I'm loving the direction of Azzarello's storyline and character direction for the new Wonder Woman...however I'm a little distressed on how WEAK she is compared to her pre-Flashpoint power levels.
She doesn't have many feats of great strength other than lifting a truck and knocking down trees.
She apparently cannot fly (except for one instance in Justice League Dark).
Her lasso appears to have lost many of it's properties other than making people tell the truth.
And she doesn't appear to have superspeed other than the reflexes needed to deflect gattling gun fire and running as fast as a car.
As it stands, Wonder Woman is no longer one of the most powerful super-heroines in comics. She's one of the weakest.
Her loss of flight is the greatest negative. I know some older fans appreciate this, but in today's comics, flight is essential in combat. Especially when so many DC heroes can fly. Even Cyborg can fly now...
With her current powerset, she'd lose to MANY superheros and superheroines alike:
1) Spider-Man (He has greater strength feats and he's also much faster...)
2) She-Hulk (She has greater strength feats. In the past, Diana's speed and flight would have put her past Jennifer...but not anymore...)
3) Invisible Woman (Too bad Diana doesn't appear to have superspeed....)
4) Wonder Girl (Why is it that DCNu Wonder Girl appears STRONGER than DCNu Wonder Woman. She can even fly. Pre-Flashpoint Wonder Girl would own DCNu Wonder Woman.)
5) Starfire (Too bad, DCNu Wonder Woman can't fly so she can actually do more than desperately deflect Starfire's attacks from a half-mile above...)
6) Emma Frost (In the past, DCNu Wonder Woman displayed resistance to telepathy and superspeed to hit her opponent before they can make a thought...not anymore...)
7) Supergirl (DCNu Supergirl is FAR more powerful than DCNu Wonder Woman whereas in the past, Wonder Woman edged out Supergirl in sheer skill. Too bad Supergirl is too damn fast and she can fly...)
Those are just a FEW superheroes that we're normally within Diana's abilities to easily or moderately best...but now they completely out-rank her.
As for Storm? X-Men fans will be delighted to know that Storm is finally more powerful than Wonder Woman. In her current form, Diana has no chance of winning unless they're standing two feet away from each other. Diana can no longer fly, so Storm could just hurricane Diana to submission.
I love Wonder Woman's new direction...but DC needs to step it up with power levels. She's WONDER WOMAN. When people hear her name, they think of the most powerful woman in comics.
And right now, she's not. Wolverine would give her trouble for christ sake's.
Give her back her flight. It's needed. Give her back her superspeed. She needs a drastic boost in power to make her more than D-List superheroine who's protege is more powerful than her.....