Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default WC12 LIVE: Marvel House of Ideas

Marvel brings digital comics to WonderCon with its House of Ideas panel, bringing the latest updates for the Marvel Comics App, Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited and more.

Full article here.

Picture Book Liker

Thor = Captain Chinstrap

I sometimes wonder who decides what gets used as promotional art.
    Currently Reading: Hawkeye, Jupiter's Legacy, Mighty Avengers, Saga, Superior Spider-Man & Superior Foes (Bye: Fearless Defenders & Young Avengers)

I am a huge Marvel fan, but MDCU is the worst. You can only access it via a PC or Mac (no mobile) and the layout is terrible for reading.

... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar

All I want is for Marvel to drop the prices on their digital back issues like EVERY OTHER PUBLISHER.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by downlikecharlie View Post
    I am a huge Marvel fan, but MDCU is the worst. You can only access it via a PC or Mac (no mobile) and the layout is terrible for reading.
    On the other hand I find the layout perfect for reading.

It does need mobile access ASAP though.

Yeah, I like MDCU. Could use mobile support but it's pretty nifty.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    On the other hand I find the layout perfect for reading.

It does need mobile access ASAP though.
    I knew someone would say that! But digital anything is weird like that, it needs to be customizable. I loved the library, I just hated how difficult it was to read.

But if you're into it, $60 is a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by downlikecharlie View Post
    I knew someone would say that! But digital anything is weird like that, it needs to be customizable. I loved the library, I just hated how difficult it was to read.

But if you're into it, $60 is a steal.
    LOL not trying to argue, just that I am also picky and find it useful. So putting it out there as well.

But you are right, and theres a 20 percent off deal right now, so its like 45 bucks a year? that IS a damn steal for how many comics are on it! And they add more all of the time.

Anybody at the WonderCon? Can you give us a description of the Infinite Nova Comic? Marvel is letting people check it out at the Marvel Booth. Thanks!

RecessionBornSuperVillain deathcry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    All I want is for Marvel to drop the prices on their digital back issues like EVERY OTHER PUBLISHER.
    I agree with this.. and to Singh's comment, "Personally, I don't think it's great for retailers to know comics are going to be a buck cheaper a few weeks later from the publisher."
    Well I don't think it's great for the reader to know comics are still $3.99/$2.99 weeks after they aren't really available at retailers anymore.

BANNED

Buying my avenger ticket on Facebook .

Quote Originally Posted by deathcry View Post
    I agree with this.. and to Singh's comment, "Personally, I don't think it's great for retailers to know comics are going to be a buck cheaper a few weeks later from the publisher."
    Well I don't think it's great for the reader to know comics are still $3.99/$2.99 weeks after they aren't really available at retailers anymore.
    Why should retailers be so focused on the cost of last month's issue when they should be trying to sell THIS month's issue. Also - why does a digital reader's $3.99 only get the digital version of the latest "Marvel Masterpiece" when a print reader gets print AND digital for the same price?

The way I see it, Marvel doesn't actually want to sell to digital customers, they just want to drive them to print - and that kind of "we know what's better for you than you do" controlling attitude is a big reason why I don't like their business practices.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

Mechanically Insane shadow panther's Avatar

"When you buy your first issue of 'Avengers Vs. X-Men,' you will get a free digital copy," said Singh. "With issue #1, you'll also get this infinite comic bundled together for free." The infinite comic will not be bundled with the digital-only version of "Avengers Vs. X-Men" #1.
    so what this means is the code i get in the back of the floppy gets me a digital copy of the same book plus another book?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    so what this means is the code i get in the back of the floppy gets me a digital copy of the same book plus another book?
    What this means is that if you buy the print comic for $3.99 you get three things: Print copy, Digital copy, Infinite comic. If you buy the digital comic for $3.99 you get one thing: Digital copy.

Marvel thinks digital customers are second-class citizens.

Honestly, this is the most boring panel I have ever attended at a comic conventions. They didn't even have demo of the new comic or of the new AR feature that will be within AVX. They only had two ipads with the comic already loaded on and they were picking random people out of the audience to take a look at it. I pride myself as a Marvel fan, but I cannot be proud of a lame power point display. The entire media dept. at the "house of ideas" should of consider this a last minute thought and should cancelled it.