Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Heck, in my screenplay I made Steve Trevor an Asian American.

But at least I stuck with the original concept. For Etta, I suppose there's nothing in the concepts that say she HAS to be white. But...it does say that she must be from Texas, and has relatives there.
    Athena's wisdom be with you,

---Brett Jett,
    Wonder Woman's #1 Loverboy...aficionado & expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    I have no problem with a thinner Etta.

Now a thinner Amanda Waller, THAT was a crime against mankind.
    THIS. Amanda Waller not being fat grates on my eyes whenever I see her...

I don't mind Etta being black...I'm all for more diversity in comic books. If anything I say that they should do it more with characters that many people know NOTHING about and don't really care about anymore...especially since they rebooted everything. Etta could be a little bit bigger, but it's not that major of a deal.

Given her comments about volunteering to be an aide because of the heroes, what if they gave her a backstory that she used to be overweight, but Wonder Woman inspired her to get into shape somehow? Would that fly?
    "Batman is this force that appears out of nowhere behind a guy or all the sudden comes through the window like a man-sized brick and the note attached is a serious ass-whooping"

Cool to see Etta and so glad to see they have gone away from the fat sad depressed plain friend stereotype. A modern woman like Etta would hopefully try to be healthy ( the mockery about overstuffing sweets by Marston was not funny) and she is not pencil thin here. Looks normal to me and nice to see some diversity in WW comics. Seeing Etta kicked ass past canon, want to see strong development of her personality even if she is not a spy/agent.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    I'm usually against "race-lifts", unless they're in different continuties. You shouldn't change a character etnicity, but make the one you already have more prominent.
    Then I realized, hey this is a different continuity!

About the weight, she's a normal human being, she isn't a top model. Yes, she's far from fat, but they certainly didn't change her for fanservice reasons.
    I don't know, maybe fat people are harder to draw? That's why they're eliminating them?
    Well I guess drawing fat people probably does use more ink, and they'd take longer to colour, so... yeah, that's why Etta is now thin.

Well I guess drawing fat people probably does use more ink, and they'd take longer to colour, so... yeah, that's why Etta is now thin.
    LOL...I think it's more about everyone needing to be "sexy", but I wonder if that's what they tell themselves in the offices...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    LOL...I think it's more about everyone needing to be "sexy", but I wonder if that's what they tell themselves in the offices...
    But she had BETTER still be funny! Her character archetype (besides being nymph) is to be the comic relief person. Etta Candy was the likely inspiration for Xander (Buffy show) and Joxer (Xena show).

And in order for me to pickup another comicbook of hers, I HAVE to hear this modern Etta say "Woo! Woo!". Plus the her theme song must be blaring in the background..."I Want Candy!"
    Athena's wisdom be with you,

---Brett Jett,
    Wonder Woman's #1 Loverboy...aficionado & expert.

If Geoff looks at and uses the character Etta Candy displayed towards friends and foes over the past seventy years, I think Etta Candy will make
    for a nice compliment to the justice League and too both Steve and Diana.

If not, then she could weigh 275 lbs and it would not matter, nor help.

I was surprised to see her in this issue. It was a great reveal.

This article has some speculation as to why the character may have been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by DS
    It is thought that Candy may have been changed to be more similar in appearance to Tracie Thoms, who was cast to play the character in the abandoned Wonder Woman television reboot.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics/n...ce-league.html

It was a nice suprise to see Etta (now black, and thinner, yay, more diversity) in JL #7, I look forward to seeing her in the pages Wonder Woman, though, it'll probably be awhile.