Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 128
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    IMO, Comics would synch to Show. Since the SHow has a great deal larger audience but its too late now because the powers are clearly different. So synch costume and personality.
    I disagree, I think that any spinoffs should reflect the comics not vice virca. The comics are the source, everything else is dumbed down for the kids (I have no issue with this, it's just the case... in fact I think it's a fine thing to do it that way). This is something that I've always just kinda felt intuitively, even when I was a kid and didn't have much exposure to actual comics.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    the YJ lex says his human dna suppresses his kryptonian side,but what if the truth was that his human side mutated his kryptonian side instead,simple as that.that way YJ SB gets "his" TTK and lex can still have some revalance in conners life.

    same for nuSB,he could have TK because his human side mutated his kryptonian side,and then they can give him golden age or YJ SB powers or not,cause his TK is pretty darn powerful already.

    That doesn't even make sense. They made it quite clear that human DNA was only introduced to replace the parts of the kryptonian genom, they couldn't clone correctly, hence Superboy being weaker not stronger or with TK-powers. He is not Marvel's Submariner.
    Why don't you enjoy the character on the show, just like he is, instead of demanding retcons or synching him with the current comicbook version?

  3. #33
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel01 View Post
    That doesn't even make sense. They made it quite clear that human DNA was only introduced to replace the parts of the kryptonian genom, they couldn't clone correctly, hence Superboy being weaker not stronger or with TK-powers. He is not Marvel's Submariner.
    Why don't you enjoy the character on the show, just like he is, instead of demanding retcons or synching him with the current comicbook version?
    i do like him the way he is on the show,this thread was started as a place to think of ways that DC could try syncing up all his different versions into one idea,for easier marketing,and so when ppl say superboy,everyone is thinking the same thing,not five different ways of thinking about it.

    oh and the only person who said his human dna suppressed his kryptonian dna was lex luthor,the biggest liar on the planet,and you believe him so easily?

    just like superman grew into his powers,on the show conner could grow into different powers.human dna doesnt automatically mean weaker,the comic version before the new 52 reboot had all the powers and TTK with half human dna.those shields YJ SB puts on could unlock the genetic potenetial that is in his dna,even if they never appear in his powerset,the potential is always there.

    why couldnt human dna mutate his kryptonian dna instead? it would be a easy answer,one where he could still be as powerful as a kryptonian,and make him unique on the show,not just a failed superman clone.i think making Match all kryptonian,and more powerful than SB opens the door for him to find his own way to be just as good,and thats where his TK comes in.

    look at what we seen so far on the show and in the comics,YJ SB has physical powers,that are SUPER,but still below Matchs physical powers,with super hearing and infra red vision,and in the comics nuSB has TK with enhanced strength,and a SUPER metabolism for healing etc.

    these two versions are already clearly moving in the same direction,nuSB more physically doing so,while YJ SBs super senses could be expliained as TK sensory powers(just look at how i is portrayed in the comics)and now he has a huge story reason to get TK powers.

    miss martian has regular TK,while the nuSB has TK through use of a powerful field around his body,aslong as they explain any TK powers YJSB has by saying "TK field" ,or has to come in contact with his TK field then they are different enough to be displayed at the same time.YJSB would use it mainly for flight,strength,durability,and sometimes blowing stuff up,while megan uses it to move things without touching them.

    nuSB is already moving in the YJSBs way,he has enhanced strength(which will only be getting stronger over time) and kryptonian metabolism,so he is closer to YJ then YJ is to nu right now.

    oh and i didnt have to change history to think these theories up,just take the story as shown to the next level.
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    i do like him the way he is on the show,this thread was started as a place to think of ways that DC could try syncing up all his different versions into one idea,for easier marketing,and so when ppl say superboy,everyone is thinking the same thing,not five different ways of thinking about it.

    oh and the only person who said his human dna suppressed his kryptonian dna was lex luthor,the biggest liar on the planet,and you believe him so easily?

    just like superman grew into his powers,on the show conner could grow into different powers.human dna doesnt automatically mean weaker,the comic version before the new 52 reboot had all the powers and TTK with half human dna.those shields YJ SB puts on could unlock the genetic potenetial that is in his dna,even if they never appear in his powerset,the potential is always there.

    why couldnt human dna mutate his kryptonian dna instead? it would be a easy answer,one where he could still be as powerful as a kryptonian,and make him unique on the show,not just a failed superman clone.i think making Match all kryptonian,and more powerful than SB opens the door for him to find his own way to be just as good,and thats where his TK comes in.

    look at what we seen so far on the show and in the comics,YJ SB has physical powers,that are SUPER,but still below Matchs physical powers,with super hearing and infra red vision,and in the comics nuSB has TK with enhanced strength,and a SUPER metabolism for healing etc.

    these two versions are already clearly moving in the same direction,nuSB more physically doing so,while YJ SBs super senses could be expliained as TK sensory powers(just look at how i is portrayed in the comics)and now he has a huge story reason to get TK powers.

    miss martian has regular TK,while the nuSB has TK through use of a powerful field around his body,aslong as they explain any TK powers YJSB has by saying "TK field" ,or has to come in contact with his TK field then they are different enough to be displayed at the same time.YJSB would use it mainly for flight,strength,durability,and sometimes blowing stuff up,while megan uses it to move things without touching them.

    nuSB is already moving in the YJSBs way,he has enhanced strength(which will only be getting stronger over time) and kryptonian metabolism,so he is closer to YJ then YJ is to nu right now.

    oh and i didnt have to change history to think these theories up,just take the story as shown to the next level.
    Without any hints, that this is indeed the case, it is only fanfic.

    Lex Luthor had no reason to lie at the end(he had won afterall) and we saw the truth in form of Match, who had all the powers, but was insane. As for marketing, a Superboy on the show with powers similar to Superman, instead of completly different ones is indeed making things easier, by streamlinening Geoffs retcon mess.
    The TTK only made sense as long as Superboy had nothing to do with Superman at all. Once he was retconned into a semi-clone the whole TTK became as useful as an appendix. And the writers saw it that way too.

  5. #35

    Default

    Totally agree with you. Superboy was synced up with the T Shirt Superboy pre Flash point. I've mentioned this already with Tiny Titans, Smallville, and Young Justice. The YJ version is based on the John's retcon, as was Tiny Titans, and Smallville. When people see the the now famous black tee shirt, they instantly think Conner Kent. The DCnu Superboy is a brand new version. What you're (Stephens) really asking is syncing the pre Flash point Superboy with the DCnu version whose only been out for less than a year. It just wouldn't happen now that he's reached an iconic status based on the previous version. I understand that it is hypothetical but even given that, its just seems pointless. Have fun anyways!

  6. #36
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel01 View Post
    Without any hints, that this is indeed the case, it is only fanfic.

    Lex Luthor had no reason to lie at the end(he had won afterall) and we saw the truth in form of Match, who had all the powers, but was insane. As for marketing, a Superboy on the show with powers similar to Superman, instead of completly different ones is indeed making things easier, by streamlinening Geoffs retcon mess.
    The TTK only made sense as long as Superboy had nothing to do with Superman at all. Once he was retconned into a semi-clone the whole TTK became as useful as an appendix. And the writers saw it that way too.
    Fanfic or fan theory that is why instarted this thread,so thank you for stating the obvious.

    Sorry guys but the nuSB is the SB we have now,and just because pre 52 SB was "easier" doesnt mean his TK being part of his powers cant or wont be added,and really thats all thats needed.YJ SB has golden age limits,so TK is not a useless power,but one that would put him on equal footing with kal and kara.oh and clothes can be changed,thats easy.

    Really its not a huge problem to do this,and would workout in the characters benefit.
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  7. #37
    The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    Is 'I wouldn't' an acceptable answer? Because DCnU Superboy is perhaps the best and my favourite of his incarnations, and YJ Superboy is whiney and boring, like most of the show, with a surprisingly bad costume.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

  8. #38
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    Is 'I wouldn't' an acceptable answer? Because DCnU Superboy is perhaps the best and my favourite of his incarnations, and YJ Superboy is whiney and boring, like most of the show, with a surprisingly bad costume.
    I dont think we have scratched the surface of how awesome nudcu SB is.the YJ SB is gonna be wearing a longer black shirt with fingerless black gloves in season two,so he will look cooler,but if he went back to his solar suit cadmus put him in,then colored it black with red,he would look like a animated version of the nuSB.

    His mood would change if he had his patented TTK lol.
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  9. #39

    Default

    Morphing the two would just confuse people since the Robins are two different characters, as are the Flash's. So it would just be messy IMO.

    And on the topic of his powers, they literally only spent like a minute really explaining them. For all we know he could grow into it like Supes or just stay the same forever. I think they left it open ended to see how it would go instead of just locking it in for no real reason.

  10. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    They don't need to "merge" them, but there does need to be some consistency on Superboy's look, powers, and personality. Every other character is like that, why not Superboy. We don't need so many different versions of Kon-El.

  11. #41
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    i do like him the way he is on the show,this thread was started as a place to think of ways that DC could try syncing up all his different versions into one idea,for easier marketing,and so when ppl say superboy,everyone is thinking the same thing,not five different ways of thinking about it.

    oh and the only person who said his human dna suppressed his kryptonian dna was lex luthor,the biggest liar on the planet,and you believe him so easily?

    just like superman grew into his powers,on the show conner could grow into different powers.human dna doesnt automatically mean weaker,the comic version before the new 52 reboot had all the powers and TTK with half human dna.those shields YJ SB puts on could unlock the genetic potenetial that is in his dna,even if they never appear in his powerset,the potential is always there.

    why couldnt human dna mutate his kryptonian dna instead? it would be a easy answer,one where he could still be as powerful as a kryptonian,and make him unique on the show,not just a failed superman clone.i think making Match all kryptonian,and more powerful than SB opens the door for him to find his own way to be just as good,and thats where his TK comes in.

    look at what we seen so far on the show and in the comics,YJ SB has physical powers,that are SUPER,but still below Matchs physical powers,with super hearing and infra red vision,and in the comics nuSB has TK with enhanced strength,and a SUPER metabolism for healing etc.

    these two versions are already clearly moving in the same direction,nuSB more physically doing so,while YJ SBs super senses could be expliained as TK sensory powers(just look at how i is portrayed in the comics)and now he has a huge story reason to get TK powers.

    miss martian has regular TK,while the nuSB has TK through use of a powerful field around his body,aslong as they explain any TK powers YJSB has by saying "TK field" ,or has to come in contact with his TK field then they are different enough to be displayed at the same time.YJSB would use it mainly for flight,strength,durability,and sometimes blowing stuff up,while megan uses it to move things without touching them.

    nuSB is already moving in the YJSBs way,he has enhanced strength(which will only be getting stronger over time) and kryptonian metabolism,so he is closer to YJ then YJ is to nu right now.

    oh and i didnt have to change history to think these theories up,just take the story as shown to the next level.
    stephens, giving him TK (any at all) just will not work. Why? Because of Ms. M and Rocket (Icon's sidekick). Ms. M has full telekinesis and it is depicted as her eyes turning green and then her affecting the world around her. Rockets powers are he ability to make and control force fields (sound like anyone we know?) her force fields are a pink color and she can encase herself in them for protection and power (again sound like anyone we know?) She can also put a field around other things that are not her.

    Now Superboy had a chance for TTK before Rocket showed up (a small chance) but now that chance is gone. If he got any TK what so ever he would instantly look redundant. They would also have to make the power a new color (say blue or red) and it would just look ridiculous to have Aqualad glow blue, the Ms. M's eye go green, the yellow sparks from KF's powers, Rockets pink energy all over the place, and to top things off Superboy's new found TK glowing blue, red, white, or whatever.

    It would all just be visually unpleasing to the eye and extremely cumbersome to the point where it would make the team it self look over powered. And lets not forget that we have two human team members in the group (Robin and Artemis) how are they going to look when the rest of the team starts glowing and using energy powers out of nowhere? How's that going to look?

    Yes the entire rest of the team already has powers and they do not but it's just not so in your face all the time. It allows for a visual harmony with in the team.

    Superboy having Tk or even TTk is a no go at this point. You just can't have that many people with virtually the same power all running around it just looks bad.

  12. #42
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    They don't need to "merge" them, but there does need to be some consistency on Superboy's look, powers, and personality. Every other character is like that, why not Superboy. We don't need so many different versions of Kon-El.
    This is exactly what needs to happen.there is a nu52,a earth one,a earth 2,a smallville,and probably more versions of superman,BUT they all have tue same powers,all wear capes,all do the hero thing,why cant we get a lil consistency with kon?
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  13. #43
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    stephens, giving him TK (any at all) just will not work. Why? Because of Ms. M and Rocket (Icon's sidekick). Ms. M has full telekinesis and it is depicted as her eyes turning green and then her affecting the world around her. Rockets powers are he ability to make and control force fields (sound like anyone we know?) her force fields are a pink color and she can encase herself in them for protection and power (again sound like anyone we know?) She can also put a field around other things that are not her.

    Now Superboy had a chance for TTK before Rocket showed up (a small chance) but now that chance is gone. If he got any TK what so ever he would instantly look redundant. They would also have to make the power a new color (say blue or red) and it would just look ridiculous to have Aqualad glow blue, the Ms. M's eye go green, the yellow sparks from KF's powers, Rockets pink energy all over the place, and to top things off Superboy's new found TK glowing blue, red, white, or whatever.

    It would all just be visually unpleasing to the eye and extremely cumbersome to the point where it would make the team it self look over powered. And lets not forget that we have two human team members in the group (Robin and Artemis) how are they going to look when the rest of the team starts glowing and using energy powers out of nowhere? How's that going to look?

    Yes the entire rest of the team already has powers and they do not but it's just not so in your face all the time. It allows for a visual harmony with in the team.



    Superboy having Tk or even TTk is a no go at this point. You just can't have that many people with virtually the same power all running around it just looks bad.

    Superlad im gonna have to completley disagree with everything you said,and actually think your last post was kinda silly for you,cause you post some really smart analysis on here.

    Miss martian has full TK,but not a TK field,she doesnt amp her physical powers with it
    Rocket has a interia belt,that makes her able to absorb then hit you back with the force or greater you hit her with,she doesnt amp her physical abilities,and she doesnt have TK,only force field abilities

    If SB got either physical touch or TK field touch TK he wouldnt use it or look anything like megan,he would use it to amp his physical powers to superman levels,and fly.also he would more likely blow crap up like mechanical stuff and the ground,nothing like miss martian or rocket.

    He is limited now on the show,and its staring him right in the face,he has kals acceptance now,but he can never live up to his standards,thats why his original and patented power TTK should be used,he would finally be able to live up to supermans standards,but in his own unique way.

    Remember on here and all over the net ppl used to say SB was a full clone of kal,well that changed didnt it,adding "his" power to his powerset could happen just as easily.

    Also nuSBs TTK sense looks just like YJ SBs infra red vision,and we already know nuSBs TTK senses allow him to hear thijgs human ears can not,thats why i said YJ SBs supposed infra red vision and super hearing is actually TTK senses he just doesnt know it yet.
    That way he has golden age physical powers,which dont include any sensory powers,and will someday have his TTK,to bring those golden age power levels up to modern levels,let him fly,have sensory powers,and let him manipulate things by making contact with it.it would be the perfect way to go.

    Oh and using to many colors for a reason for him not to have the power is silly,he might glow red,or glow transparent,who knows,but your arguement could never be used,just look at the JL,thats like a freaking rainbow of colors,and they are here to stay.


    Btw the nuSB has golden age powers already,which he has shown by having enhanced strength,increased durability,and a evolutionary superior physical body.i think he will be able to block bullets and lift large cars when his body has fully matured,oh and thats what YJ SB can do folks.

    Oh and the big differnece between nu Kon and kal is that kals body absorbs and processes energy and uses it for powers,while nu SBs is its own power source and will get stronger as he trains his mind and gets older.
    Oh and supermans and SBs normal healing abilities are probably equal,but solar energy speeds up kals,while kons would speed up by focussing his mind on himself.
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Superlad im gonna have to completley disagree with everything you said,and actually think your last post was kinda silly for you,cause you post some really smart analysis on here.

    Miss martian has full TK,but not a TK field,she doesnt amp her physical powers with it
    Rocket has a interia belt,that makes her able to absorb then hit you back with the force or greater you hit her with,she doesnt amp her physical abilities,and she doesnt have TK,only force field abilities

    If SB got either physical touch or TK field touch TK he wouldnt use it or look anything like megan,he would use it to amp his physical powers to superman levels,and fly.also he would more likely blow crap up like mechanical stuff and the ground,nothing like miss martian or rocket.

    He is limited now on the show,and its staring him right in the face,he has kals acceptance now,but he can never live up to his standards,thats why his original and patented power TTK should be used,he would finally be able to live up to supermans standards,but in his own unique way.

    Remember on here and all over the net ppl used to say SB was a full clone of kal,well that changed didnt it,adding "his" power to his powerset could happen just as easily.

    Also nuSBs TTK sense looks just like YJ SBs infra red vision,and we already know nuSBs TTK senses allow him to hear thijgs human ears can not,thats why i said YJ SBs supposed infra red vision and super hearing is actually TTK senses he just doesnt know it yet.
    That way he has golden age physical powers,which dont include any sensory powers,and will someday have his TTK,to bring those golden age power levels up to modern levels,let him fly,have sensory powers,and let him manipulate things by making contact with it.it would be the perfect way to go.

    Oh and using to many colors for a reason for him not to have the power is silly,he might glow red,or glow transparent,who knows,but your arguement could never be used,just look at the JL,thats like a freaking rainbow of colors,and they are here to stay.


    Btw the nuSB has golden age powers already,which he has shown by having enhanced strength,increased durability,and a evolutionary superior physical body.i think he will be able to block bullets and lift large cars when his body has fully matured,oh and thats what YJ SB can do folks.

    Oh and the big differnece between nu Kon and kal is that kals body absorbs and processes energy and uses it for powers,while nu SBs is its own power source and will get stronger as he trains his mind and gets older.
    Oh and supermans and SBs normal healing abilities are probably equal,but solar energy speeds up kals,while kons would speed up by focussing his mind on himself.
    And I'm going to have to completely disagree with you. TK field or regular TK makes no differences if it leads to just telekinetic feats. If he could move a boulder from the distance like Miss Martian, is the audience going to care if he has a tk field or not. They see tk, he has tk. The fact that it has to be nuanced is a problem especially if you're going to create visual and power based dynamic harmony among a group of people with abilities. The use of colors is not silly. Talk to most animators and story tellers that is actually one of the things to consider. Also please do not spoil anything from the show. Its also quite possible that he will get the rest of the powers but that he'll get them slowly.The golden age Superman could not be impaled by a sword or be knockdown by a tire iron, or physically assaulted by human strikes such as when ravager and grunge kicked him. Superboy broke Grunge's neck with a well placed kick any martial artist could pull off. Many martial artists could punch through a skull and that doesn't mean super strength. He survived Grunge's assault due to his healing factor much like Wolverine. I take it your a telekinetophile. Is it really that important to you that he has telekinesis? Would you like him at all if he didn't? No disrespect but it seems that is all you really care about. As for the energy processing, we will have to wait and see. It hasn't been explicitly stated but if he has Kryptonian metabolism, then that would mean an ability to process solar energy, but that's my hypothesis. Much of what Lobdell has quoted verses what is done leaves much to be desired. Granted this is a new universe and much of the writers are acutally going on the fly, many things change especially when new information comes up. Now look, speculation is good but remember to point that out instead of outright stating something.

  15. #45
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Superlad im gonna have to completley disagree with everything you said,and actually think your last post was kinda silly for you,cause you post some really smart analysis on here.

    Miss martian has full TK,but not a TK field,she doesnt amp her physical powers with it
    Rocket has a interia belt,that makes her able to absorb then hit you back with the force or greater you hit her with,she doesnt amp her physical abilities,and she doesnt have TK,only force field abilities

    If SB got either physical touch or TK field touch TK he wouldnt use it or look anything like megan,he would use it to amp his physical powers to superman levels,and fly.also he would more likely blow crap up like mechanical stuff and the ground,nothing like miss martian or rocket.

    He is limited now on the show,and its staring him right in the face,he has kals acceptance now,but he can never live up to his standards,thats why his original and patented power TTK should be used,he would finally be able to live up to supermans standards,but in his own unique way.

    Remember on here and all over the net ppl used to say SB was a full clone of kal,well that changed didnt it,adding "his" power to his powerset could happen just as easily.

    Also nuSBs TTK sense looks just like YJ SBs infra red vision,and we already know nuSBs TTK senses allow him to hear thijgs human ears can not,thats why i said YJ SBs supposed infra red vision and super hearing is actually TTK senses he just doesnt know it yet.
    That way he has golden age physical powers,which dont include any sensory powers,and will someday have his TTK,to bring those golden age power levels up to modern levels,let him fly,have sensory powers,and let him manipulate things by making contact with it.it would be the perfect way to go.

    Oh and using to many colors for a reason for him not to have the power is silly,he might glow red,or glow transparent,who knows,but your arguement could never be used,just look at the JL,thats like a freaking rainbow of colors,and they are here to stay.


    Btw the nuSB has golden age powers already,which he has shown by having enhanced strength,increased durability,and a evolutionary superior physical body.i think he will be able to block bullets and lift large cars when his body has fully matured,oh and thats what YJ SB can do folks.

    Oh and the big differnece between nu Kon and kal is that kals body absorbs and processes energy and uses it for powers,while nu SBs is its own power source and will get stronger as he trains his mind and gets older.
    Oh and supermans and SBs normal healing abilities are probably equal,but solar energy speeds up kals,while kons would speed up by focussing his mind on himself.
    Ok I'm gonna respect your opinion and I'll also thank you for your compliment at the start.

    But let me address somethings:

    1. Your speculation of Superboy (in the DCNU) having "golden age" power levels is just that speculation. Please don't talk about it as if it is fact. Scott has already said (in a comicvine interview) that Superboy's body is acclamation to use his powers. This was made in story apparent in issue #3 where he remarks "perhaps not everyone's physiology can withstand telekinetic hyper acceleration". He says this after he sees the girl he just flew home throw up from the flight.

    In that same issue Superboy is hit by a tire iron (and hurt) and burnt. Both of these things are things that a golden age powered Superman would have no trouble at all with.....oh yea and he was stabbed remember (issue 7).

    Yes he is stronger than most humans but more in the way Cap. America is stronger, not like Superman and you have no conclusive evidence to say otherwise.

    You may wanna say that it is a "latent" power such as his healing factor but as said in story the power came about because the situation i.e. his body was hurt so it needed to heal. But if that's the case then when he got stabbed in the fist place or knocked around why didn't his durability come about?

    The most we will likely see is his that when his is around Superman's age he will be just a bit stronger physically. Not because he is his own power source or any thing but just because he is now a young man in the prime of his life.

    Scott literally keeps on assuring us that all he really has is TK and nothing else. I've known about his physical power for some time now. Also I really really don't think that Superboy's healing is anywhere close to Superman's because as said in Action comics #5 Superman says that "I've shaken off WORSE (in bold print) than a brain hemorrhage". Superman is saying that having a lead pellet full of 30 people regrow INSIDE his brain wouldn't really matter or even effect him. Even the 30 people inside his head know that a plan like that wouldn't even slow him down and would actually have a better chance of killing them.

    Then we have Action comics #2 where Superman (at REAL golden age power levels) is being electrocuted, poison gas constantly being pumped into the room and he had just been hit by a bullet train going 200 mph (this was the only way they could even catch him) and even after all of that his captors try and get a blood sample but his body heals far to fast for them to even get the needle to him. To also note a few other things: Superman's heart rate while being electrocuted would speed up then instantly go back to normal almost as if it never happened. Also Lex couldn't get an x-ray of Superman because of his body. Now take all of that and add 5 years of constantly getting stronger and Superboy just looks like a normal human with TK to Superman. Even the extremely young Superman from the flash back in issue #6 is stronger. He was able to ram himself into a charging bull and stop it where it stood, and when he was even younger his father asked him to put a TRACTOR on top of a bank building as a joke. Superboy got hit in the head by a tire iron.....

    Hold off on jumping to thing before you have facts to go on.


    2. As for young justice: I stand by what I say. I know it sound dumb but that's how you have to think when you are doing a tv show about a super hero team. So yes lets look at JL, specifically Bruce Tim's JL. We have Superman, Batman, Flash, WW, HG, MM, and GL.

    All of them have visually different powers in the show (there is no rainbow aside from what they have on) Let focus on Superman, WW, and MM. All have strength speed and durability but who shows off those powers the most? SUPERMAN. But why? WW has all of that and so does MM why does Superman only get to use it? Because he is known for it, HIS IS THE MOST POWERFUL, and the others had other powers for the most part.

    Do you know that a friend of mine didn't even realize that MM have any of Superman's powers let alone close to his power level? Why do you think this happened? Because it's how he was portrayed to move the show along. Just like how if there was some wall or something in front of the team. Do you know what they would do? Have MM move through it because Superman forgot that he can super speed his way through a wall like Flash.

    Now lets go to YJ: Did you know that the creator actually said that they changed the Ms M and MM's powers just so things wouldn't be redundant with having Superboy on the team (he actually said this). Now if they would go through all that to make the team balanced why on earth would you kill that by giving him TK in any way?

    I will say though that I totally forgot about Rockets powers but my point is still there it looks like TK and if they tried to intro Superboy's TK then it would probably clash.

    3. Superboy being half human didn't change it was always there and it was always intended but cartoon network just took too long in airing the episodes and the fans started speculating when they didn't know all the facts. This whole show and its whole direction was conceived before the new DCU, and the majority of season 2 is already made.

    The creators answers to fans, like yourself, who want TK is "no that's not one of Superman's powers".


    At this stage I think the best thing to do is just like you said say prolonged exposure to shields over a short amount of time (like during that parasite episode where he just kept on using them...that couldn't have been good) actually helped him gain those powers.

    This would keep with in the lines of the show and the team itself. Also as an aside: do you really think Superman is that shallow to feel that because Superboy doesn't have all of his powers he can't live up to him? No.

    I think you should do some research on the show and get in contact with the creator (look up his blog) and ask him your self if you just don't wanna believe.


    I think TK's a cool idea, just not for this show.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •