Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 197
  1. #46
    Senior Member Hatut Zeraze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    All the things that would make me buy a Punisher comic are all the things that would violate just who the character really is. I like my comics less realistic, more crazy and colorful. To me, the existence of the Punisher in the Marvel U. is like a damper on the fun, nutty things I like to read. Whenever Punisher crosses over with those parts of the Marvel U, inevitably those parts of Marvel U suffer. Because the Punisher usually kills them.

    Long story short - What would make me read the Punisher? Probably nothing. I like that he is around for those who enjoy those kinds of comics, but they're just not up my alley. I don't think he should have to change, either.

  2. #47
    Former Lurker Old Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Two words: Squirrel Girl

  3. #48

    Default

    I would like to see a bit more Frank in his own comic I think with the Omega effect storyline cross over we will get this, and get the title bump started again sales wise, the title is still well with in the top 100 every month , I just think the DC reboot hurt the Punisher at the start of his current series, it's quality story telling from Rucka and great art from Marco, so more people should be picking this up.....
    Last edited by JET ACE LOGAN; 03-18-2012 at 03:22 AM.

  4. #49
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    I would buy Punisher if the protagonist were a woman of an ethinic minority. Seeing the White Man's Burden in comics is as antiquated as using Windows 95.

    Make her a female cop with a strong sense of justice, whose husband is murdered and her daughter is kidnapped by child traffickers who send her to a third world country. Her main drive for being Punisher would be finding her daughter.

    Frank Castle could be her ally or mentor. Interaction with this new vigilante could make Frank a foil of sorts and simultaneously make him interesting again by portraying him as a father figure to his successor.
    Last edited by MrV; 03-18-2012 at 03:40 AM.

  5. #50
    Member Hockstatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Team him up with Wolverine and Spider Man in every issue til the end of time
    Mah Sheet: Moon Knight, Thor, Wolfsbane, Paladin, Doc Ock, Black Bolt, Cage, Hawkeye, Sunfire, Boomerang, Hellcat, Shang-Chi, Misty Knight, Bishop, Magik, Cypher

  6. #51
    Senior Member DaronK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    I would buy Punisher if the protagonist were a woman of an ethinic minority. Seeing the White Man's Burden in comics is as antiquated as using Windows 95.

    Make her a female cop with a strong sense of justice, whose husband is murdered and her daughter is kidnapped by child traffickers who send her to a third world country. Her main drive for being Punisher would be finding her daughter.

    Frank Castle could be her ally or mentor. Interaction with this new vigilante could make Frank a foil of sorts and simultaneously make him interesting again by portraying him as a father figure to his successor.
    Hard to tell if this is snark or not, but this is almost exactly what's been going on in the title; although, his apprentice is an ex-marine and wasn't a victim of human trafficking...

  7. #52
    Senior Member DaronK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Does he stab people sometimes, instead of always shooting them?
    I can't remember for sure, but I want to say he stabbed the new vulture to death, or rather stabbed him enough to make him fall to his death. Going to have to dig that issue back out...

  8. #53
    Senior Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    All the things that would make me buy a Punisher comic are all the things that would violate just who the character really is. I like my comics less realistic, more crazy and colorful. To me, the existence of the Punisher in the Marvel U. is like a damper on the fun, nutty things I like to read. Whenever Punisher crosses over with those parts of the Marvel U, inevitably those parts of Marvel U suffer. Because the Punisher usually kills them.

    Long story short - What would make me read the Punisher? Probably nothing. I like that he is around for those who enjoy those kinds of comics, but they're just not up my alley. I don't think he should have to change, either.
    Its not the current run, but Garth Ennis' two series in the MK imprint have Frank pretty deeply embedded in the MU and it gets really crazy and over the top, not dark and gritty at all (the last arc is Daredevil, Spider-Man and Wolverine teaming up to take down Frank).

  9. #54
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaronK View Post
    Hard to tell if this is snark or not, but this is almost exactly what's been going on in the title; although, his apprentice is an ex-marine and wasn't a victim of human trafficking...
    It's not snark (I hate that and sarcasm, it's rude), I was actually suggesting what I had in mind.

  10. #55
    Cold War Myth aNamored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dusting Zola at Camp Leigh
    Posts
    5,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Punisher-Girl
    Politely says: no thank you.
    Last edited by aNamored; 03-18-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

  11. #56
    Cold War Myth aNamored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dusting Zola at Camp Leigh
    Posts
    5,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaronK View Post
    I can't remember for sure, but I want to say he stabbed the new vulture to death, or rather stabbed him enough to make him fall to his death. Going to have to dig that issue back out...
    He stabbed him alright > dragged the blade from the Vultures' midsection to his throat (the military style that Detective Ozzie described in issue #2 I think). That was a fun, brutal fight.

    All I need are fill in artists with a style that complements Marco's great art and the pace to pick up just a little bit.
    Last edited by aNamored; 03-18-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

  12. #57
    Senior Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockstatter View Post
    Team him up with Wolverine and Spider Man in every issue til the end of time
    + Daredevil
    + Moon Knight
    + Elektra

    A rotation of those 5 and you have a deal.

    But seriously what Rucka is doing is sadly being overlooked by the start of DC 52, Fear Itself or now AvX it seems.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

  13. #58
    Senior Member Paladin King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    + Daredevil
    + Moon Knight
    + Elektra

    A rotation of those 5 and you have a deal.

    But seriously what Rucka is doing is sadly being overlooked by the start of DC 52, Fear Itself or now AvX it seems.
    Yet Daredevil has been getting so much love.

    I really hope Omega Effect next month gets this book a few more eyeballs on it.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:


    WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

  14. #59
    Senior Member turtlefood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    Nothing really.....he doesn't fit into the Marvel cape universe and i don't like reading comics about gang warfare/drug and human trafficking.
    Currently recommending: Daredevil, Mudman ( it's back!), Hawkguy, and FF. Can't miss!

  15. #60
    Elder Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,536

    Default

    I am already getting the Punisher series so they must be doing something right.
    Stories more related to the events of Marvel Universe and interactions with other super heroes and villains would be cool as well.
    The crossover with Daredevil and Avenging Spider-Man during the Omega Effect is something that will help the title.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •