Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

hmm yeah it does almost look like blue trunks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEyedWonder View Post
    I like the new suit.

It makes a lot more sense.

Plus it looks a lot less awkward then seeing a flying muscle man in red underwear beat up bad guys :x
    I concur sir!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEyedWonder View Post
    Plus it looks a lot less awkward then seeing a flying muscle man in red underwear beat up bad guys :x
    To each their own, but a flying muscle man beating up bad guys without any underwear at all is an odd definition of "less awkward."

The power of the rainbow. jade_nova's Avatar

I have a solution to this whole costume problem. Let him fight naked.
    "Here's to me and here's to you. If we should ever disagree, then here's to me and to hell with you," William O. Astle 1905-2002

"Damn you, Harlot! Science and I know what we're doing," Reed Richards

http://captain-smiley.livejournal.com/-Here be Countdown summaries.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_nova View Post
    I have a solution to this whole costume problem. Let him fight naked.
    LOL
    That'll make Midnighter dump Apollo!

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rainzo View Post
    LOL
    That'll make Midnighter dump Apollo!
    Other way around my god that chin spike
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    That Superman #1 cover Strickalator posted is clearly trunks. It's sticking out. But yes that is what I was talking about lol
    That's fan-art.

yeah that was fan art , here is the actual cover

I like the artwork and its totally fine by me, I just miss the yellow belt and the red undies and the M Boots
    When you grow up with something it sticks in your mind
    Last edited by Strickalator; 03-30-2012 at 10:46 AM.

I do believe they're really meant to be seam lines or piping and it's not an actual separate article of clothing going over the rest of the suit. But I'd really rather the artists leave them off because it makes me feel like something is missing and breaks up the flow.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strickalator View Post
    yeah that was fan art , here is the actual cover

I like the artwork and its totally fine by me, I just miss the yellow belt and the red undies and the M Boots
    When you grow up with something it sticks in your mind
    Makes me throw up a little in my mouth every time I see it.

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Makes me throw up a little in my mouth every time I see it.
    While I will always prefer the original suit, and I agree this one is inferior, to me it's more important how the character is portrayed and if he is written with his proper "voice". The costume is secondary to this, I feel.

I wasn't so sure IF he was being written properly. After SUPERMAN #7 and ACTION #7, I feel like he is still very much the character I've come to love, even if his costume isn't quite as iconic anymore. In fact, the new design isn't terrible at it's core. It just is overwhelmed by all those lines all over the place that screams "Hey! Jim Lee created this!". In fact, all that needed to be done to the old suit to "modernize" it was to just get rid of the trunks, redesign the belt to act as more of a color break, and leave the rest as it was. Hell, I don't really mind the idea of it being a bit more alien in nature, just keep it simple.

I've endured mullet/long haired Superman. I've endured ELectro-smurf Superman. I can endure this. The old suit will return to the main continuity in some shape or form. Maybe not in 6 months or a year, but it's a lot sooner than some would like to believe. Just give it time and don't close your eyes to what could be some great stories just because either it's not the continuity I prefer or he isn't wearing the costume you'd like him to wear. Superman is so much more than a costume.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 03-30-2012 at 01:25 PM.

BANNED

I prefer the new suit, collar and all.

Aesthetically, it just looks better to me, but mainly, I like it because it acknowledges his roots. I love the fact that the cape was passed to him from Jor-El, who got it from his father.

Superman's a man of two worlds, and he shouldn't have to embrace one at the expense of the other.

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt J. View Post
    I prefer the new suit, collar and all.

Aesthetically, it just looks better to me, but mainly, I like it because it acknowledges his roots. I love the fact that the cape was passed to him from Jor-El, who got it from his father.

Superman's a man of two worlds, and he shouldn't have to embrace one at the expense of the other.
    He never did. Maybe in the Byrne version, yes. However, in both SECRET ORIGIN and BIRTHRIGHT (not to mention Pre-COIE), his suit was made from materials from his space ship, and was based on the design of native dress on Krypton. It was just put together by Martha with help by Clark, of course. That suit was always a reflection of Superman's dual origin, with the Byrne era and early Golden Age being the exceptions.

If anything, the idea he just finds the suit on BRAINIAC's ship makes this suit one that is at the expense of one of his "worlds", and makes it less special IMO.

The new suit for me. And I don't see why you guys keep whinning, it's not like the old suit is gone. You still see it in new DC animation as they haven't moved on yet.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    He never did. Maybe in the Byrne version, yes. However, in both SECRET ORIGIN and BIRTHRIGHT (not to mention Pre-COIE), his suit was made from materials from his space ship, and was based on the design of native dress on Krypton. It was just put together by Martha with help by Clark, of course. That suit was always a reflection of Superman's dual origin, with the Byrne era and early Golden Age being the exceptions.

If anything, the idea he just finds the suit on BRAINIAC's ship makes this suit one that is at the expense of one of his "worlds", and makes it less special IMO.
    Fair point regarding Martha making his original suit from the materials that accompanied him to Earth, but I don't see how his finding the current one comes at the expense of anything. That said, it's the cloak and the crest that really speak to his lineage, so I suppose the suit itself shouldn't matter.

But I just really dig the new look.