View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimates #8?

Voters
41. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

25 60.98%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

13 31.71%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

3 7.32%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Loved this issue, so much going on! It was good to find out (sort of) what tony and Thor have been up too. At this point I really don't know how this is all going to end. My guess is xorn/xorn will absorb the nukes... "my brother is all-consuming"

Thought this was a pretty good issue. Wasn't a lot to it, mostly setting up for the future, but I am really excited about where this is going. Really want to see what Zorn and the Eternals can do. Loved that full page. Hope they kick the crap out of those Children (odd thing to say).
    Question: I don't get the "Mr. Dirtybottom" thing Braddock said, Is that a reference to something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Thought this was a pretty good issue. Wasn't a lot to it, mostly setting up for the future, but I am really excited about where this is going. Really want to see what Zorn and the Eternals can do. Loved that full page. Hope they kick the crap out of those Children (odd thing to say).
    Question: I don't get the "Mr. Dirtybottom" thing Braddock said, Is that a reference to something?
    Never at any other time have I supported the beating of Children more.

Ultimate fan for life TheUltimates09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    Never at any other time have I supported the beating of Children more.
    HA!

I find it really hard to express in different words at how much I am loving this book. Hickman knows how too tell amazing stories and this Ultimates book keeps getting and more interesting which each page. Im sure I am missing out by not reading his other works.

About that device Stark and Thor are working on, the only technology I believe that the Ultimates have been shown to possess that has had any positive effect in an encounter with the Children has been teleportation. Thor has now teleported twice in sensor range of the Children which is interesting because the Children led by Reed Richards have been shown to adapt very fast.

And what are the possibilities for nukes once they are launched. I think it would be laughable if they were shown to turn right around at the US so at best they can be redirected in a somewhat local area, say the European landmass. Obviously the Children might be capable of simply blocking them all.

As for those saying little happened, NUKES WERE LAUNCHED AND THEY AIN'T COMING BACK TO BE UNLAUNCHED. If all were launched the US no longer has a nuclear shield. I still think in Ultimates 2 had the Liberators captured the President at the start of their attack the next logical step would have been an all-out nuclear attack on the United States by all of the Liberator-allied countries, including Russia and perhaps even France. Hickman is providing what should have happened, updated.