Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Did I mention that Morgiana is badass?

Because she is, and this chapter she proves it yet again.

She's also a REALLY nice girl.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    Really? I think he could use less moping about his own uselessness.

Well he'll probably get some character development before this arc is over.
    It's already started: The parallels between him and Alibaba were pretty strongly implied even before recent chapters more or less spelled it out.

If anything his character arc is looking to be just a slightly bit rushed.

Did I mention that Morgiana is badass?

Because she is, and this chapter she proves it yet again.

She's also a REALLY nice girl.
    She surely is both of those things.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Took some time over the weekend and got caught up from chapter 45 to chapter 100. It gets more awesome with every arc. I thought 100 would be another drawn-out fight chapter, but then both Aladdin and Alibaba have a "pfft, whatever, I got this" moment. I love this manga! I wonder who will get the djinn from this dungeon? Likely the prince, but this manga likes to throw curveballs at you.
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I like the way Aladdin is becoming more of like... a transcendent sage kind of guy.

It's good stuff.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

I think I don't really like the message of this chapter.

so this supposedly "benevolent" Will of the Rukh will occasionally screw people over really badly. But no matter how much you got the short end of the stick you should just accept it as "fate" because if you don't it automatically means you are EVIL. And this is presented as completely right.

I really hate this type of fatalistic theme.

Just read chapter 107 and I am laughing so hard. We really need to see more of the Eight Generals, and quickly.
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."

I think I don't really like the message of this chapter.

so this supposedly "benevolent" Will of the Rukh will occasionally screw people over really badly. But no matter how much you got the short end of the stick you should just accept it as "fate" because if you don't it automatically means you are EVIL. And this is presented as completely right.

I really hate this type of fatalistic theme.
    I think its more "sometimes bad things happen, but you should accept this and move on rather than flipping out and joining a bunch of murderous psychos who are causing way more damage than the thing that made you sad in the first place."

Its kind of a very specific lesson.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Oh yeah. Sharrkan is awesome.

Also, it seems Yamuraiha does actually feel some amount of camaraderie towards him.
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Oh yeah. Sharrkan is awesome.

Also, it seems Yamuraiha does actually feel some amount of camaraderie towards him.
    Some? They're seem to be pretty much textbook Tsundere to one another.

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Some? They're seem to be pretty much textbook Tsundere to one another.
    Well, I never denied the possibility, but their introduction chapter kinda gave me more of a "they seriously, honestly don't like each other" kind of vibe. I mean, there should be some hints of actual dere in a tsundere relationship, and this chapter was pretty much the first time she has ever been shown to feel anything for him aside from hostility.

What I'm saying is, I don't agree that a man and a woman not getting along should always be enterpreted as unresolved sexual tension on general principle. Sometimes people genuinely don't get along. Even now, I find it more likely to be a question of grudging respect between rivals (or what Homestuck calls kismesis) then something more romantic. You know, just based on what I've seen.

Mind you, I'll happily change my opinion if they do start going all: "I-It's not like I l-like you or anything!"
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Well, I never denied the possibility, but their introduction chapter kinda gave me more of a "they seriously, honestly don't like each other" kind of vibe. I mean, there should be some hints of actual dere in a tsundere relationship, and this chapter was pretty much the first time she has ever been shown to feel anything for him aside from hostility.

What I'm saying is, I don't agree that a man and a woman not getting along should always be enterpreted as unresolved sexual tension on general principle. Sometimes people genuinely don't get along. Even now, I find it more likely to be a question of grudging respect between rivals (or what Homestuck calls kismesis) then something more romantic. You know, just based on what I've seen.

Mind you, I'll happily change my opinion if they do start going all: "I-It's not like I l-like you or anything!"
    Look at Sharrkan's reaction when he hears that Sinbad made a pass at Yamuraiha during the festival (I think). The guy looks horribly jealous.

EDIT: It was from Sinbad's "trial."

Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 06-19-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Not sure it's jealousy, though. Could be a simple "The hell did that come from!?" reaction. Or maybe he just didn't think Sinbad would stoop to molesting his own subordinates.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Magi will be getting anime adaptation in the fall!

As if it wasn't established enough already, new chapter just goes on extra mile to show that Judal is a colossal duchebag.

I mean seriously, you can't help but hate this guy.