Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    OOC: Just noticed this. I only mentioned J'onn as 4 because that was the number in the first quote, and I was trying to figure out why he got voted out with fewer votes than Damsel (who had two additional votes cast after that quote). Then you showed the actual tally with the Censor's censored vote for Damsel, and... now I'm really confused about how it all went down. Ah, well, the show goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    OOC: Okay, I'm officially confused now, too.
    OOC: My best guess is still that some of us mistook Asuna Vesperina Theotanasia Entheofushia, The Princess of Dusk, for two people because her name is so long.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 04-11-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    Beverly Allen--The Bee, with honey and stinger

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Straight up Henching, yo The Purple Skull's Avatar

EARTH-III

Quote Originally Posted by Shulkie View Post
    She grabs Bulldozer by the back of his collar and small of his back, careening him and charging into the other villains!

"Did you already get a head-start without me? These guys aren't speaking with enough "thees" and "thous" to make Thor's head spin."
    "Honestly Jen, with all the crap that's happened to me these past few days, I just needed to hit something."

"Well if you want to hit something, why don't you try hitting me?"

The voice came from Crusher Creel, the Absorbing Man! Creel readies himself by absorbing a nearby stone building.

"I've been wanting to hit somethin' too after wearing that stupid barbarian get-up. So gimme yer best shot, kid."

Not too far behind was another member of the Wrecking Crew, Thunderball!

"I actually didn't mind being decked out in Hyborian era regalia. I do enjoy reading a good sword and sorcery in my spare time. I think I shall stay in character, good sir."

"Wouldya just shut up and smash 'em already!"

"Fine fine."

Creel swings his ball and chain right at the Winter Soldier.

"Whoa!"

SMASH!

Fortunately, the Winter Soldier narrowly evades the attack. Meanwhile, Thunderball charges towards She-Hulk.

"Have at thee!"
    Keep Calm & Hail HYDRA
    A.I.M. At Me Bro

The Traitor Game: Restless In Rapture

Chapter Eight

“Once the eliminated have released enough minds and the sword of Sonja has been found, you will all strike against Kulan Gath's Shadows. In the event more time is needed, however, special arrangements can be made.”

Vammatar is tossed into a jail cell. The shadow of Kulan Gath looms over her.

“You wretched harlot. I knew you were not my Vammatar. I knew! Something prevented me from looking closer, from realizing the truth. But you became too arrogant and went too far. You tried to prolong my game. You tried to keep me from greater power! You will suffer for your crime.”

The slams. Kulan Gath is gone.

Moments later, he appears before the players lodging at the former Avengers mansion.

“My champions! I have grave news,” he starts. “I have fallen prey to a Traitor of my own! A slave informed me that I had erred, that it was not J'onn J'onnz who you chose to cast out, but the Damsel of Bats. This slave has been killed for his insolence. His words, however, ring true. I gave Vammatar the task of counting your votes. For reasons unclear, she deliberately misled me and the improper player was eliminated.

“I suspect her goal was to extend the game and keep us from expanding my empire. She is being punished as I speak.

“Damsel of Bats, you were chosen to be eliminated. Die.”

His eyes pour energy upon her. Her flesh is burned from her bones. Her skeleton is charred to ash. Her ash is scattered in the wind.

“Now you have voted out two from one round of voting. You shall do so again this round. Vote out the two you find most likely to have betrayed you.

“Just so there can be no mistake...”

Kulan Gath manifests a voting tally before them.

“'Twould seem Terrencios and the duo of Morningstar and Devil's Fire share the most votes. I will give you time for you to determine if that is truly how you feel.

“The Warrior of Ancient Warriors was one Traitor. The Damsel of Bats another. Find the third. Do so, and you shall be declared among the victors. Fail, and you join all others who have left this game.”

Elsewhere, Spider-Man is searching what appear to be catacombs.

Good, Spider-Man. It should be straight ahead, Osin informs him telepathically.

And he'd just leave it down here, huh? Right under his palace in what used to be the New York sewer system?

Yes. It was the site of their final battle. He commemorated it with a shrine. You may have worked your way past his guards, but you need to remain cautious. There may yet be a trap.

Spider-Man soon delivers good news by exclaiming, “As my scientist friends would say, 'Eureka'!” He pulls a sword from a wall. “I say that knowing I don't even have scientist friends.”

He communes with Osin telepathically. Osin, I've found it! The sword was right in front of me, just as you said. It was just, you know, embedded. Come to think of it, I feel like King Arthur.

He hears a rumbling.

Osin orders, There is no time for your usual joking nature, Spider-Man. You are to head to the meeting point. And you must do so with haste! I sense this portion of the catacombs will come crashing down at any moment!

“You don't have to tell me twice!”

Meanwhile, Vammatar stirs in her jail cell. She hears a distinct hissing sound. Slowly, from the shadows, creep two giant snakes.

“Oh no. Let me quote Indy when I say, 'Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?'” she reacts.

She briefly holds her hands to her temples. Whatever you have planned, goddess, you need to act soon.
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 04-15-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Players:
    Adam Elric (Cthulhudrew)
    Asuna Vesperina Theotanasia Entheofushia, The Princess of Dusk (OverMaster)
    Fran, the Beast of Madaraki (Yun Lao)
    Morningstar & Devil's Fire (tangentman)
    Terrencios Treiskaideka (Anodyne)
    The Wanderer Elias Beck (Jabare)

Eliminated:
    Man-Spider--struck by lightning. (Killed by Traitors.)
    Holocaust as a djinn-in-armor (Jeremi)--(Jester. Voted out)
    The Warrior of Ancient Winters (The Purple Skull)--fatal puncture in back of head (Traitor. Killed by Maverick.)
    Grey Warden Cassius James (Josh M)--torn in twain (Mason. Killed by Traitors.)
    Pirate Cherry Darling (Akibahara)--killed by tendrils of earth and stone (Good Samaritain. Voted out)
    Tobias the Free (jesus20456)--killed by tendrils of earth and stone (High Magistrate. Eliminated due to inactivity)
    Bumblebee (technoman)--crushed to death by giant pillar (Mysterious Stranger/Priest. Killed by Traitors.)
    Cleric Gregorius House (vycesyn)--neck snapped (Mason. Killed by Maverick.)
    The Clay Colossus (Bobisbeast)--dissolved into mud and exploded (Corrupt Prefect. Voted out)
    LaVernica (Tommy)--killed by a roc (Rookie Prefect. Killed by Traitors.)
    Green Jenna (Deadpooligan)--stabbed through the mouth (The Enchanted. Killed by Maverick.)
    Malachy the Turtle (wolvie616)--exploded from Hulking out too much (Maverick. Killed by the Enchanted.)
    J'onn J'onnz of Earth (Indigo Al)--killed by exploding Malachy (Priest. Voted out)
    The Midnight Predator (mailedbypostman1)--frightened and flattened (Priest. Killed by Traitors.)
    Damsel of Bats (Chris Lang)--blasted to death (Traitor. Voted out)

Roles:

Masons (1/3)
    Veteran Prefect (1)
    Rookie Prefect (0/1)
    The Enchanted (0/1)
    Good Samaritan (0/1)

Censor (1)
    Jester (0/1)
    Priest (0/3)
    Magistrate (1)
    High Magistrate (0/1)
    Maverick (0/1)
    Noble (1)

Traitors (1/3)
    Corrupt Prefect (0/1)

OOC: Due to a goof on my part, last round suddenly became double elimination!

As such, this round will be, too. Just think of now as an extension of the previous round.

The voting goes to Friday. Same Gath-time. Same Gath-channel.

If you've already submitted your role action, great. If not, make sure you do!

Here's how voting stands at the moment:

Morningstar & Devil's Fire (2): Adam Elric (Cthulhudrew), Asuna Vesperina Theotanasia Entheofushia, The Princess of Dusk (OverMaster)
    Terrencios Treiskaideka (2): Fran, the Beast of Madaraki (Yun Lao), Terrencios Treiskaideka (Anodyne)

Not yet voted (2): Morningstar & Devil's Fire (tangentman)*, The Wanderer Elias Beck (Jabare)

*tangentman, since Damsel of Bats is no longer an option, feel free to place your vote elsewhere.

Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar

A contented smile on her face, Morningstar nodded in satisfaction at the fortunate news. Her wings spread wide, the angel hovered just above the surviving players. Her beatific smile seemed intended primarily for one player. "What say you now, Adam Elric? My words were proven truth by our enemy himself."

Hellfire flared from underneath Devil's Fire's hood. "Bah, the fool heard with his own ears that the insipid Damsel was guilty! Her sins marked her like leprous spots! Yet, STILL does his vote against us remain firmly in place!"

"Enough, Devil's Fire! Adam has only barely heard Kulan Gath's decree! He may yet heed divine wisdom and sway from his vendetta against us. I say again, that I believe Asuna is the remaining Traitor. Did she not vote alongside the Damsel against the wrongly accused? More than once? Heed my advice and vote against her, o' brave mortals!"

OOC:

Not my official vote yet. I'm putting my suggestion out there before making it final.
    Last edited by tangentman; 04-12-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    Who needs CoTM when you can have a Skullie?

I am Tangent Man! I do not care!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    "Honestly Jen, with all the crap that's happened to me these past few days, I just needed to hit something."
    "Spoken like a true Hulk! Actually... since when are we on a first name basis? I don't think we've ever teamed up!

Not that I really mind... I guess I haven't been 'Avenging' lately. Nothing between when we all disbanded and recently when everybody in town got together to fight off the Kree and Celestials..."

Quote Originally Posted by Absorbing Man & Thunderball View Post
    "Wouldya just shut up and smash 'em already!" "Fine fine."

Creel swings his ball and chain right at the Winter Soldier. SMASH!

Fortunately, the Winter Soldier narrowly evades the attack. Meanwhile, Thunderball charges towards She-Hulk. "Have at thee!"
    She-Hulk stomps the ground in front of her, creating a line of upturned and jagged earth. Thunderball stumbles forward, right into a closed fist.

"It's too bad that between you two boys, you've only got one set of balls!"

Breaking the weapon's chain tether from Thunderball's waist, she swings the smashing sphere and throws it! The Absorbing Man shatters into rubble and dust from the impact!

"If you keep falling to pieces like this-- you should stick to absorbing LEGO bricks, Creel!"

The other super crooks, or at least Titania in particular, seemed to be waiting for our two Avengers to wear themselves out.
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 04-12-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Deadpooligan's Traitor Game Characters!

Deadpooligan did it better. ~ StoneGold, Post 10374071

Quote Originally Posted by Osin View Post
    At this moment, Osin communes with Holocaust telepathically. He sends a similar message as he had to the Winter Soldier, forcing Holocaust to remember more than his mission--forcing him to remember who he was.
    Holocaust did fully well know who he was, and the rapport garnered a slight chuckle from Holocaust before he decked Weapon Omega out of the blue. "Stand up Weapon Omega, it's about time this world should know what farce they are living in."

Later...

"How goes the mission, Holocaust?"

Holocaust would enter the throne room, a number of mutants who's minds had been unlocked by his side. "Infuriatingly slow, but almost everyone with interest has been freed of Gath's indoctrination."

"Indeed..." Weapon Omega would turn around and walk out to the balcony and look down at his dominion. "To think this was all but a dream brought about by the whims of a sorcerer."

"A soon to be dead one, Omega." Holocaust would stop at the entrance of the balcony. "When this is all over and everything has reverted to normal, I'll be looking forward to destroy you and take my rightful place as ruler of this Earth."

"Still a braggart, some things never change it seems."

"Trust me, at the end of this you will see my threats become reality."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    OOC: The Censor only negates a vote.
    "It seems we have a paradox here," observed Terrencios. "If we are to believe our host, the Censor may only negate another's vote, not cast their own. Yet every then-surviving player voted, or at least tried to vote, in the previous round. True, Fran's vote was censored, but she made the attempt. My question is, if we all voted, and the Censor is forbidden to vote, who censored Fran's vote? I can think of several possibilities:

"Firstly, there may another player, hitherto unknown to us. I for one would not put it past Kulan Gath to practice such a deception upon us; but would he--could even he--violate the rules of a Traitor Game?

"Secondly, Fran could have censored her own vote, both accusing and defending the Damsel of Bats. Her way of thinking differs enough from my own that I cannot entirely rule this out, but I think it highly unlikely.

"Thirdly, Morningstar and Devil's Fire are of dual natures; perhaps one of them accused the Damsel and the other protected her. Plausible though this theory may seem, I do not believe their masters would permit it.

"Fourthly, the Princess Asuna Vesperina Theotanasia Entheofushia, who bears names enough for two, may in fact be identical twins, one of whom accused J'onn while the other shielded the Damsel. And even if Her Highness is not two individuals, but only one, she may well consider her royal self to be above the rules that bind the rest of us. Furthermore, even if Asuna is not a Traitor, I question whether one who prefers weapons to wisdom--as she apparently does--is fit to reign one day. Therefore, I hereby withdraw my vote against myself and instead cast it against the Princess Asuna Vesperina."

If I sacrifice myself, O Maria my beloved, what will become of you?

OOC: Vote change to Asuna Vesperina Theotanasia Entheofushia, The Princess of Dusk.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 04-13-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    Beverly Allen--The Bee, with honey and stinger

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Angel and Devil View Post
    "Enough, Devil's Fire! Adam has only barely heard Kulan Gath's decree! He may yet heed divine wisdom and sway from his vendetta against us. I say again, that I believe Asuna is the remaining Traitor. Did she not vote alongside the Damsel against the wrongly accused? More than once? Heed my advice and vote against her, o' brave mortals!"
    "In light of what hath most recently transpired, I am willing to once more lend the grace of doubt to thine cause, Winged One. I be not entirely convinced that Asuna be the final Traitor, yet e'en should we fail to guess correctly this round, and another be sacrificed to the greater good, we shall yet have a chance to succeed."

He points at Asuna. "For now, I shall alter my vote as you suggest."

OOC: Vote change to Asuna, etc, etc.

Malachy entered a serious meditative state, focusing on retaining his memories. Any minute now, he knew his skills as a warrior would be called on again in order to defeat Kulan Gath!
    Wolvie616 is Mozambiquey

OOC: Well, I didn't bother voting seeing as how the 'error' in the previous result was going to be corrected and therefore my vote wouldn't count anyway. Oh, well.

----------

And sun by sun, and night by night
    the gallows grew to monstrous height.
    All eyes turned to Prodigy.

Dane Whitman points his sword at him. “It was you! That ideas, that whole speech, it was all just one big lie. The raccoon was right, and you killed him for it.”

Prodigy crossed his arms. “Think what you want, but it wasn't me.”

Hercules stood in front of Prodigy, his stature noticeably overshadowing that of the former Slinger. “Thou can proclaim thy innocence, but I stand with my fellow Avenger. Thou doth seem guilty, and we accuse thee so!”

Prodigy pushed his finger on Herc's chest. “And you're wrong! If you want to rely on your friend, fine. Ignore the fact that he's the most versatile one of us left. I vote for him.”

The King of Asgard's face formed a grim, menacing expression. “Thou would do well to take mind of who thou art speaking to and who thou pokes and how his might compares to thine.”

The young man clad in gold backed away. He had lost that verbal fight.

“I am Groot.

Prodigy shouted, “How are we supposed to know who he votes for?! We could have a tie right now!”

“Except that you do not,” intervened the goddess Scáthach, floating down amongst them. “The one known as Groot has chosen you as well. You have been voted out. Proceed to the gallows.”

“No! I am not going to die for a crime I didn't commit!” he protested. He threw a punch at her. He froze in mid-swing.

“You shall not harm me, nor break the contract of the game. You will go to the gallows.”

Her command placed him right where he needed to be. The Hangman ripped off Prodigy's mask, revealing Ritchie Gilmore's face and neck.

The wings of the scaffold opened wide
    until they covered the square from side to side.
    And the monster cross beam looking down,
    cast its shadow across the town.
    A moment later, his limp body hung from the gallows, and a light escaped his body.

The goddess turned to the remaining players. “Yet again you were incorrect. Prodigy was not the Traitor here. Since you have failed, the Traitor will strike again.”

A great darkness filled the area. The Black Knight suffered a great beating.

When the darkness lifted, the Hangman took him to the gallows. The gallows, in turn, claimed another victim.

Hercules gritted his teeth and tightened his fists.

And as I watched him on the stage
    My hands were clenched in fists of rage
    “'Twas thee!” he shouted, pointing at Groot. “'I was an Agent. I had guessed everyone else! You remained, thy moronic excuse for a sentient creature! Thou hast killed my friend, and all those we have met here. I shall kill thee! Receive the gift!” He lunged into the air, fist poised to strike.

No angel born in Hell
    Could break that Satan's spell
    Groot would be no match for the wrath of a god even if were his natural self. As it stood, he was only half-grown and at only a fraction of his normal strength. He was better than any mere mortal, but he stood no chance against Hercules.

The tree from Planet X was pummeled into splinters.

“Not even that will do for one such as thee.”

Hercules set the wood on fire. “Thou shall burn for thy actions and live in eternity Hades or Hel or whichever place of torment your soul shall reside.”

And as the flames climbed high into the night
    To light the sacrificial rite
    I saw Satan laughing with delight
    A bright light escaped from the pyre. Hercules acknowledged that he had done the deed. The Traitor was dead.

It was at that moment that the Hangman summoned him.

Then through the town the hangman came
    and called through the empy streets...my name.
    I looked at the gallows soaring tall
    and thought ... there's no one left at all
    Approaching, Hercules asked, “What business have ye with me, yon Hangman? The game is over. Thou hast served thy dark purpose.”

He smiled at me as I came down
    to the courthouse square...through the silent town.
    The Hangman's replied with laughter. Then, as Hercules met him on the gallows, he said, “Have you not figured it out, Hercules? You are the Traitor!”

“The scaffold was raised for none but you.

"For who has served more faithfully?
    With your coward's hope." said He,
    "And where are the others that might have stood
    side by your side, in the common good?"
    With malice, Hercules replied, “They are at our feet. They are all around us. They are dead.”

"Murdered," the Hangman corrected
    ...I did no more than you let me do."
    A terrible realization came over the god. “No, it cannot be! 'Twas I? I, the Traitor?” He denied it, but felt it so. He had done nothing as the others were slaughtered. He had stood idly by and watched, daring not to intervene. “She said that it was great importance that we played this game! That we would save all of existence! How could I have been such a fool?”

His anger at himself quickly turned to anger at the Hangman. “No, I was not thy pawn. Thou tricked me! Thou earned thyself a painful death! Have at--”

He was unable to finish his sentence, nor attack the Hangman. The goddess stood between them, saying, “No, Hercules. He will not die this day. He has tricked you, but only in one way. It was not you that was the remaining Traitor.” She raised her hand, her palm facing toward the Prince of Power. “It was me.”

The day the music died
    A strong blast of energy took out the mighty Hercules.

----------
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 04-15-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Voting update!

Asuna Vesperina Theotanasia Entheofushia, The Princess of Dusk (2): Terrencios Treiskaideka (Anodyne), Adam Elric (Cthulhudrew)
    Morningstar & Devil's Fire (2)*: Asuna Vesperina Theotanasia Entheofushia, The Princess of Dusk (OverMaster)
    Terrencios Treiskaideka (1): Fran, the Beast of Madaraki (Yun Lao)

Not yet voted (2): Morningstar & Devil's Fire (tangentman), The Wanderer Elias Beck (Jabare)

*Noble vote

Remember, this special double elimination round ends tonight!

Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar

OOC: Vote against Asuna. I already gave my IC justification!
    Who needs CoTM when you can have a Skullie?

I am Tangent Man! I do not care!