Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

I'm gonna add to the classic costume goodness too.

If DC used this design there would be much less problem. I really like this a lot as it keeps a classic feel while giving a update those who Moaned wanted.

I. Hate. The. New. Changes.

Its ultimately iconoclastic.

What is wrong with simplicity?

Simplicity.

Simplicity.

Simplicity.

I always felt the creators would have had better taste than to give Supes a trendy look shared by hundreds of Supes knock-offs who themselves not only lack the icon's long history but also his cultural phenomenal popularity. Keep Superman classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Box View Post
    I. Hate. The. New. Changes.

Its ultimately iconoclastic.

What is wrong with simplicity?

Simplicity.

Simplicity.

Simplicity.

I always felt the creators would have had better taste than to give Supes a trendy look shared by hundreds of Supes knock-offs who themselves not only lack the icon's long history but also his cultural phenomenal popularity. Keep Superman classic!
    Amen Brother.

Elder Member

I like how people comment on the underwear, yet ALL of the Justice League have underwear on the outside. Superman's is just blue now.

That's another problem, it TOO blue. The original costume had a perfect color balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Amen Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I like how people comment on the underwear, yet ALL of the Justice League have underwear on the outside. Superman's is just blue now.

That's another problem, it TOO blue. The original costume had a perfect color balance.
    I agree he is too blue, when I read the Superman comics now, I am always noticing the absence of red undies and that in itself is a distraction to me the reader however mild it is it is still a distraction.

Supes doesnt need these futuristic space-age armour-like accountrements, if anything leave Superman as dressed down as possible.

Remember writers and readers, that big bold "S" on his chest isnt simply decorative it actually represents and symbolizes something. It puts the "S" in SUPER... man.

Yea I will always prefer the classic superman, sorry DC, but this takes away from his iconic look, The classic sky blue outfit and red undies.

But its not my character and not my company, I just gotta wonder if Joel Shuster and Jerry Siegel would like this costume?
    Does DC and Warner Brothers ask the descendants of Joel Shuster and Jerry Siegel who own 50% of the copyright about what he should look like?

Last edited by Strickalator; 03-29-2012 at 09:41 PM.

I don't like the new suit either. The red underwear added more color that I think is needed. Putting him in armor seems like an attempt to make him "cool," but Superman shouldn't have to look cool. Unless this is some kind of high tech super armor, I don't even see how it can be as strong as his own body. At least the tights should be easier for him to hide underneath his clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post
    I don't like the new suit either. The red underwear added more color that I think is needed. Putting him in armor seems like an attempt to make him "cool," but Superman shouldn't have to look cool. Unless this is some kind of high tech super armor, I don't even see how it can be as strong as his own body. At least the tights should be easier for him to hide underneath his clothes.
    Yeah the only time superman needs armor is when he is in space! He can only hold his lungs for 1 hour before he needs oxygen again!
    or Wearing a Lead Suit For Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    If DC used this design there would be much less problem. I really like this a lot as it keeps a classic feel while giving a update those who Moaned wanted.

This would have been a nice compromise for the reasons you mentioned.

I don't mind the new suit, but it does come off as too bulky depending on who draws Superman. Ironically, I like the way Jim Lee draws Superman's new costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post
    I don't like the new suit either. The red underwear added more color that I think is needed. Putting him in armor seems like an attempt to make him "cool," but Superman shouldn't have to look cool.
    Speak for yourself. Some of us actually want Superman to be commercially successful.

Unless this is some kind of high tech super armor, I don't even see how it can be as strong as his own body.
    Do you really think writers would intend to give him armor weaker than his body?

At least the tights should be easier for him to hide underneath his clothes.
    That's been addressed too.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post

Huh? None of the other Justice League members wear trunks.

He's talking about the placement of the seam lines which gives the impression of trunks.

Oh okay, I was reading it wrong, oops. Disregard.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    He's talking about the placement of the seam lines which gives the impression of trunks.
    That Superman #1 cover Strickalator posted is clearly trunks. It's sticking out. But yes that is what I was talking about lol