Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    Why does WW have shoes than?
    Because she's only a demi-god? At least that's what I'm going with

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    His club is called "Eros" though. I will bet you thought that people will whine about how the team decided to meet him because they expect Azz to waste a page where Hermes says "hey, dont rush into the underworld like that, lets get you some weapons by my bro Hephaestus first."

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Ares/War was also barefooted...hmmm...I wonder if there is any significance...and if so...I want it properly exposited...NOW!!!! (after all nothing must be left to my imagination, bloody hell!)
    Was it necessary? Seriously? What is it? A pissing contest?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    Lee draws her hair different from panel to panel, and more often than not he gives her a mullet. I like what Chiang is doing with her hair, and I think she should always have a natural curl to it. But I guess, occasionally, that it is arguably too big in this. Though I seem to remember Chiang saying that even he was surprised by how big her hair was.

And so far none of the gids ahve worn shos. I'm guessing it's thei thing, not too sure why though. But wasn't it how Apollo recognised that the prophecy told by his oracles was referring to an Olympian? That the feet were abre or something like that?
    I liked the Lara Croft ponytail she had in the DCU online trailer. She should do that hairdo from time to time. It's very greek.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    Because she's only a demi-god? At least that's what I'm going with
    I keep hearing that she's not passed around, but her mother isn't exactly human either

I liked the Lara Croft ponytail she had in the DCU online trailer. She should do that hairdo from time to time. It's very greek.
    I'll give you that, I liked her hair in that too, actually I liked her look overall in the DCU online trailer. After I saw it I did go through a phase of wanting her to tie her hair back or up or whatever, since it looked sleek and sexy, and just a little different. But I'm also quite happy with the way it looks now. It won't stay like this, the next artist that comes on board will draw her hair differently. I really dislike it when it's drawn really straight though. It just looks weird.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    Well in traditional mythology Ares is usually Eros' father.
    Yeah, but Eros is far more associated with his mother, Aphrodite, and she was married off to Haphaestus (but often cheats on him).

As for Eros's sexuality, there's also this:

Eros was associated with athleticism, with statues erected in gymnasia, and "was often regarded as the protector of homosexual love between men."

I also noticed the shop they're going to is called "Beauty and the Beast" (if my guess at Italian is correct). Hopefully Aphrodite will be showing up sometime soon?

It would certainly be nice to see some of the top female Gods in this WW, especially Aphrodite.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

I want to see Athena. I'd like her to have some owl features, or maybe an armor of owl feathers.

BANNED

I want to see Athena. I'd like her to have some owl features, or maybe an armor of owl feathers.
    OMG I know who the leader of the Court of Owls is!

In case I wasn't clear, I think Bellezza is Aphrodite and Bestia is Hephaestus ("Bellezza e la Bestia").

Anyone else believe that there is a specific reason the female gods have been absent so far? I cannot wait to see the design for Artemis, as well as Athena, Aphrodite and Hecate!
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

preview of the comic looks pretty cool.

I agree with mullohand driver as we need to see more female goddesses.

Eros is probably bi or omnisexual.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    Anyone else believe that there is a specific reason the female gods have been absent so far? I cannot wait to see the design for Artemis, as well as Athena, Aphrodite and Hecate!
    If anything...I am as excited to see just how Chiang interprets the Gods and Goddesses just as much as I am intrigued as to where Azzarello is taking Diana and the story.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psyshot View Post
    Was it necessary? Seriously? What is it? A pissing contest?
    It is great that we can laugh at ourselves and each other from time to time...it's the "funnies", after all.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)