Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Omg you guys. This was a mess. But the voting works now. Here it is . http://projectxover.tumblr.com/post/...-be-eliminated
    XPOTM:September 2010

It's a tie right now! I'm closing the polls in about seven hours, so get your votes in.

IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING:

Every new issue brings a new set of people into the story - many of them obscure and under-used. I appreciate them being used, but at the same time they're not going to elicit WHOA from anyone apart from seasoned X-Men readers. Each issue would only appeal to a small demographic of people. At some point you have to decide upon your big villain and focus on them, instead of increasingly bringing in new villains to distract people. The solicitations pack in an awful lot of things, and I'm not sure you'd be able to deliver on them all. I'm guessing the wedding is a fake? But obviously these are just solicits, so we can't know. I like your choices of characters for the book, but I just don't think you'd be able to focus on them enough to make an impact.

THE MAGNUS SOLUTION:

I like this one, although there isn't any punching until the end. I think Wolverine wouldn't consider this at all, but would instead try and kill Magneto on-sight. There's more drama in the story than you use, and you should try to focus on getting that into the narrative and giving readers some explosions as a result. Cyclops' team aren't as involved as they perhaps should be, as one of the Extinction Team just went AWOL and tried to abduct a child. Cyclops should be far more angry and involved that he is.

DEVIL'S DEBT

X-23 should die. This is again a story with a lot of talking and not much action - which can work. Yet for a story which features an X-Man murdering an Avengers, there's very little war coming about as a result. This would cause a violent anger between the two teams which would result in AvX2 happening almost immediately. I think Cyclops is out of character, although Magneto is thoroughly in-character. The last-minute twist is somewhat interesting, although I'm not sure many readers would understand it - the last reveal of an event shouldn't be obscure.

MAGNETO WAS RIGHT:

Isn't Magneto meant to come out of this as a villain? Regardless, I like the approach towards Polaris, and the overall idea for a story. Sadie Sinclair wouldn't have any jurisdiction over X-Factor or Westchester, as she's only in charge of San Fran. She'd quickly be fired for this.

FINAL MADNESS:

I like it, although the solicits are super, super-vague about what's going to actually happen. Instead of having Magneto go back to evil, you just kill him off straightaway though, which would make this story somewhat abrupt. You take Magneto, turn him evil, and kill him. Magneto fans are going to HATE YOU!

Thank you Seresecros! Your critiques were helpful, as always.

sorry they're a little rushed

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    No need to apologize. You're doing us all a favor.

Sadly, RE Barnes has been eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Sadly, RE Barnes has been eliminated.
    Which one was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn View Post
    Which one was that?
    I wrote The Magnus Solution. Thanks for putting this together again washout, it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn View Post
    Which one was that?
    Sorry! I'll make sure I state that next time. I was in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by R.E. Barnes View Post
    I wrote The Magnus Solution. Thanks for putting this together again washout, it was fun.
    Thank you for participating!

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    No need to apologize. You're doing us all a favor.
    I enjoy the constructive criticism. I was wondering myself how we made it to the elimiation poll.
    Is there a way of knowing what the other judge thought too?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    I enjoy the constructive criticism. I was wondering myself how we made it to the elimiation poll.
    Is there a way of knowing what the other judge thought too?
    It's up to him to say. However, I will say that this week, Seresecros was unable to send in his elimination, so Boozier picked two out of the three teams that went to elimination.

Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    Rushed or not, your critiques are a great help - makes our work harder but also that much more fun trying to create something better all the time, thanks!