Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 787
  1. #76

    Default

    It's okay, I guess. Looks a bit more "armory" imo.

  2. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I like how people comment on the underwear, yet ALL of the Justice League have underwear on the outside.
    The only one that still has underwear is Wonder Woman.

    And I don't think that really counts...

  3. #78

    Default

    the original is still the best.

    if they HAD to change his look, I wish they would have gone to someone besides Jim Lee.
    the armor is unnecessary and distracting.

    I mean, change just for change sakes is wrong. this costume is NOT an improvement, in my opinion.
    all this seems to be working as his sales are way up, I will give them that.

    and I am still buying and reading, still enjoy the stories, but I can only hope we go back to the original someday.
    "I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up!"
    The Doctor

  4. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt J. View Post
    I prefer the new suit, collar and all.

    Aesthetically, it just looks better to me, but mainly, I like it because it acknowledges his roots. I love the fact that the cape was passed to him from Jor-El, who got it from his father.

    Superman's a man of two worlds, and he shouldn't have to embrace one at the expense of the other.
    You're talking "in universe" reasoning for the "new suit"... the real world reasoning is that Dildo and Lee wanted to change Superman from wearing the iconic suit to something inferior. "In universe" Kal-El could have gotten his iconic suit in the same way he got the new suit and the cape and crest still could have come through the El lineage. I don't see how Superman HASN'T embraced both worlds over the last 60 years (since the Weisinger era, especially). In the Superman stories I have read, he is a citizen of Earth and loves and embraces his adopted planet while honoring and embracing his Kryptonian heritage.

  5. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avenging son View Post
    the original is still the best.

    if they HAD to change his look, I wish they would have gone to someone besides Jim Lee.
    the armor is unnecessary and distracting.

    I mean, change just for change sakes is wrong. this costume is NOT an improvement, in my opinion.
    all this seems to be working as his sales are way up, I will give them that.

    and I am still buying and reading, still enjoy the stories, but I can only hope we go back to the original someday.
    While working out at the gym last night, I noticed that a lot of people were wearing spandex with seams very similar to the "Kryptonian Battle Armor" Superman and Batman are wearing.

  6. #81

    Default

    At first I didn't really like it, but then I realized it's pretty much just when Jim Lee draws it. Nothing against Lee, his pre-DCnU Superman is one of my favorite depictions of the character. But anyways, now I really like it, especially when Merino, Nicola Scott or Ivan Reis are drawing it.

  7. #82

    Default

    That's the way I feel. There's something about the combination of the dark, gritty coloring, kindof angular style and the George Reeves' style cape attachment that makes the suit off-putting to me.

  8. #83
    Senior Member Robotman4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,515

    Default

    I like the fact that they did away with the red undies. But I absolutely HATE the high collar! It looks so ridiculous.

  9. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    I like the fact that they did away with the red undies. But I absolutely HATE the high collar! It looks so ridiculous.
    I like the high collar, it makes him look more alien IMO. Though the suit would look fine without it still :)

  10. #85

    Default

    I think it's always wrong for comics to change because of embarrassment. If they are getting rid of trunks on super-heroes because they think it makes them look stupid then they're agreeing with all the knuckle-heads who mocked the comics I read. One more reason for me to drop comics--if the people putting them out are now agreeing with the detractors who always bugged the hell out of me.

    Was I wasting my breath all those years defending the merits of comics? Apparently Dan DiDio and Jim Lee think so.

    But what I wonder is why they got rid of the trunks but kept the cape. If anything is peculiar to super-heroes it's the cape. Athletes continue to wear shorts over their leggings--but where do you see anyone wearing capes these days? Nobody except Uncle Leo (and he passed away).

    So since I don't read the new 52, I'm wondering has every trace of shorts been erased from these comics? Given the previews of the misleadingly titled Earth-2, its seems like the no shorts rule applies to even alternate Earths.

    So have we seen any of the previous trunk-wearing characters in the relaunch--such as The Creeper, The Spectre, Blue Devil, Commander Steel, Deadshot, Doll Man, Eclipso, Hawk, Dove, Merryman, Manhunter, Mister Miracle, Lightray, Orion, Omac, Metamorpho, Geoforce, Peacemaker, Plastic Man, Max Mercury, Robotman, The Trickster, Killer Moth, Prince Gavyn, Crimson Avenger, Captain Comet, Black Condor, Phantom Lady, Zatanna?

  11. #86
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An Ear In The Fireplace View Post
    I think it's always wrong for comics to change because of embarrassment. If they are getting rid of trunks on super-heroes because they think it makes them look stupid then they're agreeing with all the knuckle-heads who mocked the comics I read. One more reason for me to drop comics--if the people putting them out are now agreeing with the detractors who always bugged the hell out of me.

    Was I wasting my breath all those years defending the merits of comics? Apparently Dan DiDio and Jim Lee think so.

    But what I wonder is why they got rid of the trunks but kept the cape. If anything is peculiar to super-heroes it's the cape. Athletes continue to wear shorts over their leggings--but where do you see anyone wearing capes these days? Nobody except Uncle Leo (and he passed away).

    So since I don't read the new 52, I'm wondering has every trace of shorts been erased from these comics? Given the previews of the misleadingly titled Earth-2, its seems like the no shorts rule applies to even alternate Earths.

    So have we seen any of the previous trunk-wearing characters in the relaunch--such as The Creeper, The Spectre, Blue Devil, Commander Steel, Deadshot, Doll Man, Eclipso, Hawk, Dove, Merryman, Manhunter, Mister Miracle, Lightray, Orion, Omac, Metamorpho, Geoforce, Peacemaker, Plastic Man, Max Mercury, Robotman, The Trickster, Killer Moth, Prince Gavyn, Crimson Avenger, Captain Comet, Black Condor, Phantom Lady, Zatanna?
    Excellent post My friend. Thank You for sharing.

  12. #87

    Default

    I had no problem with the original look. All that was needed was a slight modification. I loved Superman Return's modification's and muted colors. It looked like a modern version of what was worn by George Reeves (in particular the stylized "S"). I also like Superman Earth One's rendition as well. The new suit is okay I guess when it isn't drawn metallic. I still see a space suit with a cape attached. It seems to depend on the artist. I don't like how Perez or Jim Lee draws it, but I do like how Nicola Scott and Jesus Merino render the uniform.

  13. #88
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Dont mind the new look but i hate the idea of getting rid of a classic look for realism which, imo, is anathema to fictional entertainment.

  14. #89
    Junior Member Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    259

    Default

    It would have been cool if DC had conducted a reader's poll and lets us choose between the classic or the Nu.

  15. #90
    Veteran Member Fate's Faith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Box View Post
    It would have been cool if DC had conducted a reader's poll and lets us choose between the classic or the Nu.
    They should do that for every aspect. Maybe have people to text their storylines to see next?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •