Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
    Which is it now? Armor, a military dress uniform, or a space suit?

Please make up your mind.
    There is no making up my mind, it is a armored space suit with military-like accountrements including that high collar.
    Action Comics, Animal Man, Aquaman, Batman, Batman And Robin, Batwing, The Flash, Superman, Swamp Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Box View Post
    Nah, the classic costume possesses greater substance and better represents the character of Superman. The NuSuperman resembles a Japanese knock-off of Superman.
    Japanese knock off...not seeing it....

You know what does a better job representing the character of Superman than both costumes? Superman himself.
    Currently Reading: The Authority, Bone

Comics Of Days Past - Reading the greats of yesteryear

There is no making up my mind, it is a armored space suit with military-like accountrements including that high collar.
    You could have just said that from the start and saved me some time.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Which is it now? Armor, a military dress uniform, or a space suit?

Please make up your mind.
    Do we think the classic look of the character was part of the reason he wasn't selling or do we think it was he was being mishandled by those in charge of DC.

This seems to escape your grasp. You can't tie the collar specifically to military wear, because high collars have been used for countless situations, many of which not military in nature.

You could have just said that from the start and saved me some time.
    I don't see why you would want to change anyone's mind anyway. We all come in here with a set mindset and our own way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I don't see why you would want to change anyone's mind anyway. We all come in here with a set mindset and our own way of thinking.
    He's not trying to change anyone's mind. Box's arguments are self contradictory, and Jake was telling him to make up his mind about which one to go with.

Do we think the classic look of the character was part of the reason he wasn't selling or do we think it was he was being mishandled for and rebooted for so many years.
    Neither. The stories were crap, and for the most part, they've been crap for decades. The only relevant Superman stories from the last 10 years were set in alternate universes or were "not in continuity". DC treated Superman like an icon instead of a character. Icons are nice to look at, but they aren't dynamic or of the moment, so people stopped being interested in Superman.

The new look of Superman in movies and comics represents DC/Warner Brothers not wanting to be stuck in the past anymore. They want to treat Superman like a living, breathing character instead of a museum piece. I can't say I blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by davidn15 View Post
    He's not trying to change anyone's mind. Box's arguments are self contradictory, and Jake was telling him to make up his mind about which one to go with.
    Maybe he has multiple reasons. I know I do.

Maybe he has multiple reasons. I know I do.
    Ya but the way he presents his argument is self contradicting, and it makes his posts much weaker as a result.

Neither. The stories were crap, and for the most part, they've been crap for decades. The only relevant Superman stories from the last 10 years were set in alternate universes or were "not in continuity". DC treated Superman like an icon instead of a character. Icons are nice to look at, but they aren't dynamic or of the moment, so people stopped being interested in Superman.

The new look of Superman in movies and comics represents DC/Warner Brothers not wanting to be stuck in the past anymore. They want to treat Superman like a living, breathing character instead of a museum piece. I can't say I blame them.
    But has Superman not grown beyond the medium that created him. I would say yes. The character has taken on a life of it own. It's the 2nd most recognizable character world wide only second to Mickey Mouse. It's awful hard to convince me otherwise that comic books are even still actually still a major part of the character at this point. Superman does not need comic books to survive and will survive long after they are gone.

I wasnt being contradictory... body armor ... is just that ... body armor! Most often than not it is used in combat scenarios as ballistic body armor. I mean what other professions wear it?
    Action Comics, Animal Man, Aquaman, Batman, Batman And Robin, Batwing, The Flash, Superman, Swamp Thing

Ya but the way he presents his argument is self contradicting, and it makes his posts much weaker as a result.
    Armor is out of character for Superman, only soldiers and police authorities wear body armor FOR GOOD REASON I might add as they are in constant risk of injury or death. But Superman isnt human.

But has Superman not grown beyond the medium that created him. I would say yes. The character has taken on a life of it own. It's the 2nd most recognizable character world wide only second to Mickey Mouse. It's awful hard to convince me otherwise that comic books are even still actually still a major part of the character at this point. Superman does not need comic books to survive and will survive long after they are gone.
    Then why are you whining so much about what he wears in the comics?

I wasnt being contradictory... body armor ... is just that ... body armor! Most often than not it is used in combat scenarios as ballistic body armor. I mean what other professions wear it?
    First you claim the previous costume better embodied truth, justice and peace. Then you say he chose his costume because it embodies nothing but human prowess and athleticism. Contradictory.