Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Soundgarden, Bush Feature on "Avengers" Soundtrack

Marvel Studios has released the full track list for "Avengers Assemble," the upcoming soundtrack to Joss Whedon's "Avengers." The album features alt-rock artists Bush and Evanescence with Soundgarden's first new song in 15 years.

Full article here.

Bush?!?!?!? Seriously?!?!?!?!?!? I mean, that's overall a pretty tragic line-up of talent aside from Kasabian, but seriously, Bush?!?!?!?

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

It almost seems like they had this soundtrack sitting around for about 10 years and then decided to make a movie around it.

Sounds pretty terrible.
    Last edited by Romero; 03-27-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: I wanted to dump on it some more.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

Quote Originally Posted by Romero View Post
    It almost seems like they had this soundtrack sitting around for about 10 years and then decided to make a movie around it.
    hahahahah, totally!

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

This has to be the most LOL-worthy soundtrack in a loooong time. The Twilight series had better soundtracks and I'm being 100% serious. Hopefully this is like a companion album and none of these actually appear in the movie and they have a legit score for the film. This is kind of embarrassing.

aside from rise against, this a pretty awful soundtrack.

Holy mother of God... that has got to be the WORST lineup of songs since Howard Stern's "Private Parts" soundtrack. This makes me very very worried... I was hoping for some sort of powerful orchestral score in the movie. But do they think that the core Avengers audience is going to want to THRASH as Thor battles Loki? I have been soooooo stoked for this movie since it was first announced, but this one misstep is SO BIG that it's making me nervous...

BANNED

The Soundgarden-hate here is really depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    The Soundgarden-hate here is really depressing.
    I used to love Soundgarden, but after "Badmotorfinger" they took the express train to Crap-ville. "Black Hole Sun" is nigh-unforgiveable.

The rest of the lineup is mostly early 2000s nu-metal leftovers and also-rans.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

Quote Originally Posted by ForSatori1919 View Post
    This has to be the most LOL-worthy soundtrack in a loooong time. The Twilight series had better soundtracks and I'm being 100% serious. Hopefully this is like a companion album and none of these actually appear in the movie and they have a legit score for the film. This is kind of embarrassing.
    The movie will likely have a legitimate score. I bet at least three of these songs appear over the closing credits, as is often the case. The rest are used to show you where a "cool" scene or character intro is. I bet Hawkeye gets that Effervescence song when he shows up on screen!

OMG, some of you guys are idiots. There will be actual instrumental orchestration to the movie, just like every other movie. This is just a collection of some of the songs you will hear short snippets of here and there throughout the movie and end credits. This is not meant to replace the actual movie score.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Romero View Post
    I used to love Soundgarden, but after "Badmotorfinger" they took the express train to Crap-ville. "Black Hole Sun" is nigh-unforgiveable.

The rest of the lineup is mostly early 2000s nu-metal leftovers and also-rans.
    I thought Superunknown was more impressive, musically. People always seem to think that becoming more radio friendly is always a bad thing.

This is one Macy Gray song away from being the Spider-Man soundtrack.

Actually likes comics Darth Tigris's Avatar

Great. More Avengers news mean something new for fanboys to hate.

Anyway, this is fine (a bit too much rock for my taste), but I personally am REALLY looking forward to Silvistri's score. I hope it's truly thematically memorable.
    Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me are people that think Final Crisis is good.

There's a reason it says "Music From and Inspired by the movie"

Most of the time, it's the studios pushing artists on their labels.