Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ntikrst View Post
    I don't think anyone has much of a problem with it being indestructible again. My only beef is if it's "Super" under a yellow sun and normal under a red sun. I hope it's all just advanced tech/material that's indestructible by design.

The MoS suit has the best collar, Lee's is way too uptight. The seams don't bother me as much as whenever the suit is rendered to reflect light like metallic armor.

Then it looks like some kind of Iron Man shout out.
    The implication in Supergirl and Action Comics seems to be that the cloth is designed to be indestructible. Though they haven't clarified if that's the case.

[QUOTE]Yep, so what if Superman has worn red undies over the course of several decades. Superman is timeless in any age.[\QUOTE]
    In spite of your sarcasm you end up making the case for some tinkering. A timeless character deserves creative minds to be able to use him. His timeless nature shouldn't sentence the character to basically be locked in a museum only to be looked at and not played with.

a nasty piece of work Let's Kill Hitler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ntikrst View Post
    I don't think anyone has much of a problem with it being indestructible again. My only beef is if it's "Super" under a yellow sun and normal under a red sun. I hope it's all just advanced tech/material that's indestructible by design.

The MoS suit has the best collar, Lee's is way too uptight. The seams don't bother me as much as whenever the suit is rendered to reflect light like metallic armor.

Then it looks like some kind of Iron Man shout out.
    I'd definitly agree on the on the metallic look some people have given it doesn't sit well with me. I actually quite like a collar, makes Supes look quite regal which I think suits him, I know I'm in the minority.

The seams wouldn't bother me if there weren't so many of them and it wasn't such an odd pattern. President Superman's costume has more the right idea.

I'm Right, You're Wrong King Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    He would take a punch from Doomsday on the chin? Talk about overpowered.
    Now, appart from when drawn by Jim Lee, the "armor" doesn't look like an armor anyway.
    Honestly, I don't even think Lee draws it to look that much like armor, either. It's always looked like funky alien fabric to me, even before we got confirmation thereof. I never thought it looked particularly armor-like.

Quote Originally Posted by King Krypton View Post
    Honestly, I don't even think Lee draws it to look that much like armor, either. It's always looked like funky alien fabric to me, even before we got confirmation thereof. I never thought it looked particularly armor-like.
    Not really since the very first promotional Justice League image, and a few early panels in JL, had Lee really portrayed the suit armor-like. Not even in his most recent cover for the FCBD issue:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x_f4a6a8c5.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	91714

I'm quite glad they've seemingly backed off on that idea.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Not really since the very first promotional Justice League image, and a few early panels in JL, had Lee really portrayed the suit armor-like. Not even in his most recent cover for the FCBD issue:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x_f4a6a8c5.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	91714

I'm quite glad they've seemingly backed off on that idea.
    Superman looks constipated here as always when Lee draws him. It speaks to me like Superman is thinking "I'm really trying not to soil myself during this picture. I should never have had that burrito."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Superman looks constipated here as always when Lee draws him. It speaks to me like Superman is thinking "I'm really trying not to soil myself during this picture. I should never have had that burrito."
    Lol!

He really does look like that. Especially with his fist all clenched. Batmans like "The f*** is that smell"

That's a great image. At that small res too its hard to see most of the superflous lines, which makes me think those shield outlines on the shoulder, and maybe the two on the chest, are all that's needed to get across that its not "normal" fabric. Lee's "stoic" Superman face reminds me of Swan's, and the pose Fliescher-like.

I know those kinds of comparisons won't be well welcomed in this thread...so to fit in: BLEH LOOKS LIKE 90s

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's a great image. At that small res too its hard to see most of the superflous lines, which makes me think those shield outlines on the shoulder, and maybe the two on the chest, are all that's needed to get across that its not "normal" fabric. Lee's "stoic" Superman face reminds me of Swan's, and the pose Fliescher-like.

I know those kinds of comparisons won't be well welcomed in this thread...so to fit in: BLEH LOOKS LIKE 90s
    Here's a link to a higher res version:

http://geektrooper.files.wordpress.c...bd_edition.jpg

I've always loved Lee's Superman (really, Lee's anything), and I've never really understood the 90's rap he always gets. I don't see it.
    Last edited by JoeP; 04-13-2012 at 09:15 PM.

BANNED

This is how the relaunch costume should have been (from Smallville Season 11)! Shame on you, Jim Lee!

The ideal modern day Superman costume, sans trunks! Yay!

I would have gone for that as well. Sans the Welling face, of course. And I've really grown to like the tinge of red on the cuffs and collar now. They're little accents but every bit of well-placed red helps with the trunks gone.

In fact, something like this I firmly believe is the best people who hate the current suit have to hope for in terms of a more "classic" design returning to main continuity someday. I really think the trunks are dead.

I would have gone for that as well. Sans the Welling face, of course. And I've really grown to like the tinge of red on the cuffs and collar now. They're little accents but every bit of well-placed red helps with the trunks gone.

In fact, something like this I firmly believe is the best people who hate the current suit have to hope for in terms of a more "classic" design returning to main continuity someday. I really think the trunks are dead.
    Never say never Sacred. Enough people speak out against it and bring it to the higher ups at WB then who knows. Stranger things have happen.

In the end I just don't feel that happening. I think only fanboys like us feel strongly one way or another about the whole idea and even amongst fandom dwelling over the trunks has died down. And as far as outside fandom, heck I remember watching Henry Cavill on Conan (or was it Leno? whatever) months ago and they were talking a bit about Superman and already the jokes were starting about how at least Superman's not wearing underwear anymore and whatnot. So I'm not really seeing where any more supporters are going to be coming from.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-14-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    This is how the relaunch costume should have been (from Smallville Season 11)! Shame on you, Jim Lee!

The ideal modern day Superman costume, sans trunks! Yay!
    The suit is ok, Much better then the DCnU one. I do have a problem with Superman being draw so skinny. To me Superman should look like a wall of strength or Barrel Chested. Boring, Swan, Ordway, Jurgens, Bogdanove, McGuinness, Frank. These are the artist I feel capture him the best.

In the end I just don't feel that happening. I think only fanboys like us feel strongly one way or another about the whole idea and even amongst fandom dwelling over the trunks has died down. And as far as outside fandom, heck I remember watching Henry Cavill on Conan months ago and they were talking a bit about Superman and already the jokes were starting about how at least Superman's not wearing underwear anymore and whatnot. So I'm not really seeing where any more supporters are going to be coming from.
    I think once the Movie comes out we will see a backlash.The General Public I think for the most part will not like the way the suit looks. They have a picture of Christopher Reeve as Superman, That includes the suit. I personal hope the film does well but Critics and the public trash the suit. Let me add that there are some things on the suit I do like a lot. I love that they went with a more Golden Age S. It looks amazing and do like that the boots are more modern/ Bryne age Superman. I do not like how dark the suit is as is always the case and the Cape looks like it drags which bothers me but that could only be the pics I have seen. As for the rest I hate it with a passion. And of course no trunks gets my blood boiling. ;)