Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

YJ SB os kinda like luke cage for the Avenger team.they both are strong,durable,like to punch stuff,but they both are stuck onnthe ground,bruisers for their teams.i likenthat he isnthe tough one on the team,but while he is only using golden age superman powers he isnt really imo the most powerful,heck not even second really.miss martian,zatanna,Rocket,blue beetle,wondergirl,just to name a few can probably be considered more powerful,and that bugs me a lil,when he is Superboy,and he should have the greatest raw power on the team by far.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    YJ SB os kinda like luke cage for the Avenger team.they both are strong,durable,like to punch stuff,but they both are stuck onnthe ground,bruisers for their teams.i likenthat he isnthe tough one on the team,but while he is only using golden age superman powers he isnt really imo the most powerful,heck not even second really.miss martian,zatanna,Rocket,blue beetle,wondergirl,just to name a few can probably be considered more powerful,and that bugs me a lil,when he is Superboy,and he should have the greatest raw power on the team by far.
    Well we don't know how power full wondergirl or blue beetle are and miss martians power is in her telepathy not TK so he really isn't that strong in the a raw power way. Zatanna is magical in nature and doesn't really show any "raw" power. We also don't know how powerful Rocket is. None have better feats than Superboy really.

Look at the mister twister episode: As soon as Superboy hit him once his fist went straight through him no prob and no one else had the power to do that. Also when the team lost there memories Superboy as Ms M fought and Superboy took out he TK with little to no problem then he went on to fight some tanks.

His powers aren't flashy but they are the strongest in the physical sense of the word that much is evident.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well we don't know how power full wondergirl or blue beetle are and miss martians power is in her telepathy not TK so he really isn't that strong in the a raw power way. Zatanna is magical in nature and doesn't really show any "raw" power. We also don't know how powerful Rocket is. None have better feats than Superboy really.

Look at the mister twister episode: As soon as Superboy hit him once his fist went straight through him no prob and no one else had the power to do that. Also when the team lost there memories Superboy as Ms M fought and Superboy took out he TK with little to no problem then he went on to fight some tanks.

His powers aren't flashy but they are the strongest in the physical sense of the word that much is evident.

if cassie can fly and has super strength,and if jamie can do the blaster thing and fly they could give him a hard time easily.the parasite used megans TK and ownd SB,im sure she could do the same.zatanna is magical so she is always a threat.Rocket can fly,blast stuff,and hit back just as hard as you hit her,so she could be a problem too.YJ SB is a beast,and i still see him as thr "boy" to beat,but only having golden age powers and limits ismt going to make him the clear winner,like superman would be with his peers.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

course if he had 90's TTK and had it be a conscious power instead of passive or always on power while awake,then he would be top dog.

i really like how kon is a superman clone,but is different than kal,like his hair style,personality,clothes,powers,and origin.im actually hoping kon never gets heat vision or super lungs ,or more actual vision powers,i like his powers to look different,and make the way he fights different too.i think it was a mistake by geoff to give pre 52 kon all the kryptonian powers,it made him more generic less unique.he should have just done what ive been saying which is golden age kryptonian powers,TTK that can be extended,and the TTK senses to round out the powerset.then just kept everything else the same...maybe add some fijgerless gloves lol.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Cassie can punch Lobo back,that takes a lot of power,i think SB might be in for the challenge of his life.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

why cant kon be a "superman" without supermans powers? i like that SB is different,but still a equal.

instead of strength and durability,SB mimics those with his TK field
    instead of super senses,SB has TTK senses
    instead of superspeed,SB has TK hyper acceleration,and close contact TTK
    instead of heat vision and super breath,SB has full TK
    both have flight
    both have natural non solar enhanced kryptonian bodies (theory)

kal has solar cells,and because he is absorbs energy,he also has kryptonite weakness
    kon has TK cells,his own power source,and his weakness is his focus(this is my theory only)

different,but equal,and awesome,why cant it be this simple?
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    why cant kon be a "superman" without supermans powers? i like that SB is different,but still a equal.

instead of strength and durability,SB mimics those with his TK field
    instead of super senses,SB has TTK senses
    instead of superspeed,SB has TK hyper acceleration,and close contact TTK
    instead of heat vision and super breath,SB has full TK
    both have flight
    both have natural non solar enhanced kryptonian bodies (theory)

kal has solar cells,and because he is absorbs energy,he also has kryptonite weakness
    kon has TK cells,his own power source,and his weakness is his focus(this is my theory only)

different,but equal,and awesome,why cant it be this simple?
    Hey man I'm cool with all of that and I'd call him a Superman. Although I would still wan't him to represent him self like a Superman. Meaning I want his powers to be displayed like a Superman, almost like they were in the 90s. I think the energy that surrounds him most of the time when he uses his powers makes his feats look less "authentic". It feels weaker to me when I see all that red energy glowing around him when he does anything.

I feel like just glowing eyes would be enough for when he uses his "physical" powers and then you can glow it up all you want when he is using TK.

Oh and don't forget that he's weak to high powered energy (as seen in issue 7) or was that addressed in the TT issue where they saved him?

i agree totally with that superlad,i said the same for the YJ SB if he had TTK.eyes glowing is enough until the energy is doing somethingoutside of the mimicked powers.

i thought he was woozy in that issue,cause he got hit by surprise,and he doesnt handle surprises very well.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch