Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default There's a Red, Green, & Black. Why not a Blue?

The Red represents animal life.
    The Green represents plant life.
    The Black represents death & decay.

Why not a Blue, representing artificial life? Avatars of the Blue could include Frankenstein and The Bride, Robotman, Livewire, Cyborg, or other cybernetic/technology/artificially based/created individuals.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Huh...when I thought of the Blue, I thought more of flying beings or something involving the wind.

On one hand, that could be interesting--but, unless someone has a good story with that, it seems like added detail for no real reason.

I could swear i already saw this thread at least a couple of times already

nowi havent read those comics but i heard that Aquaman encounter something called "The Clear" which was something like the Green of fishlife
    anyone knows anything on that?
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    I could swear i already saw this thread at least a couple of times already

nowi havent read those comics but i heard that Aquaman encounter something called "The Clear" which was something like the Green of fishlife
    anyone knows anything on that?
    you did, it was placed in the Batman forum by accident, I suggest there should be a 'Purple' which Strife should belong too, and someone suggest Bunker should as well.

I figure a good arc would be Frankenstein and The Bride trying to conceive. The Blue would be weak and undevelopped as there are very few true artificial intelligences and other artificial beings that could be called "alive". Frankenstein conceiving an heir would moce the Blue into "legitimacy", as those in it's purview can now breed true and carry on their own lines. Could make for an interesting mini-series, at the very least.

And the Clear is just a subset of The Red, pertaining to fish, just as the Grey is a subset of the Green, pertaining to Fungi and Molds.

What are you talking about?
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    What are you talking about?
    In Animal Man and Swamp Thing the titular characters represent the Red and Green respectively, the current avatars of the Animal and Plant kingdoms.

I was merely suggesting that there be a Blue that is the morphic field/collective unconsciousness/whatever for artificial beings like Frankenstein and Robot Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaar2099 View Post
    I figure a good arc would be Frankenstein and The Bride trying to conceive. The Blue would be weak and undevelopped as there are very few true artificial intelligences and other artificial beings that could be called "alive". Frankenstein conceiving an heir would moce the Blue into "legitimacy", as those in it's purview can now breed true and carry on their own lines. Could make for an interesting mini-series, at the very least.
    im gonna take a wild guess and say that you still havent read Frankenstein #7 havent you
    Last edited by ArnoldoAAD; 03-17-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

No artificial life isn't based on magic. Robots, Cyborgs and computers are solely based on electronics.

Shouldn't Frankenstein be the Black. Technically he is the walking dead.

Why would Live wire fit into this category for electrical abilities. If anything she would be elemental based, for electricity. Which doesn't seem to fall into the green, red and rot categories

Frankenstein would fall into the Blue because he embodies the ideals of cybernetic life. He is made by man in man's own image, the very definition of "android". He can theoretically replace body parts with new ones without little consequence, not needing to grow or heal from limb-loss injuries. He is powered by the "spark of life", electricity (hence "the Blue"). He is the quintessential science-fiction entity of "android" life. He deserves to be an avatar of the The Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaar2099 View Post
    And the Clear is just a subset of The Red, pertaining to fish, just as the Grey is a subset of the Green, pertaining to Fungi and Molds.
    Actually, the Clear was something along the lines of the realm of imagination/creativity and the Gray is a transplanted Green from another planet that encompasses fungi.

As for your idea, the artificial life one, that is a little interesting. Not sure if Blue fits so well. They don't fall under Rot either, as they are alive... hmm. The False? It doesn't have to be a color, after all. "Rot" isn't a color (though it's a kinda brownish-black-tinged-icky color).
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    Actually, the Clear was something along the lines of the realm of imagination/creativity and the Gray is a transplanted Green from another planet that encompasses fungi.

As for your idea, the artificial life one, that is a little interesting. Not sure if Blue fits so well. They don't fall under Rot either, as they are alive... hmm. The False? It doesn't have to be a color, after all. "Rot" isn't a color (though it's a kinda brownish-black-tinged-icky color).
    The Rot has also been referred to as "The Black", and it's been awhile since I read "the Clear" issues, so I'll have to look them up. I was going with "the Blue" because most artificial life in real life and fiction is powered by electricity.

But electricity isn't really blue... maybe White makes more sense? Kind of sterile and lightning is white. This is all kind of pointless, I realize... also might cause confusion because of the whole Emotional Spectrum whatsit.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Well, I's think its because the Red and the Green are part of the "Life Web", and even though there are artificial type beings, I wouldn't qualify them as making up another category of life. Mechanical or technological beings aren't even technically "alive." Yes they think and are sentient, but they are manmade, not made by nature. Anyway, all those characters you mentioned didn't start out the way they are now; they started out as regular people:

Robotman lost his body in an accident, so his brain was transplanted into a robot's body
    Cyborg is pretty much the same story, but he just didn't lose his whole body, he lost parts of it, which were then replaced by cybernetic implants
    Livewire suffered from an accident, which made her what she is today; and
    The Bride only has a cybernetic implant, the "Gazer"

All of these individuals are still part of the Red. They have only received some technological implants or suffered an accident, so I don't think we should create a new category for them.

Because this isn't the lantern corps