Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default So who here dislikes the new suit as much as I do?

Hello all.

Since coming over from the DC board, I have kept mostly quiet but that silence end's now. I want to see who on here dislikes the new abomination they call a suit as much as I do.

I only dislike it when Jim Lee's the one drawing it.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

By the way I'm luthor1940. You all know me as Lexrules. I will be using this name from now on here. ;)

I love the new suit! RIP red undies!

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STC View Post
    Were you a fan of the character before the reboot and if so for how long. Just want to see what I'm working with here.

Quote Originally Posted by STC View Post
    Seconded. Although Superman was probably the first superhero I ever recognized as a kid, I don't miss his old outfit one bit.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

I miss the underwear to be honest. It was a big part of the suit and now it's gone, Superman feels a little less iconic. It doesn't help he's had mediocre stories so far since the New 52 began. Issue 7 was great though, lets hope this is the start of something good for Supes.

Veteran Member

I'm all for modernizing Superman's look, the problem is that Jim Lee was'nt the right guy to make the new design.

There's still hope though, it looks like the new costume can change depending of what the one who uses it wants, so we may see a redesign on the future.

The power of the rainbow. jade_nova's Avatar

There isn't much of a difference from this costume and the old one. It is basically the same costume but no red trunks and unnecessary lines. The new costume looks too stiff and plasticy.
    "Here's to me and here's to you. If we should ever disagree, then here's to me and to hell with you," William O. Astle 1905-2002

"Damn you, Harlot! Science and I know what we're doing," Reed Richards

http://captain-smiley.livejournal.com/-Here be Countdown summaries.

Nope. If anything I become more and more accustomed to it as the months pass. I said it in the Controversial thread, but I think this costume has staying power and can become just as iconic as the past incarnations. That's not to say I can't see a minor alteration here or there. maybe getting rid of some lines along the way or something, but it doesn't need much tinkering with.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-29-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Elder Member

I've hated all of the redesigns thus far.

I'm a Junior Member! Kilgore Trout's Avatar

Hate it. Its over done and unfriendly — it actually make him look like Count Kal-El and that you should be knelling in his presence.

Also i find it that if you go back pre DCnU and actually *LOOK* you'll see that the red trunks were almost always shaded at least partially in black... it was never (like many would infer) a bright red pair of underwear and it gave a balance the suit now lacks.

I always like the idea that Superman suit was made by his mother, not purchased at Jim Lee's Home Depot for Super-Hero Suits... It was ANOTHER thing that set him apart.

It wasn't a uniform of some alien authority, or issued by some galactic corp, or the suit of a warrior.

It was simple, humble and authentic. Like Superman.
    I live in America. It's not a country, it's a business.

Actually I rather find that his motivation for continuing to wear it--honoring his deceased home world and family--to be pretty humble and authentic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Actually I rather find that his motivation for continuing to wear it--honoring his deceased home world and family--to be pretty humble and authentic.
    I Agree with this!
    and i love the suit so shush haters, and the suit looks fine by jim lee but i looks best by ivan reis (like evreything else)

I'm not really sold on the new costume either. I like the classic costume quite a bit. Though I'm not against trying to update or modernize it a bit. The problem being that this costume doesn't look updated, it looks 90's. It doesn't give off a Superman vibe and makes him seem kind of unapproachable. It's not a completely drastic departure from the original but it kind of went in the wrong direction. If you want a costume to look futuristic or alien, you simplify it and keep it sleek. You don't add crazy lines everywhere. I would find the costume a bit easier to deal with if they lost that collar.

Now, if you put this costume on General Zod, you'd really have something.