View Poll Results: How do you feel about Hawkeye x Spider-Woman relationship?

Voters
108. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes. They are made for each other

16 14.81%
  • No. He's using her to get Mockingbird back

82 75.93%
  • It might lead to marriage, like Reed and Susan Richards

12 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    It's just a misleading cover. Hasn't any of you ever read a comic before?
    Except it is Bendis. He's done this thing before.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdulabulbul_Amir View Post
    Except it is Bendis. He's done this thing before.
    No he hasn't. He had Steve have meaningless, possibly mind controlled kiss with that elf chick, which was OOC, but didn't have any lasting consequences or plot relevance at all outside that one Bendis story. And Brubaker did the same thing, almost, by having Steve make out with Cindy Glassbot. (I mean, it was much more believable when Brubaker wrote it, but he did write the same kind of thing.)

The Spider-woman/Iron Fist story Bendis wrote is probably out of continuity, and, in any case, has never been acknowledged outside that one story.

If Clint and Natasha really hooked up, it would probably have consequences outside the Bendis books, because Clint and Natasha are regular cast members in other books. Bendis has never done any dumb pairing thing that bled over into other books, while this book is specifically pitched on being self-contained. And really, he's been building up his Hawkeye/Spider-woman romance in Avengers, so he'd have to derail his own work for this, too.

But yeah, what if Brubaker wanted to break them up and Bendis just pounced on the opportunity?

I'm "surprised" that they don't do this more often.
    [Level 1 antagonism]
    Homer: Ned Flanders, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.
    Ned: Well howdy, Homer! Thanks for dropping by!
    [Level 2 antagonism]
    Homer: Past instances in which I professed to like you, were fraudulent.
    Ned: Oh well. I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for dropping by!
    [Maximum hostility factor]
    Homer: I engaged in intercourse with your spouse or significant other. Now that's psychiatry!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    No he hasn't. He had Steve have meaningless, possibly mind controlled kiss with that elf chick, which was OOC, but didn't have any lasting consequences or plot relevance at all outside that one Bendis story. And Brubaker did the same thing, almost, by having Steve make out with Cindy Glassbot. (I mean, it was much more believable when Brubaker wrote it, but he did write the same kind of thing.)
    Well Steve never thinks about Sharon, and its only Tony that mentions her as someone random, and it is treated like a joke.
    And it really was meaningless, it brought nothing to the story and seemed overall self-indulgent.

The Spider-woman/Iron Fist story Bendis wrote is probably out of continuity, and, in any case, has never been acknowledged outside that one story.

If Clint and Natasha really hooked up, it would probably have consequences outside the Bendis books, because Clint and Natasha are regular cast members in other books. Bendis has never done any dumb pairing thing that bled over into other books, while this book is specifically pitched on being self-contained. And really, he's been building up his Hawkeye/Spider-woman romance in Avengers, so he'd have to derail his own work for this, too.
    I'm pretty sure Jessica/Clint is where he's headed. But you never know, maybe he wants a couple of hurdles on the way to drive the story.

Maybe Clint and Natasha hook up and it causes Clint to realize he wants Jessica, while Natasha acts supportive to his choice and say something hackeneyed without ever showing a sign of guilt.

But maybe I', just pessimistic. I really do hope I'm wrong.

But yeah, what if Brubaker wanted to break them up and Bendis just pounced on the opportunity?
    Winter Soldier #8, which is out in the same month, has Bucky and Nat fighting each other. So, maybe. Though it could be another instance of editorial demanding movie-related changes, I can always trust Brubaker to make the absolute best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdulabulbul_Amir View Post
    Well Steve never thinks about Sharon, and its only Tony that mentions her as someone random, and it is treated like a joke.
    And it really was meaningless, it brought nothing to the story and seemed overall self-indulgent.
    I didn't say it was well written or in character, just that it didn't go anywhere and Steve's relationship with Sharon was ultimately unaffected.

I'm pretty sure Jessica/Clint is where he's headed. But you never know, maybe he wants a couple of hurdles on the way to drive the story.

Maybe Clint and Natasha hook up and it causes Clint to realize he wants Jessica, while Natasha acts supportive to his choice and say something hackeneyed without ever showing a sign of guilt.
    That seems off, just because Avengers Assemble is supposed to be its own self-contained thing. With that editorial goal, I don't think they'd make it a stepping stone for the romance arc in Avengers, especially if the conclusion happens in another book. That's the exact kind of potentially-confusing crossover that they're trying to avoid. But yeah, I think it's just a fake-out, attention grab cover.

Winter Soldier #8, which is out in the same month, has Bucky and Nat fighting each other. So, maybe. Though it could be another instance of editorial demanding movie-related changes, I can always trust Brubaker to make the absolute best of it.
    Or it could be that cutting Bucky off from Natasha, after he's already cut himself off from the rest of the world, is good fodder for drama. Like I said, I think this is a fakeout— Clint and Natasha have an issue that maybe touches on their past affair, but don't get back together. Bucky and Natasha fight, but it's ~not what it seems~ and are back together at the end of it. But, even if it is something else, it's not like we know the hows and whys.

Or it could be that cutting Bucky off from Natasha, after he's already cut himself off from the rest of the world, is good fodder for drama. Like I said, I think this is a fakeoutóClint and Natasha have an issue that maybe touches on their past affair, but don't get back together. Bucky and Natasha fight, but it's ~not what it seems~ and are back together at the end of it. But, even if it is something else, it's not like we know the hows and whys.
    There has always been a lot of unresolved tension between Natasha and Clint. It would be interesting to see the upcoming issue that goes into their past history together. I agree that I doubt that there would be a revival of a romantic relationship between them. Especially now that he's with Jessica Drew. I could see Clint, Jessica, and Natasha working together in his solo series. However, I could definitely see Mockingbird, Spider-Woman working with Hawkeye on an equal basis in future stories as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    There has always been a lot of unresolved tension between Natasha and Clint. It would be interesting to see the upcoming issue that goes into their past history together. I agree that I doubt that there would be a revival of a romantic relationship between them. Especially now that he's with Jessica Drew. I could see Clint, Jessica, and Natasha working together in his solo series. However, I could definitely see Mockingbird, Spider-Woman working with Hawkeye on an equal basis in future stories as well.
    I think their tension is pretty resolved at this point: they've both moved on several times over, and their team-ups have been totally platonic for a while now. I don't think seeing some new tension cropped up is unrealistic, but I do think it's a change from where we've seen them lately.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    Hawkeye is such a playa.
    Although Hawkeye does have his share of lovers, he isn't truly a "playa". He truly loves/loved almost all of the women he was involved with--he really isn't a casual sex type of guy.

Clint is a guy who falls in love fast, and falls hard. With Black Widow, he barely met her before he was in love enough with her to be commiting treason. He fell hard for Wanda too, although that was unrequited. He fell so hard for Sheila Danning that he was nearly suicidal when he found out that she was only dating him to distract him from corruption at CTE. He married Mockingbird after knowing her for less than a week! He fell in love with Moonstone, despite warnings from several friends and teammates about her manipulative nature. It looked like he was developing feelings for Echo...but then his long-lost wife returned from the dead, and that kinda trumped whatever budding feelings were happening there.

I'm not saying Clint never has casual flings (his brief fling with librarian Maryanne during Nicieza's HAWKEYE series, for example), but as a general rule he honestly and deeply cares about the women he sleeps with. He's not a Tony Stark-type womanizer, and never has been.

lol yeah he "loves" having sex with all these women.
    FAdam K- How do you read comics and sit around on this board and not know who Gorilla Man is after the last couple of years??

Boycott #1 issues!!!!!

Where is red hulk's moustache?

Hawkeye is a freaking jerk trying to make Mockingbird pissed at him. All this is happening while Jessica is just trying string him on until she finds a man that can truly satify her.
    TEAM TEEN JEAN 2013!!

*2,000,000th X-Books Forum post goes to...Yours truly Vivica Kang*

Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tommyman View Post
    Awful, awful couple.
    Under Bendis, he's a giant ineffectual douchebag, and she's a whiny cretin whose qualification for being in the Avengers is "got kidnapped then turned up crying afterwards".
    As has been noted, their "chemistry" is non-existent and the whole relationship reads like fan-fic written by a special needs valley girl with a Timotei fixation.
    Oh snap. Thats a perfect description of this "relationship."

Quote Originally Posted by Vivica Kang View Post
    Hawkeye is a freaking jerk trying to make Mockingbird pissed at him. All this is happening while Jessica is just trying string him on until she finds a man that can truly satisfy her.
    The only man who could truly satisfy Jessica Drew is: Peter Parker!!!! Nuff said!!!!

Yeah, the Hawkeye and Spider-Woman relationship is pretty contrived, but I think old Hawkeye is getting a pretty tough shake in this thread.

Hawkeye is on rebound and Spider-Woman is lonely - so a fling makes a bit of sense from the "both been through a lot" perspective maybe.

I have seen no evidence Hawk is trying to upset or make Mock jealous. That seems a bit far fetched to me. Clint tried REAL hard to reconcile and was repeatedly and firmly rejected. He went nuts when Mock was near death and saved her life with that formula injection.

Going way back in history, I also remember NOTHING that indicated Clint felt "cheated on" when Mock was drugged/controlled. I need to go back and re-read, and wrong as Clint might have been, it seemed to me that it was written that he didn't like the fact that Mock let the already defeated villain fall to his death (killing) and that Mock didn't tell him. That is fair to have issue with - not sure I'd call him a terrible husband outside the lack of support for the abuse Mock went through. You need to remember that with the PC fashion under the Comic Code the books were written in at the time, the issue of rape/abuse was glossed over/ignored (and I think this makes Hawk look bad, a bit unfairly).

Hawkeye is a bit of a dog, but folks forget he is naive with women. He got involved with Black Widow as a teen. He has been manipulated and used in relationships before (there was a character from his solo series shown as a partner that started this pattern - back in the circus days). Clint is still insecure in relationships. He didn't exactly have a great family life to teach him anything. Usually his heart is in the right place, just filled with a little extra testosterone - which comes in handy when he has to go into combat without Godhood, Billion dollar suits of armour, or gamma rays to give him an edge.

Relationship doesn't make a ton of sense, not totally unbelievable either, BUT, Clint is getting a pretty hard depiction in some of the comments in this thread. Someone has to defend old Hawkeye!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryCanadian View Post
    Going way back in history, I also remember NOTHING that indicated Clint felt "cheated on" when Mock was drugged/controlled. I need to go back and re-read, and wrong as Clint might have been, it seemed to me that it was written that he didn't like the fact that Mock let the already defeated villain fall to his death (killing) and that Mock didn't tell him. That is fair to have issue with - not sure I'd call him a terrible husband outside the lack of support for the abuse Mock went through. You need to remember that with the PC fashion under the Comic Code the books were written in at the time, the issue of rape/abuse was glossed over/ignored (and I think this makes Hawk look bad, a bit unfairly).
    Feel free to go back and read it. He takes the Phantom Rider's claims at face value without even bothering to ask Bobbi if it's true. Also, when Bobbi is confessing to Jan, Hank, Wanda and the others in Pietro's cell, it comes as close to saying "he raped me" as the comics code would allow; certainly subsequent writers such as McCann who read the WCA issues as kids as I did feel that way also.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Scansssssssssssssssssssssssss

Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco