Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Mar 16, 2012

Fresh off his trip to South By Southwest to announce Marvel's ReEvolution digital products, Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso takes fan questions on everything from Ultimate FF to rumors of a reboot.

Full article here.

OK! This answer made me laugh

"Are there any plans on creating some more Marvel 'What if' issues?"

Alonso: I dunno, Rollo. Our distinguished competition seems to have cornered the "What If?" market.

RecessionBornSuperVillain deathcry's Avatar

I think it would be amusing if the AR app can have Wacker's head show up, and saying something like, "You said you aren't buying marvel books anymore"

A little Wacker-love for his 'fans' here.

BANNED

ok my fears about luke ross on ultimates have mostly been laid to rest the art is solid, not ribic quality but better than Peterson, glad to see more of Ultimate War Machine

BANNED

Alonso: Fear not. I was X-Men Group Editor when Hope was created back in "Messiah CompleX," so I'm deeply invested in making sure her story -- which is at the core of the X-Men's prospects for the future -- isn't derailed by anything.

Speaks volumes.

Alonso: I dunno, Rollo. Our distinguished competition seems to have cornered the "What If?" market.

Maybe if you did you might have a book in the Top Ten then Alonso. Stay classy.
    Last edited by Sabrewulf; 03-16-2012 at 06:31 PM.

BANNED

You think a Marvel "What If?" series would be in the top ten, Sabrewulf? Interesting. They haven't sold that well in the past. Have you observed any audience changes since their last incarnation? What would you suggest to relaunch the line of "What If?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NickFury90 View Post
    You think a Marvel "What If?" series would be in the top ten, Sabrewulf? Interesting. They haven't sold that well in the past. Have you observed any audience changes since their last incarnation? What would you suggest to relaunch the line of "What If?"
    You do I get that's not at all what I was getting at?

Alonso was having a dig at the DC I was just pointing out if the DCnU books are What If's then they Marvel could do with a few What If's that sell that well themselves.

(Basically they can be a snarky as they want about the DCnU when Marvel take's all the Top Ten spots)
    Last edited by Sabrewulf; 03-16-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    (Basically they can be a snarky as they want about the DCnU when Marvel take's all the Top Ten spots)
    Which probably isn't as satisfying as making more overall money.

Also, I somehow suspect the reboot speculation will continue, despite this column.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

BANNED

Alonso: Fear not. I was X-Men Group Editor when Hope was created back in "Messiah CompleX," so I'm deeply invested in making sure her story -- which is at the core of the X-Men's prospects for the future -- isn't derailed by anything.

Speaks volumes.

Maybe if you did you might have a book in the Top Ten then Alonso. Stay classy.
    Call me when a Marvel book gets in the top 10 alonzo. Until then , step up your game!

BANNED

Ok, so it's not a reboot. But what it's a line-wide relaunch that also resets all the continuity?

So I'm guessing a NO to my Maria Hill origin story question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Which probably isn't as satisfying as making more overall money.

Also, I somehow suspect the reboot speculation will continue, despite this column.
    Maybe not but they maybe shouldn't take pot shots at a company that's taken all Top Ten spots though. It makes them look petty.

Plus yet again, I'd like to see what would happen if DC double shipped 20 of their best selling titles. It is that easy for DC to beat Marvel. Not so much for Marvel to take the Top Ten back now is it?

Maybe not but they maybe shouldn't take pot shots at a company that's taken all Top Ten spots though. It makes them look petty.
    Only to guys like you who aren't in on the joke.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

RecessionBornSuperVillain deathcry's Avatar

Plus yet again, I'd like to see what would happen if DC double shipped 20 of their best selling titles. It is that easy for DC to beat Marvel. Not so much for Marvel to take the Top Ten back now is it?
    They poke at them when they aren't taking all top ten spots... that stuff only matters to you.

Quote Originally Posted by deathcry View Post
    They poke at them when they aren't taking all top ten spots... that stuff only matters to you.
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner.