Default Pokemon Black/White Question

I haven't watched pokemon in years, maybe season 2 or 3, now they're on season 15, and I have a question. When did Team Rocket become capable of completing missions? I just watched an episode where they broke into a place with high tech security and managed to actually do what they set out to do, with some impressive ninja-like skills. When, and how did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by tater490 View Post
    I haven't watched pokemon in years, maybe season 2 or 3, now they're on season 15, and I have a question. When did Team Rocket become capable of completing missions? I just watched an episode where they broke into a place with high tech security and managed to actually do what they set out to do, with some impressive ninja-like skills. When, and how did this happen?
    Not a watcher of the anime, but apparently they went so far into mind-blowing incompetence that they somehow managed to cross the into competence once Black/White started.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Giovanni promoted them at the start of the Black and White season and they decided to give it their all to try to match up to his expectations.

So apparently all they needed was a confidence boost.

Mind you, they've always had crazy skills. They're just actually using them intelligently now.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.