will respond to an encore.
    THEY ALWAYS RESPOND TO AN ENCORE!

... And that's how you catch them.

Top 5 reasons people go to BAR's.

#1. Watch the Bar-tender juggle and sing.

#2. Watch the fighting.

#3. Watch The Bar-tenders dance.

#4. To Get Laid.

and last but not least #5. To Get Scared. just over the Barder

Last edited by Artycool8or; 07-06-2012 at 05:43 PM.