Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shankarma View Post
    will storm ever talk to the others like kitty or bobby about what happen in the camps or what happen to peter
    yes, soon.

Hey, B. Woodz, I just wanted to say that I hope you saw that, in fact, James Proudstar hadn't been used prior to your run. It was John Proudstar who had appeared in the tail end of the original run!

Sorry for the confusion!

Question: Brian, what challenges in writing this book do you look forward to with each issue? What challenges do you dislike? You obviously stretch the old brain muscles when writing because it's hard to predict what's going to happen from page to page, let alone from issue to issue.

I also have a bonus question: Why did you choose to keep calling Jean Karen Grant? My understanding was that she used that name, along with her altered appearance, to hide from the law/public and keep her identity secret. She has since outed herself as Jean Grey but still calls herself Karen Grant. I actually like this because, for me, she has always been Karen Grant. I didn't really ever delve into the original Ultimate X-Men series until recently, so for the most part I've been following her story as Karen. I'm just curious why you kept that name going.

Super Bonus Question: I love Karen's costume, and there's symbolism of the Phoenix incorporated into the design. Are you planning on giving her a Phoenix-esq codename, or any sort of new codename altogether? Or is Karen Grant her codename for the foreseeable future?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I also have a bonus question: Why did you choose to keep calling Jean Karen Grant? My understanding was that she used that name, along with her altered appearance, to hide from the law/public and keep her identity secret. She has since outed herself as Jean Grey but still calls herself Karen Grant. I actually like this because, for me, she has always been Karen Grant. I didn't really ever delve into the original Ultimate X-Men series until recently, so for the most part I've been following her story as Karen. I'm just curious why you kept that name going.

Super Bonus Question: I love Karen's costume, and there's symbolism of the Phoenix incorporated into the design. Are you planning on giving her a Phoenix-esq codename, or any sort of new codename altogether? Or is Karen Grant her codename for the foreseeable future?
    I've been calling her Karen Grant because that's who she was when I started on the book. I wouldn't make a change there unless the reason was part of a story.

b

A comment since a few people have brought it up.

#23 of the book was to be the start of the Natural Resources arc, but in order to sync up schedules, we pushed that back to #24 and so #23 is a one-shot story I just got done writing that tells what went down with Storm and Piotr from the last time we saw them at Camp Angel to her arrival at Utopia. So, that's happening. One of my favorite UCXM scripts so far.

b

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post

#23 of the book was to be the start of the Natural Resources arc, but in order to sync up schedules, we pushed that back to #24 and so #23 is a one-shot story I just got done writing that tells what went down with Storm and Piotr from the last time we saw them at Camp Angel to her arrival at Utopia. So, that's happening. One of my favorite UCXM scripts so far.

b
    Thanks you so much! I have been wondering how she got to where she was. I can't wait to see Piotr again.

Sounds awesome.
    Comics are more better.

b

"Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

b
    Thank you for this, and thank you for everything. With this, everything else you are doing, and the Wolverine & Jimmy Hudson mini series...All the stories in Ultimate Comics: X-Men are being told. There were so many mysteries in the relaunch of Ultimate Comics: X-Men, and now these stories are being told. It is a great time to be an Ultimate X-Men fan. Although everyday is a great time to be an Ultimate X-Men fan. Now is just an extra great time to be an Ultimate X-Men fan.

I've been calling her Karen Grant because that's who she was when I started on the book. I wouldn't make a change there unless the reason was part of a story.

b
    I do wonder if Loeb would of kepted the name too had the Ultimate X book been developed more.

b
    Cool I was wondering how Storm showed up and what happened to Colossus.

On Vacation

I am glad Brain Wood is keeping the Karen Grant name going. I don't want to get into the whole discussions I have been saying for years but here are some points for keeping Karen Grant as a name.
    1. Jean Grey witnessed a traumatic incident(ultimatum) she could very well be insane. Jean Grey as a "mind" might have died in this panel. And this was where Karen Grant was born.

2. After the chapter of Ultimate X-men where Xorn shows Karen's true identity its Jean Grey. This could symbolize that she is reborn and add further to inner conflicts of Jean Grey vs Karen Grant.

3. If in fact if there is an inner conflict within here it makes sense that she is in Tian. Jean Grey=Ying Karen Grant=Yang. Its a place where both persona's can meditate and either try to work together or fight. Like the Celestials and Eternals.

4. If we really want to get excited. Karen Grant could be a persona of Ultimate Dark Pheonix

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post

4. If we really want to get excited. Karen Grant could be a persona of Ultimate Dark Pheonix

I'm sure a certain poster will pop up to say they are just ripping off from 616 again. Her hair needs to be redder though. That could almost be Kitty's color. Wonder what those 3 were doing while DWF/UWS was happening?

Any guesses on what x-wars is guys?

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I'm sure a certain poster will pop up to say they are just ripping off from 616 again. Her hair needs to be redder though. That could almost be Kitty's color. Wonder what those 3 were doing while DWF/UWS was happening?
    Well, who knows about Jean, but Derek and Liz were out partying being BFFs and having romantic misadventures, though not with each other. They're gonna be the Bones and Booth pre-Season 5 of the Ultimate Universe, I can just feel it.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Yah I know. That guy doesn't make any sense. Almost everything rips off from the 616. Even the 616 rips off from the 616. I really don't understand why he be so crazy. Original ideas are extremely hard to come by. Almost everything has been done before. So that means just enjoy the story for what it is.

The sun is setting so that maybe why its not as red. Or its the colorists fault.