Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Red face rogue and magneto love

Here we can discuss our love for Rogue and Magneto and their pairing, and what we hope to see out of the couple in the future.

Maybe when Bendis takes over the X-Franchise will see more of these two getting all lovey dovey.

What do you all love most about this romance, and how do you see it going forward?

I love how it gets people all sorts of riled up.

riled up? How can you not love them. Clearly they were meant to be.

I actually don't mind them together. I'm supporting whatever the writers are doing with them. I'm enjoying the ride. While I don't trust Magneto, I find his admiration for Rogue entirely sincere. His ulterior motives are much like Emma's, except his dark nature is still there, whereas Emma's I don't think is. But this respect and, love, if you want to call it that, is almost a tether that keeps him from getting into even more crap than he has could be. Her decisions have restrained his lack of morality, and he, in turn, has been a better person. WIN WIN!

I think this is the most interesting and dynamic romance between two X-book characters. You wouldn't think it would work but when you read them together in the comics they work so well together.

....That's Joseph.

But I do enjoy Rogue and current-nu-Magneto together. He's nice compaired to the original/real Magneto.

Joseph/Rogue >>>>>>>>>> Magneto/Rogue

Don't do this to the x forum why must it suffer like this run for the hill. On the real this is going to get ugly, but i really don't see the point of putting Mags in a relationship when the two women he cared about are dead i would have like to see the dealt with a little before putting him with Rogue but it doesn't bother me that they did.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

I like Rogneto, it's really not that bad.
    But I'd rather see tension between the two rather than a full out relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Marvelous thread. Finally something positive for the Southern Goddess.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

I love your thread!

Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    Don't do this to the x forum why must it suffer like this run for the hill. On the real this is going to get ugly, but i really don't see the point of putting Mags in a relationship when the two women he cared about are dead i would have like to see the dealt with a little before putting him with Rogue but it doesn't bother me that they did.
    What two women are you talking about? Magda and... Isabella? Lee Forester? He's totally over Lee Forester, likes to pretend it never happened. And he never had a relationship with Isabella, because he was still grieving for Magda. Magda died sometime in 1950's Marvel time, so he's been grieving for Magda for *years.* Just how long do you want him to grieve??? The interesting thing with Magneto is that he's not had many relationships, despite his age. It makes it seem like Rogue's more than just a pretty face to him, there's something significant about his feelings for her.

Anyway, I honestly didn't like Rogue/Magneto before Carey's run, but now they're one of my favorite MU couples. They just seem like opposites in many ways, and I think that makes them more interesting than other couples like, say, Colossus/Kitty. It makes his character lean towards the "good" side as well, which I also think is interesting. And it's one of those things that we've seen being hinted at for years, but it's never really happened in the books until now.

I'd like to see them solidify their relationship, first of all. Then I think they could get more serious after that. I mean, right now they're not even speaking to each other, so that's kind of a problem. I don't think they would be too high maintenance, but I would like to see them do something romantic at some point. That hardly happens for any X-characters these days, but still...
    Last edited by Siryn; 03-16-2012 at 09:25 PM.

I like when we see little things with them on panel together, like when he's carrying her after she tried to absorb the Juggernaut. It's nice to know other writers remember the relationship, even if they're not writing about it.

BANNED

This pairing really blew my socks off... (actually they literally flew out the window, we were in the car when I was reading the issue and I had the window rolled down)

Anyhow, seems fun! One pairing I wished got explored was Rogue and Juggernaut from Earth-1610.

In this universe, Cain Marko and Rogue (Marian Carlyle) grew up together in the same trailer park and watched each other backs when working for Weapon X. I wrote a fan fiction where I explore how much Cain really loves Rogue. It's romantic and sweet for anyone interested.

Here is the link: ULTIMATE MARVEL FAN FICTION

EDIT: Wait, what I don't get is how can Magneto be so young-looking?

Wasn't he a Holocaust survivor?
    Last edited by MrV; 03-16-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Magneto was deaged in the 80's to be around 30 years old. It's generally considered that about 5 years have passed since then, Marvel time, so that makes him about 35ish now.