Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lowe/Piece/Understatement Artycool8or's Avatar

Default Let The Music Do The Talkin'

They don't make movies like these anymore.
    Hollywood revitalised every possible genre of movies ever produced, however it seems like the days of the Music inspired films are gone forever.
    At best it's a teen musical, but no goosebumps creating moments.
    If you know what I'm talking about; Show 'Em.

I thought we were gonna talk about the song form the Joe Perry Project that Aerosmith eventually redid. :(

one dude looks like John Ratzenberger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I thought we were gonna talk about the song form the Joe Perry Project that Aerosmith eventually redid. :(
    You mean this one:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Joe Perry Project - Let The Music Do The Talking (1980) Front.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	90949
    Sure, why not?
    It is after all what inspired the title of this thread. I have the CD collecting dust on the shelve, for few decades now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Joe Perry Project - Let The Music Do The Talking (1980) Front.jpg  

one dude looks like John Ratzenberger.
    WoW! Where?

I like his last name. Too bad his family never opened one of those fast food Restaurants.
    They could have used this for slogan.
    All In. We have Ratatouille, A Small Fry, Pigs Next Door and Ratzenbergers. CHEERS!
    Last edited by Artycool8or; 04-01-2012 at 09:58 AM.

The next clip can be also seen as one of the greatest film openers, as it depicts everything that Rock 'N' Roll stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Artycool8or View Post
    WoW! Where?

I like his last name. Too bad his family never opened one of those fast food Restaurants.
    They could have used this for slogan.
    Look at the dude 2 behind the one with his mouth open in the screen cap in the first post.

Look at the dude 2 behind the one with his mouth open in the screen cap in the first post.
    Yes, it well might be.
    That dude also looks like Douglas Platt who also looks like Joe Pet (the one in the middle on the left), and just like that the circle is closed.

I'm glad we got to the bottom of this.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Grease has always been a fave of mine, which is kind of odd, because I'm not really into a lot of music from that era.

Last edited by The Black Guardian; 04-02-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Grease has always been a fave of mine,
    I like Grease, too.
    Can you find you favourite musical scene and embed it?

Here is a weird one. It gave me nightmares for a while, so posting it here might be like opening
    a can of worms.

If you think this one did't influence anything: think (Ghost World - 2001 and Heineken Commercial 2011) again.

This next clip from MADE IN HUNGARIA might need an introduction.
    HUNGARIA was possibly the most underrated Rock 'N' Roll band from Europe. Coming from a Communist block didn't help, either. However, they were very influential in their own little world. The movie is about the formation of the Band and it's tribulations during the regime, that had very strict rules about music. Everyone could play, but only those who proved to be educated players could become recording Artists. To that end many bands were put together by the recording companies, that were operated by the government itself. The result was; high quality music. Furthermore, not everyone could write lyrics, either. Some were lacking the skills, while others were Banned to do so,from the fear by the government that they might produce anti-regime songs. Poets became lyricists. The only problem with that was, that they knew how to spin the words to say what had to be said. While all that was true HUNGARIA did not associated themselves with such political manoeuvres. It was a plain, western influenced R'N'R, yet this excerpt makes fun of the system and it's strict rules. At the Bands final practice before they are going to perform in front of many important political figures from Hungary and East Germany (yes, the Berlin Wall still served it's purpose), they are accompanied by girls from the Allied Country, to what extent have a look-see:

NOTE: The song you just saw was actually on MIKI's project after the band broke three-ways, where he continued solo, while:
    (DOLLY ROLL captured the majority of the Band members and played R'N'R/POP influences)
    (Roby the drummer founded a new band R-GO and invented the Csikidam style of music)

Black Roses (1988) by today's standards is a cheesy flick, but it was inspirational to the whole generation of Metalheads.
    The band put together for the purpose of this movie was an early notion to the term; supergroup. The members were: Mark Free (before he chaned his name (among the other things) to Marcie Free, Carmine Appice, Chuck Wright, Mick Sweda & at the time yet unsung guitar hero and shredder Alex Masi.
    The soundtrack CD is worth $$Gazillion Dollars$$ these days, for good reason, if I may add.

Punk Rock took the world by surprise in 1976 and created Anarchy in music performances, where each band member would play his own tune till the end of the song where they all meet for the first time at the brink of the final bar (musical notation not a drinking establishment- and not that they would know the difference). While the piss and vinegar of the band will spite verbal abuses left and right during his stage-training for the rope jumping championship at the church camp. The utterance coming from their mouths were believed to be distant resemblance of singing by those who suffered severe abuse of repeated beating from the hands of their elders, with a stick over the eardrums.
    Band mates who learned to play their instruments by the time their second effort saw the light; survived and adopted to the taste of the X Generation, riding the fame further in New Wave style (or, as it happened often, they were replaced by real musicians)... But the lyrics remained to be poke in the eyes to the society and political issues.
    Don't believe me?; watch BREAKING GLASS