Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    Actually I did notice the lies and bullshit about the British
    Thats funny because I'm british and a lot of the british forums I posted that on actually found that funny with a lot of comments saying "thats so true."

But okay, you see the african one as racist, you aren't going to see it any other way, and no matter what I say it isn't going to make any difference so I won't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Archamedes View Post
    Thats funny because I'm british and a lot of the british forums I posted that on actually found that funny with a lot of comments saying "thats so true."
    Yes, I know that a lot of EDL supporters and others on the extreme right of British politics think its fucking terrible that they can't just shoot the Pakis.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

The African one was pretty egregious which is why it was picked up pretty quickly, but I found the Middle Eastern one to be pretty bad as well.

As to why it passed without naysayers on other forums I can't really say, but perhaps its because the members here are mature enough that they don't find hurtful stereotypes amusing.

and wtf has the EDL got anything to do with this post? seriously have I mentioned anything to do with them or the fact that 'the pakis' as YOU call them the target or insinuate anything to do with that? No you know why? because I didn't and that comment is completely irrelevent and only posted in the hope that its going to stir up trouble and start something that is nothing to do with the post. You are just baiting or taking things that aren't anything to do with this post and trying to throw them at me so I'm the scapegoat

You have basically said something along the lines of this example... that the reason why kids in this country are so messed up is because the elderly now have to work longer.

and wtf has the EDL got anything to do with this post? seriously have I mentioned anything to do with them or the fact that 'the pakis' as YOU call them the target or insinuate anything to do with that? No you know why? because I didn't and that comment is completely irrelevent and only posted in the hope that its going to stir up trouble and start something that is nothing to do with the post.

You have basically said something along the lines of this example... that the reason why kids in this country are so messed up is because the elderly now have to work longer.
    Violent crime in england is at an all-time low and continues to decline.

Despite this, the tabloid media continues to make up lies about rampant crime (most of it implied or outright stated to be committed by ethnic minorities).

Ignorant racists bigots lap this stuff up and bitch about how they aren't safe in their own homes.

Your final paragraph is unusually incoherent, even for you, but the basic reason older British people
    are having to work longer is because the tories want to cut the maximum rate of incoem tax.

But so long as they keep rhetorically attacking "criminals", the unemployed, the diabled and refugees, idiots will continue to vote for them.

In closing, in future you might want to confine your efforts at humor to more receptive venues like Stormfront or the comments section of the Daily Mail since you're more likely to be well-received there.

Nevermind.

This thread has been hijacked and I want no part of it.
    Last edited by Goggindowner; 03-22-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Writers before artists.
    Artists before concepts.
    Concepts before characters.

Well I'm sorry I tried to make an effort in bringing some humor to the internet I won't bother in future, If I knew you were going to be so anal about it I would have posted a link to Buttmans big butt backdoor babes. Or would that be too offensive to the poor ducks who get attacked by drunk teenagers?

I'm logging off now as I need to iron my white shirts for work in the morning, or would it be too racist If I wore black?

Something about the elderly working longer would've been a funnier joke for England VS Zombies, really.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The African one was pretty egregious which is why it was picked up pretty quickly, but I found the Middle Eastern one to be pretty bad as well.
    The Middle Eastern one bewilders me. I mean, yeah, if an army of ravenous corpses that Should Not Be were coming at a bunch of Muslims, they probably would yell "God is great!" to boost their confidence. The joke collapses.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

It's obvious that this is meant as a joke, but that doesn't make it any less offensive. Just because you mean something as a joke doesn't mean everyone is going to find it funny. Everyone has a different sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    It is so wonderful to see that we can't even have light hearted threats about a zombie apocalypse in the Community Boards. Seriously you guys, get over it and yourselves. If you don't want to participate in the discussion, don't post.

The Texas attitude, close the boarder and shoot on sight. Probably will all be mostly drunk while we do it. Pass the beer and the buck shot!!! And the pot while we're at it.
    It's pretty easy to have a light hearted thread about the zombie apocalypse without resorting to offensive stereotypes though.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's pretty easy to have a light hearted thread about the zombie apocalypse without resorting to offensive stereotypes though.
    But it's just a joke.

Hell you could call someones mother a whore and punch her in the face and it'll be ok as long as you meant it as a joke.
    Last edited by Kasper Cole; 03-22-2012 at 04:56 PM.

How is it racism? Are you saying that doesn't happen out there or did you miss the kony video? Lighten up its meant as a joke
    My counterexample probably wasn't informative enough.

What I should've said first is that when a joke is based off of a racist stereotype, it's still a racist stereotype.

Yes, it might be funny. And professional and amateur comedians make them all the time. Part of that is about pushing the envelope and part is just going for the cheap laugh and I'm sure that there are other reasons as well. But it doesn't change that it was a racist stereotype.

These stereotypes become more damaging when people think that they might be accurate. You just stereotyped an entire continent of a billion people based on a thirty minute YouTube video. It's nice that you know something about the continent of Africa now, but it's like my counterexample. It'd be like you reading about the Trayvon Martin case and assuming that all over North America we would kill off all of our blacks not because we confused them with zombies, but simply because we thought that they might be threats even if unarmed. Or they wouldn't notice in Germany because they'd be busy in a football riot because that's what they do in the UK. But most of us have heard more than one story about the UK and Germany and can distinguish them as different nations that aren't exactly alike.

As to the perception of just Uganda, people there are upset about the Kony 2012 video because it's sensationalist, very out-of-date and paints a very inaccurate view of Uganda. Here's a blog of Rosebell Idaltu Kagumire, an Ugandan journalist. Their basic complaint is that now the only thing that anybody knows about their nation (much less the entire continent) is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    Lord's Resistance Army estimated membership: ca. 150

Population of Africa: ca, 500 million.
    You're way off. The population of Africa is about a billion now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Something about the elderly working longer would've been a funnier joke for England VS Zombies, really.

The Middle Eastern one bewilders me. I mean, yeah, if an army of ravenous corpses that Should Not Be were coming at a bunch of Muslims, they probably would yell "God is great!" to boost their confidence. The joke collapses.
    Well you have to see it in the overall perspective.

The world is divided into three groups:

America, a proper white man's country where the aryan volk is allowed to defend itself.

The filthy shitholes of the third world overrun by psychotically violent mud-men.

And Britain - where the faggot pinkoes have stripped white folk of the means to defend themselves from the subhumans.

Oh and then there's Australia which doesn't let "contaminated people" in because, you know, them Aussies is all racists.

There is a land called Passive-Agressiva, and I am their Queen.

So If It was uganda it would be any different? Seriously, you are trying to make it much more than it actually is. African militants kill african people every day, and have done for many years. The whole point of it is if there was a zombie apocalypse going on would they have stopped to notice? Funny how its only this forum out of the many other forums this has been posted on have to jump on the whole race card, when everyone else just takes it for what it is and doesn't take it too seriously.
    It's funny: not too long ago, you were pissing, moaning and whining in a thread about Joseph Kony about me bringing up the possibility that Invisible Children was shady, and part of the reason why you complained is because of said Ugandan militants and their perceived threat (which I never downplayed, but you kept claiming I was and you never even refuted any of my points).

And yet here you are stereotyping and patronizing, much like certain NGOs have done in their propaganda vids.

This is somewhat hypocritical. Next time you want to try to be funny, go about it in a different way.
    Last edited by beetlebum; 03-22-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you - Pharoahe Monch

Certi amori non finiscono. Fanno dei giri immensi, e poi ritornano ~

You've brought back Stephanie Brown. Now please bring back Helena Bertinelli!

Do the same "kill them all - wait, what about zombies?" joke for a specific country that's actually killing people, like Syria, and I doubt anyone would complain because the joke would be "isn't that regime a bunch of cunts?". Say "Africa", you're having a go at everyone there. One is mocking a target that deserves, one is furthering a foreign stereotype.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind