Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,943

    Default 50 greatest Spider-Man Covers. #50-41

    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    Amazing Fantasy #15 better not win.

  3. #3
    All out of miracles SpideyCzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nerdy South
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Not a bad list...so far. Not a fan of the #36 Vol 2 cover, I know the signifigance of it, but I wouldn't put it in my top 50. Wish CBR had a better way to vote on these than just replying to one of their blogs.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

    Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    N/A on Comicbookresources
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    How is Amazing Spider-Man #135 on the list????

    Punisher-wise, I would say ASM #129.

    Tarantula-wise, I would say Spectacular Spider-Man #1.

  5. #5
    All out of miracles SpideyCzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nerdy South
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    How is Amazing Spider-Man #135 on the list????

    Punisher-wise, I would say ASM #129.

    Tarantula-wise, I would say Spectacular Spider-Man #1.
    Prob for design and signifigance. In this issue Harry discovers Peter is Spidey and it's the 2nd appearance of the Punisher.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

    Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

  6. #6
    Moderator Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    23,059

    Default

    I voted for 578.



    And I'd have preferred 90 and 24 being slightly higher. These are two great covers.





    I have no problems with Alex Ross's 600 cover or 136 being on the list.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    How is Amazing Spider-Man #135 on the list????

    Punisher-wise, I would say ASM #129.

    Tarantula-wise, I would say Spectacular Spider-Man #1.
    129's almost certainly going to make the list as one of the most iconic covers of the bronze age.

    135 had a cool design.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

    Formerly,
    Cyberman

    Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

  7. #7
    Junior Member AmazingDaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    135

    Default

    None of the 10 I voted for are there, hopefully they're higher!
    "Sorrow. How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi Orunitia

  8. #8
    Superior Member chicainery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,203

    Default

    Pretty good covers. I doubt I would have put Amazing #301 on the list as I'm sure that #300 will be on it too. I also agree with SpideyCzar about #36. It's significant, but not a really great cover.

    I didn't vote, for some reason, but I hope you guys picked some good ones!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Billium 3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sipping from a coconut in the Carribean.
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazingDaniel View Post
    None of the 10 I voted for are there, hopefully they're higher!
    None of mine made the list thus far, either; here's hope they're higher up, as well.
    "Seriously, where's the Hobgoblin when you need him?"--Peter Parker, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #36

    "I'm being ignored more than Roderick Kingsley"--Me.
    "Dorkiest joke ever. Use it at parties."--Steve Wacker (AKA J Jonah Wacker).

  10. #10
    Senior Member Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    I like the plain black cover. I wish it had been storyline related and the 9/11 issue had more on the cover to show that, but I can understand the simplicity approach.

    Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    Pretty good covers. I doubt I would have put Amazing #301 on the list as I'm sure that #300 will be on it too. I also agree with SpideyCzar about #36. It's significant, but not a really great cover.

    I didn't vote, for some reason, but I hope you guys picked some good ones!
    I actually like 301 better because I like the red and blue suit better, though that blurb about Silver Sable doesn't help.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

  11. #11
    Veteran Member John Zaleski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I like the plain black cover. I wish it had been storyline related and the 9/11 issue had more on the cover to show that, but I can understand the simplicity approach.



    I actually like 301 better because I like the red and blue suit better, though that blurb about Silver Sable doesn't help.
    I never voted because there's too many good ones! I really hope the first punisher one ends up high on the last though.
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

  12. #12
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    29,047

    Default The Greatest Spider-Man Covers of All-Time: #50-41

    CSBG begins its countdown of the top 50 Spider-Man covers of all time with covers by Todd McFarlane, John Romita, Steve Ditko, Alex Ross and more!


    Full article here.

  13. #13
    Exudes Awesomeness oldschool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    10,575

    Default

    Some questionable choices there IMO, even though this is the lower parts of this list---- with nearly 700 covers to choose from I can easily find more worthy choices than ASM Vol 2 #36 (how is an all-black cover a work of art??) and even ASM #90 (great issue---just ok cover IMO). The worst offender on this list, though, is the beyond-corny "Aunt May Marries Doc Ock" cover---that is a horrible story and cover to boot....a rare misstep in the otherwise great Conway run.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

  14. #14
    *blink* Chris N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    might come rambling to your town
    Posts
    17,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Some questionable choices there IMO, even though this is the lower parts of this list---- with nearly 700 covers to choose from I can easily find more worthy choices than ASM Vol 2 #36 (how is an all-black cover a work of art??) and even ASM #90 (great issue---just ok cover IMO). The worst offender on this list, though, is the beyond-corny "Aunt May Marries Doc Ock" cover---that is a horrible story and cover to boot....a rare misstep in the otherwise great Conway run.
    There are at least 3000 covers to choose from. And I disagree with your assessment.

    I think 131 is a top 50 cover. With this ring I thee web. It's funny, and among the funnier Spidey covers. In fact, one of my choices was chosen for humor value, one of the few covers I find funnier than 131.

    Issue 90 is likewise a great cover design in my mind.
    I imagine the strength of 135 lies in the design rather than the background images.

    The three covers I find out of place are:
    A pretty ugly Ditko cover, with the Sinister Six
    A pretty bland Ross cover.
    A completely black cover, a poor man's Spiegelman.

    Issue 136 was my #10 choice.
    formerly coke & comics

    Sleepwalker is Sandman done right. ~Tadhg

  15. #15
    Superior Member chicainery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris N View Post
    There are at least 3000 covers to choose from. And I disagree with your assessment.

    I think 131 is a top 50 cover. With this ring I thee web. It's funny, and among the funnier Spidey covers. In fact, one of my choices was chosen for humor value, one of the few covers I find funnier than 131.

    Issue 90 is likewise a great cover design in my mind.
    I imagine the strength of 135 lies in the design rather than the background images.

    The three covers I find out of place are:
    A pretty ugly Ditko cover, with the Sinister Six
    A pretty bland Ross cover.
    A completely black cover, a poor man's Spiegelman.

    Issue 136 was my #10 choice.
    If it's not going to spoil the top 50, which cover was the one you found funnier than 131? "With this ring, I thee---Web?" is pretty funny.

    I do think this list suffers a bit from picking covers for significance, but not necessarily great covers. I agree with the three you found out of place for that very reason.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •