Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I'm actually getting really annoyed at people nitpicking on ever single error. Yes we get it they made a mistake. People do that all the time. Do people complain so much when almost every single movie made has a ton of mistakes. no. Just enjoy the story and the characters. nitpicking is good when there are huge mistakes but really some of these small mistakes I have seen worse in the 616.
    I totally agree. It was so annoying seeing posters bitch about Ultimate Psylocke being alive with no explanation. Obviously, anyone who can conjure up a single logical thought can come to the conclusion that it was clearly an oversight on editorial's part.

It just sucks now that the character has to suffer because of it, and now she's more than likely going to be an entirely new and different character. Great.

Personamanx, Wood hinted Liz & that Angel character to appear soon/eventually in his run. (Sorry, I didn't read Ultimate X by Loeb)

Brian,

Do you have plans to use Quentin Quire again? I really liked his relationship with Rogue and thought it was strange that he just decided to take the cure and leave like that. It didn't seem like he viewed his powers as a curse, the way a lot of mutants do. Thanks!
    Last edited by Siryn; 12-11-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn View Post
    Brian,

Do you have plans to use Quentin Quire again? I really liked his relationship with Rogue and thought it was strange that he just decided to take the cure and leave like that. It didn't seem like he viewed his powers as a curse, the way a lot of mutants do.
    He said on page 9 that either Quentin Quire or Husk is coming back so the answer is: maybe.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    He said on page 9 that either Quentin Quire or Husk is coming back so the answer is: maybe.
    I saw that. If that's true, then the answer's no because

Hey Brian,

You are doing a phenomenal job on Ultimate X-Men. I'm a very big fan of Generation X so I was very excited to see Husk debut. Unfortunately it looks like we may not see her for a while or again. Can we look forward to any other Gen-Xers showing up? I am a huge Jubilee and Synch fan. Any chance of one of them showing up?
    Husk isn't gone for good. But her aside, no plans for the UU.
    b
    but I'd rather hear that from Brian Wood, if it's all the same to you. lol

Brian,

Is Kitty ever going to use her "hyper-dense" powers again like she did as Shroud in Ultimate Comcis: Spider-Man (vol1).

It did seem like she used it under Spencer once, when she "killed" Stryker the first time.

Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 12-12-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Just to be clear regarding my post. I was not bitching about the fact Psylocke is back. At all. I am really enjoying Woods run. My little moan was more personal and was just that, as a big Psylocke fan, I'm just a little bit gutted it may not actually be her after all. I didn't care that they brought her back. I'm not all up in arms about it or anything. Will I be dissapointed if it's not her? Sure I will. I can't help likeing a character. Will I moan and moan about it? Erm...no. The book is great.

Brian, are each of your 20 mutants going to get their own moment in the spotlight in your book? I like Micromax and Warpath and would like to learn more about them or at least have some more focus on them.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Brian,

Is Kitty ever going to use her "hyper-dense" powers again

Probably. It was appropriate for me to replace her offensive power set with a gun for a variety of reasons related to the last story arc, but now that she's becoming more of a pacifist and her days of an armed revolutionary are in the past, her normal powers will be what she uses.

b

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Brian, are each of your 20 mutants going to get their own moment in the spotlight in your book?
    Depends what you mean by spotlight. They won't have spotlight issues, each of them, no. But they will all get screen time.

b

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    Depends what you mean by spotlight. They won't have spotlight issues, each of them, no. But they will all get screen time.

b
    Hear that, Balfro?! We get to see Geldoff again!!!
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Hear that, Balfro?! We get to see Geldoff again!!!
    You heard it here folks, Brian Wood officially confirmed that Geldoff will be making his Ultimate return in the pages of Ultimate Comics X-Men
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Regarding Psylocke...

Since there is alot of talk about her coming back, and dieing in Ultimatum...

Why can't this still be Betsy Braddock the original Psylocke? It doesn't have to be somebody else, a ghost, or a new character.

Allow me to explain.

1. Psylocke jumped bodies before. That is a power set she already has.
    2. Knowing she can do this, she clones her body. Leaving the clone a lifeless body frozen is stasis (or whatever you want) some where in a secret bunk.
    3. The clone can be any age. There is alot of creative freedom here. Also it is something Psylocke did in secret. So nobody else knows about it. She could also have more clones hidden around.
    4. So the X-men bury Psylocke in Ultimatum Requiem, while Psylocke's conscienceness jumps to her back up body (clone).
    5. Psylocke has been in hiding this whole time in her secret bunker.
    6. She sees Kitty and the X-Men calling out for mutants to come make a Mutant Nation. That sounds good to her, so she goes to Kitty.
    7. Just to be safe, Psylocke makes Kitty, Iceman, Rogue, and Storm forget about knowing her. She doesn't want anyone knowing that she has clones, and can jump bodies.
    8. There is only 4 people at most that know she died. A powerful psychic that jumps bodies can surely mind wipe 4 people who aren't psychic related mutants.
    9. The others don't know Psylocke died because they're all too young to remember who all the X-Men were that died, or Psylocke was never a high profile X-Men member like Professor Xavier, Wolverine, or Cyclops...so there was never much media coverage on Psylocke's death. Realistically, Dazzler being a successful singer probably got more press coverage over her death than Psylocke did. Beast and Nightcrawler probably did too, being that they were more high profile members of the X-Men. So it is completely reasonable, believable, and realistic that the others just didn't know Psylocke died. In fact the others probably never even heard of Psylocke before they got to Reservation X (Utopia).
    10. Why would Psylocke side with Mach Two, and possibly so against her former team mates. She's angry at humans for killing her! She wants revenge/justice! Kitty and them don't want that, but Mach Two does. So Psylocke sides with Mach Two because of that. She also might be angry at Kitty and them because she died in Ultimatum, but they lived. She lived on with a clone body, but she still died. And she is still angry about that.

There ya go. I covered all bases. Psylocke is still Psylocke, and it all works out smoothly and makes sense story wise. So everybody should be happy! And just for a side note, this probably took me just 5 minutes to come up with. Thank you, and have a nice day!

Not a bad little theory... However she wasn't killed by humans, she was killed by Magneto (wasn't she?) so she would have the exact opposite reaction to evil mutants and NOT side with Magneto-Lite (Mach Two).

Also, I never read most of the original Ultimate X-Men, so forgive me if I'm jumping to conclusions, but what's all this talk about clones? Did Psylocke have clones? I don't think clones are a common occurrence in the UU, since Peter Parker being cloned was such a big deal and crime against science. And if Psylocke is just a regular mutant, how would she even clone herself? It would take a team of scientists to do that, and I guarantee SHIELD would be all over it if that were the case.

So, good theory, but it's not really practical from all angles. Again, I apologize if Betsy Clones are in fact an established thing, but to me it sounds like a bit of a reach.

I do, however, buy the part about her making her old comrades forget her. That's completely plausible, and most likely where Wood is going with her story.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

will we find out if there is a john proudstar still?

also who's been your favorite ultimization?
    Last edited by Froggy; 12-14-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Not a bad little theory... However she wasn't killed by humans, she was killed by Magneto (wasn't she?) so she would have the exact opposite reaction to evil mutants and NOT side with Magneto-Lite (Mach Two).

Also, I never read most of the original Ultimate X-Men, so forgive me if I'm jumping to conclusions, but what's all this talk about clones? Did Psylocke have clones? I don't think clones are a common occurrence in the UU, since Peter Parker being cloned was such a big deal and crime against science. And if Psylocke is just a regular mutant, how would she even clone herself? It would take a team of scientists to do that, and I guarantee SHIELD would be all over it if that were the case.

So, good theory, but it's not really practical from all angles. Again, I apologize if Betsy Clones are in fact an established thing, but to me it sounds like a bit of a reach.

I do, however, buy the part about her making her old comrades forget her. That's completely plausible, and most likely where Wood is going with her story.
    Psylocke and Toad survived William Striker's assault on the Xavier Institute with Rogue. But In Requiem both are shown dead. Nothing was ever explained, so the only thing to explain it is to assume Stryker must have killed Psylocke and Toad after all. Hence killed by humans. As for the Psylocke clone or clones...anybody can come up with a story as to how and why Psylocke was able to obtain a clone of herself. A story I literally come up with while typing this is that Nick Fury and SHIELD helped her clone herself. (This will change my Psylocke story though) Why would Fury and SHIELD do this. Out of pure curiosity, and the fact that her believed to be dead but secretly jumping to a new body could be a good resource. So that is why this is all done in secret. Fury then gave her a bunker to live in peacefully, because he knew all this stuff would happen to mutants. He of course does this for Psylocke with her owing him a favor. Fury has his hands involved heavily with Kitty and the others. So he calls in a favor, and Psylocke goes in undercover for Nick Fury. Psylocke pretends to side with Mach Two, but in reality is undercover for Nick Fury to keep an eye on Mach Two. However, Psylocke could still be angry at humans, therefor making her a possible wild card.

So this of course changes #10 from my previous post to what I just posted above.

-There ya go. Anyone else got 2 cents they want to donate towards a good cause?