Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    My question for Mr. Wood: How long do you intend to be on the book? Ultimate X-Men has always been the weak link in the Ultimate line and it would benefit greatly from a long term Brian Wood run.
    It's not been discussed, so I guess the answer is "indefinitely". I have an initial plan for at least a year.

b

Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    It seems as though you've been avoiding this question quite beautifully, but will Ultimate X (Jean, Derek and Liz) be involved with your book in any way?
    If I have been avoiding it, its only to preserve the secrecy of some future plans. Maybe that answers the question for ya.

b

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    Do you have a type of character that you like most to write?
    Conflicted, messed-up ones in the middle of life-changing events. aka The X-Men.

b

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    It's not been discussed, so I guess the answer is "indefinitely". I have an initial plan for at least a year.

b
    Awesome! Appreciate the answer and I hope your run extends long past that first year.
    Comics are more better.

Do you have any plans for Quicksilver or any of the brotherhood members in your first year? Maybe even as reluctant allies?

Personally I'd love to see Mystique used well!

Oh, and can you tell us how long we have to wait for the new costumes to be revealed that we were teased with last week?
    Last edited by Hostile_17; 04-19-2012 at 06:31 AM.
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

Thanks for taking time to answer all our questions Mr Woods.

Brian, that new white uniform of Kitty's is AWESOME! So my question is, Bobby, Johnny, Rogue, & Jimmy... will they be wearing the same suit? variations of it? same color?

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    If I have been avoiding it, its only to preserve the secrecy of some future plans. Maybe that answers the question for ya.

b
    Hey, listen man, you do what you gotta do; I was just pointing out that we're on to ya ;). Sweet!
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

BANNED

When will the cover of #14 be revealed, Mr Wood? This month?

Quote Originally Posted by Venkman182 View Post
    Brian, that new white uniform of Kitty's is AWESOME! So my question is, Bobby, Johnny, Rogue, & Jimmy... will they be wearing the same suit? variations of it? same color?
    They will have similar costumes. Marvel said they will be revealed online "very soon".
    Comics are more better.

No question this time, just sharing my thoughts on your recent writing for everyone and this seemed like the best place to put it!

I've just finished reading the Wolverine & The X-Men Alpha & Omega mini and thought Brian did a fantastic job on this. He really found a good balance of character moments and action whilst nailing the characters voices well.

If this is any indication of what he'll be bringing to UCXM then we are in for a treat

Also someone as well as myself asked earlier in this thread if the prequal stories for his new "The Massive" ongoing would be released anytime outside of Dark Horse Presents.

They are available now on Dark Horse Digital for $1!!

I would certainly recommend checking them out as it seems like it's going to be very interesting series and the first of these three stories has some breathtaking scenes in it!

Thats is all (unless Brian fancies telling us why Johnny isn't in the new costume line-up )
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

Brian, any plans on using Sabretooth? I know back in the first vol of X-Men Creed hinted at Wolverine being his father, I know in 616 there not related but with how closely Jimmy resembles Creed in his new uniform is there any possibility of bringing that up? You now maybe a lil brotherly hate? Since Creed already put the smack on Jimy in Ultimate X mini maybe Jimmy could get a lil payback

On Vacation

Tuesday Q&A: Brian Wood
    from marvel.com
    http://marvel.com/news/story/18961/t..._qa_brian_wood

Marvel.com: Being an artist yourself, how would you characterize your working relationship with both David Lopez and Paco Medina on your books?

Brian Wood: Honestly, I stay out of the way! Always have. I feel that's the best thing I can do for an artist once the script is in their hands. I'm around to field questions, but the last thing I would do is hover over their shoulder. So I back off and let them do their thing. And for the most part I've felt that every moment has been one of those great partnership moments. David is amazing, so is Paco, so is Alvaro [Lopez] and Jorge [Molina] and Rachelle [Rosenberg] and Juan [Vlasco] and Reilly [Brown] and Marte [Gracia]—God help me if I'm leaving anyone out. They've been very kind and responded well to the script and I think the finished work shows that. I'm happy. This is why we write comics, right, as opposed to something more solitary? The magic is in all the various pieces coming together.

Marvel.com: With ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #13, out now, you've instituted a change in the book's direction. How do you bring at title around to your own vision, but also maintain its core, established values?

Brian Wood: I rely on my editors. Truly! They called me up and asked me to do a pitch for the book, and I did, and we met and talked and over some weeks worked out something that everyone was happy with. Clearly, my fingerprints are all over it, and even shifting the focus as we did in #13, it's built on the foundation, the narrative and world that [previous writer] Nick Spencer built. But in short, I trust my editors to tell me when I'm on the right path or not, and comic writers are really writing for their editors; well, for themselves first, then the editors.

Marvel.com: How did Kitty Pryde’s new look come about in ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN?

Brian Wood: Kitty's new costume was an idea of mine that Jorge Molina kindly made into reality, and it’s entirely about supporting events in the story. It's part of Kitty's new no-hiding, no-label, no-codename philosophy—almost an anti-costume. For her to have anything else would be in opposition to the story. I generally like costumes when they feel real and are practical, that look like human hands made them. I don't have total control over them, of course, these aren't my characters, but whenever possible that's the approach I'll take.

Marvel.com: where does Kitty's leadership ability come from, in terms of your own experiences or research? What makes her a good leader?

Brian Wood: She makes herself a good leader. At first, she decides this is what she wants and then goes out and literally takes it; she aggressively becomes this mutant revolutionary, this freedom fighter. And I'm using those terms in an old school, 20th century way, shades of Che [Guevara] and of Malcolm X—people out to reclaim power from the occupiers, nothing more. And before anyone starts getting alarmed at those references, they’re not meant to be literal.
    Marvel.com: What sorts of threat will we be seeing in the months to come in ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN? And what role will the book play in Divided We Fall?

Brian Wood: The threat is there. Genocide is literally being committed on the mutant population; it doesn't get any [direr] than that. This is the battle Kitty and Co. have to wage, one for literal survival. How that fits in with the [Divided We Fall] events overall, like in ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES, is both books are telling the same narrative. [ULTIMATES writer] Sam [Humphries] has the job describing the epic, world-building struggle and the X-Men are the human face of that, the grounded, emotional angle.

Marvel.com: Overall, what are you discovering the greatest pleasures to be of writing both these X-books simultaneously?

Brian Wood: First off, it’s flattering to have been asked to write these books and all I ever want to do is a good job with it. It's also been fun to use some different creative muscles than I have over the last 15 years. It's also great to be writing these characters; the X-Men are the super hero group that I relate to, that I "get" more than anything else, so it’s a good fit. I'm looking forward to the future. We're only one issue into both of my runs, so we've only just started.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/18961/t...#ixzz1yzhFP6zV

Mr. Wood congratulations on your Ultimate X-Men success stories. They are truly awesome! I did have a question regarding the SEAR. Will you be using Xorn or Zorn in any of your stories or are you going to leave it up to Sam Humphries to use those characters in the Ultimates?

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGhost View Post
    Mr. Wood congratulations on your Ultimate X-Men success stories. They are truly awesome! I did have a question regarding the SEAR. Will you be using Xorn or Zorn in any of your stories or are you going to leave it up to Sam Humphries to use those characters in the Ultimates?
    I've talked about this quite a bit in other threads. In short, yes, they'll show up soon enough. That said, Sam is welcome to them as well.

b