Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Dead And Bloated should have gotten the air time Plush got.

Quote Originally Posted by RickThunderclees View Post
    Any over-produced piece of crap tune by the band, Fun. RAGE
    They have a fairly decent live sound. The over-production on the CD is not to cover up any inadequacies in talent from what I can tell. I find Some Nights an enjoyable listen, even knowing that they are accused of heavy auto-tuning. I still like a raw vocal performance even if there are some pitch problems, but I'm not offended by Fun's use of auto-tune. They still have to write and compose the songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Dead And Bloated should have gotten the air time Plush got.
    It got played a lot on a station here in the Denver area as they recognized how awesome the song was.

See, where I lived I never heard it until I bought the tape.

YES, I said TAPE. :)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The number of radio stations playing 1950s rock 'n roll is steadily diminishing.

Presently, none of L.A.'s oldies stations play anything older than 1964 anymore. The early Beatles songs are the cutoff point for how old they'll go: you don't hear Chuck Berry, Elvis, or Buddy Holly on KRTH 101 anymore these days. You *do* hear Hall and Oates and the Police, though: that's what qualifies as "oldies" now.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yeah them playing 80s songs on oldies stations is not helping me feel any younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The number of radio stations playing 1950s rock 'n roll is steadily diminishing.

Presently, none of L.A.'s oldies stations play anything older than 1964 anymore. The early Beatles songs are the cutoff point for how old they'll go: you don't hear Chuck Berry, Elvis, or Buddy Holly on KRTH 101 anymore these days. You *do* hear Hall and Oates and the Police, though: that's what qualifies as "oldies" now.

KRTH used to be one of my favorite stations when I was still living in California. It's a damn shame to hear that they went down the tubes. Hall and Oates and The Police are fine, but it's not what I would expect on KRTH.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfCups View Post
    KRTH used to be one of my favorite stations when I was still living in California. It's a damn shame to hear that they went down the tubes. Hall and Oates and The Police are fine, but it's not what I would expect on KRTH.
    KRTH hasn't gone down the tubes commercially. It still boasts solid ratings for an "oldies" station, but its playlist has definitely evolved: the 1950s are out (and have been, as far as I can tell, for at least half a decade now, if not longer), and the 1980s are in. It's a totally new way to view the playlist of an "oldies" station.

But it's just as well: I couldn't stomach KRTH (or any other oldies station) playing "The Midnight Hour," "(Reach Out) I'll Be There," or "My Girl" one more time. During the 1980s and 1990s, KRTH abused the *hell* out of the same dozen or so Motown or Stax/Volt hits. Even *within* those two record companies, there were many more hits than KRTH seemed willing to put into their rotation.

Last edited by Buried Alien; 04-12-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Somebody That You Used To Know - Gotye

being australian and having been a fan of Wally's since he first started Gotye, I cant hear this song butchered anymore by all the different TV mediums (I'm looking at you Glee, Idol, The Voice) That and when I saw him at Webster Hall recently it kinda sickened me that 70% of the attended crowd were there just for the one song and talked during all his other, older material.

BANNED

Probably not as catchy as their other songs.

I always thing STP was better as a psychedlic pop group via the Tiny Music album.

Their rock stuff doesn't really impress me especially in comparison to the bands they where compared too.

"Innocent"
    "Smack That"
    "Sorry Mama"
    I am sick and tired of hearing these.

Not to sound like such a horrible person. But any overly produce pop "Gay-Rights" songs. No Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Pink..... Everyone is not a special flower, snowflake or firework.... Stop trying to cash in on it.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    Not to sound like such a horrible person. But any overly produce pop "Gay-Rights" songs. No Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Pink..... Everyone is not a special flower, snowflake or firework.... Stop trying to cash in on it.
    I'm not exactly sure what you even mean. "Gay rights" songs? Ok Gaga had Born This Way, but that was more of a acceptance of who you are song, not a gay rights song. Katy Perry i wouldn't know, i can't stand her, but Pink!? Not sure i have ever heard anything "gay rights" from her.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

Pretty much any Led Zepplin song they over play on the radio. I do still enjoy it when I catch a Zepplin tune they don't play alot though.

And Pink Floyd. I furicken hate that band with a fiery passion straight from hell. Probably comes from my stoner freinds bakc in the day playing that goddamned Wall movie every chance they got.

Add to my list anything by Flo Rida.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottmeister X View Post
    They have a fairly decent live sound. The over-production on the CD is not to cover up any inadequacies in talent from what I can tell. I find Some Nights an enjoyable listen, even knowing that they are accused of heavy auto-tuning. I still like a raw vocal performance even if there are some pitch problems, but I'm not offended by Fun's use of auto-tune. They still have to write and compose the songs.
    Aim & Ignite was such a phenomenal album when it came out but I'm really sick of the people who are currently swooning over them off of a single (love that they're getting the support they deserve) but it affects long time listeners especially in the way of long time fans missing out on concert tickets.