Thread: "Shooters" ogn

Writer of stuff.

Default "Shooters" ogn

Just a reminder/heads-up that Shooters, an original graphic novel from Vertigo, hits store shelves April 18th.

I wrote the book with my friend and frequent collaborator, Brandon Jerwa, and it is drawn by the amazing and gifted Steve Lieber (Whiteout). It's a contemporary military drama, set in the current conflict in Iraq, and tracks the path of a soldier from combat, to civilian life, and back again. Inspired by the events surrounding my brother-in-law's death in Mosul in 2005, it is certainly a personal work and a far cry from the kinds of stuff I've done before, so I hope you'll check it out.

Steve, Brandon and I set up a "hub" for the book, named after a fictional private military company that figures prominently in the book. I hope you'll stop by and give us a look.

www.steelriversecurity.com

Thanks!

--Eric Trautmann

[Edit]: A little bit of teaser art is up now, too.
    Last edited by mercuryeric; 03-28-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Typos. Bah.
    Eric Trautmann
    Writer/editor/graphic-designer
    www.erictrautmann.us

Writer of stuff.

Some behind the scenes character art up now, too.
    Eric Trautmann
    www.erictrautmann.us

I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Seeing Leiber's preview art only makes me want it more.

Writer of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Seeing Leiber's preview art only makes me want it more.
    Won't be long now. :)

Steve did an amazing job -- not a surprise, really, he's kinda awesome -- bringing the book to life.

(Some more Lieber behind-the-scenes character sketch stuff will hit www.steelriversecurity.com on Wed. and Fri., too, just FYI.)

Thanks!

-E
    Eric Trautmann
    www.erictrautmann.us

Writer of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Speaking of Steve Lieber preview art...

:)

-E
    Eric Trautmann
    www.erictrautmann.us

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryeric View Post
    Speaking of Steve Lieber preview art...

:)

-E
    Have always been a big fan of your work, man, from Checkmate to The Shield. Can't wait to pick this up, and early reviews are SPECTACULAR.

Any updates on what else you might have coming down the pipeline, work wise? More from DC, Vertigo, Marvel...?
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Writer of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Have always been a big fan of your work, man, from Checkmate to The Shield. Can't wait to pick this up, and early reviews are SPECTACULAR.

Any updates on what else you might have coming down the pipeline, work wise? More from DC, Vertigo, Marvel...?
    Nothing to announce, alas. I'm wrapping up my run on Vampirella with issue 20, and I'm still writing Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist and Red Sonja for the foreseeable future. I have a couple things I'm developing—a creator-owned thing with Jerwa and artist Giovanni Timpano, developing some properties for some pretty well-known artists whom I'm friends with, trying to get our long-stalled webcomic Wide Awake un-stalled, pitching other stuff to Dynamite (which has been a very welcoming and good home to me).

Right now, I'm pretty focused on seeing Shooters launch, and maybe catching up on some rest. ;)

-E
    Eric Trautmann
    www.erictrautmann.us