Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEyedWonder View Post
    And yes, he should have armor. There are plenty of times when he's getting beat up and armor would have helped. The way he fights and the kind of powers he has favors armor more then spandex/tights, at least IMO.

Isn't that what the belt is for? Though I can understand the height thing. It does look a little odd sometimes in the comics.
    No, he doesn't need armor. Even though writers in the past have strayed (Byrne) the mythos keeps coming back to the costume being woven out of Kryptonian material. Indestrucible, just like Superman. Kryptonian armor may be a little tougher, but under a yellow sun, there would be no difference. And HOW does Clark keep that armor under his clothes?

The belt is too thin to break up all that blue. To me, going back to Carvill since he is a real world example, is a blue blob with a cool S insignia. I love the insignia for the movie. I wish they would have used that for the comics!

Infâme et fier de l'être Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by delliott101 View Post
    No, he doesn't need armor. Even though writers in the past have strayed (Byrne) the mythos keeps coming back to the costume being woven out of Kryptonian material. Indestrucible, just like Superman. Kryptonian armor may be a little tougher, but under a yellow sun, there would be no difference. And HOW does Clark keep that armor under his clothes?

The belt is too thin to break up all that blue. To me, going back to Carvill since he is a real world example, is a blue blob with a cool S insignia. I love the insignia for the movie. I wish they would have used that for the comics!
    We see how he hide it in Superman 7 actually.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by delliott101 View Post

Well they showed that in the last comic. Which makes more sense IMO then wearing it underneath his clothes. I know he's superman and everything, but that just sounds uncomfortable.

And if there isn't much of a difference between their durability, I still think it's better because it just looks more serious. It's much easier for me to picture Supes leading the JL in the new costume then the old one. Though I guess this is just personal preference.

I really like it, and as stated I like the costumes origin story

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Why would Superman need a suit of armor. HE IS SUPERMAN... You could change all the character you want Batman, Spiderman, any of them. You Should NEVER Change Superman. He is the blueprint, He is the Iconic character they all come from. The character should always be above such things.
    But has always changed. The boots have gotten taller, a belt was added, the cape has shorten and been longer. The 'S' shield has seen the biggest change. I really like the new suit. At least in terms of the look and lack of trunks. The collar I could lose or keep. It doesn't really bother me. But overall, I think its the best costume change any major character has undergone and is classic enough to last.

I honestly.....don't care about the costume. But, I think that its okay. I really don't get all the hate. I'm pretty sure its all just resistance to change. Anyway, as long as the next few issues are as strong story-wise as this last one (or improve), he could be wearing a literal garbage bag and I would not care.

Hi Lex,
    I think you know my views by now; Classic Suit, always and ever.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6...nuperman1a.jpg

BANNED

Nothing beats it.

I also find it funny that all the lurking Superman fans from the DC boards come out once issue 7 is released. Nice to not be alone.

I love the new suit and I hope it stays. The old one, while traditional and all, is really outdated now ... and frankly, the new one looks way cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric J View Post

Nothing beats it.

I also find it funny that all the lurking Superman fans from the DC boards come out once issue 7 is released. Nice to not be alone.
    Definitely not my favorite rendition of the classic suit. The art manages to make it look stodgier than it ever has.

BANNED

Well yeah, thats art style.

I was thinking about someone saying he doesn't need armor and it occured to me if that's how you feel, then why doesn't Supes just were red trunks and that's it? I mean, why not? Isn't that just as functional as the strongman suit?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUP34.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	90904

Or this.

(I didn't think I was lurking before this)
    Last edited by planetman; 03-29-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUP 46.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	90905

Here's another.

I dislike the new costume too. Why does he need an armored motocross suit if he's nearly invulnerable?
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!